Favorite movie or television scene

10,478 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by VanZandt92
Bruce Almighty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's your single (as in mention only one) favorite movie or television scene of all time?

My pick is the USS Indianapolis scene in Jaws.
agenjake
The Godfather baptism/murder montage. So striking I involuntarily think about it anytime I am at a baptism or mass and we renew the baptismal vows.
AgPediRPh
AG
Breaking Bad could get its own thread in this category. I can't decide between "I shot a dog" and "say my name!"
chipotle
First place: dumb and dumber toilet scene

Second place: red wedding

Third place: Friends when joey wraps his pen15 with silly puddy to get a part and it falls off on the audition
IrishTxAggie
AG
John Belushi- THEY TOOK THR BAR! THE WHOLE ****ING BAR!
Cancelled
AG
Movie 1st: said it before. Bar scene in Goodfellas.
Movie 2nd: full metal jacket haircut scene.

Tv 1st: Kramer goes to work
Tv 2nd: Charlie taking care of the bar in the chicken scam episode of sunny.
Tv 3rd: Projects scene in True Detective
TajMaballer
AG
Post credit scene at the end of Iron Man. Biggest jaw dropping moment in a movie I ever had.
Bruce Almighty
AG
TajMaballer said:

Post credit scene at the end of Iron Man. Biggest jaw dropping moment in a movie I ever had.

I think the greatest scene in comic book movie history is the fight between Iron Man and Thor in the first Avengers.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Scenes that always stick out to me..

Movies:

The Godfather : Baptism Scene (and simultaneous assassinations)
Godfather Part 2: Landlord scene where he realizes who Vito is and "lowers the rent"
Godfather Part 2: Mama Corleone's funeral, Michael & Fredo embrace/reconcile but then Michael gives Neri the look to seal Fredo's fate
HEAT : Bank Robbery gone wrong/shoot out
Love Actually: Kid running through airport and the whole sequence with other storylines with it
In the Line of Fire: Eastwood sitting at the Lincoln Memorial telling himself "if she looks back then she's interested"

TV:

NYPD Blue: Detective Simone takes his last breaths
Breaking Bad: The sequence with Hank in the car waiting in "One Minute"
Brian's Song: Gale Sayer's speech about his friend Brian Piccalo
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Favorite - the crowd parts, revealing big guy with sword, Indiana Jones looks at him with a look that says "I don't have time for this crap", whips out his gun and shoots the guy dead - Raiders of the Lost Ark

Others I can think of

Animal House - John Belushi going through the cafeteria line, stuffing his pockets with entire bunches of bananas, his mouth his an entire burger, slurping down jello, and overloading his tray

The Empire Strikes Back - very quick visual effects shot during the AT-AT attack on Hoth, when Rebel soldiers are fleeing and behind them you can see three walkers shooting randomly at these soldiers - that shot is a composite shot of many elements but even this many years later it appears to be completely real and the scale of the shot is impressive

Return of the Jedi - the look on Palpatine's face right after he said "Now, you will die" to Luke and started Force lightning Skywalker was pure evil. That actor was perfectly cast for the role.

The series finale of M*A*S*H - the entire sequence in the bus (not sure if it was a bus, but it was a good hiding place) when they were evading the North Koreans (or was it Chinese) and Hawkeye tells the lady to shut that chicken up lest it give away their hiding place - and then the realization that she had not killed a chicken but an infant. I have only seen that episode once (probably the only episode of M*A*S*H I can say that about) but that scene has stuck with me all these years.
aggiesq
AG
Unforgiven - ending sequence in the saloon. I could watch that a million times.

Private Ryan - Omaha beach

Glengarry Glen Ross - Put that coffee down speech
MooreTrucker
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

The series finale of M*A*S*H - the entire sequence in the bus (not sure if it was a bus, but it was a good hiding place) when they were evading the North Koreans (or was it Chinese) and Hawkeye tells the lady to shut that chicken up lest it give away their hiding place - and then the realization that she had not killed a chicken but an infant. I have only seen that episode once (probably the only episode of M*A*S*H I can say that about) but that scene has stuck with me all these years.
Still the highest-rated single television broadcast in U.S. history.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Until the Simpsons finally decide to call it quits.
Ulrich
Hector vs Achilles in Troy.
Presley OBannons Sword
O captain my captain scene in dead poets society
Presley OBannons Sword
The Cuba lunch scene in a few good men
Know Your Enemy
AG
Presley OBannons Sword said:

O captain my captain scene in dead poets society

This.
Know Your Enemy
AG
And the Phoebe Cates pool scene in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
GiveEmHellBill
AG

Give me chills.

Started reading comics in the early 80's and I still couldn't believe I was seeing this happen.

Funky Winkerbean
AG
Monsters Ball...you know which one
65532ag
1. Sicilian story in true romance by dennis hopper.
2. Gun scene after blaines death in predator.
3. Post zipper scene in something about mary where the special needs brother is yelling that he was masturbating.
4. Swan scene in notebook was pretty pimp.
5. Belch scene by booger in revenge of the nerds.

That should round out my top 5 by genre.
Bottlehead90
AG
The opening sequence to raiders of the lost ark.

Paladin05
AG
TV...the last scene of "Farhampton" in How I Met Your Mother, when Ted has no idea that he's a few feet away from his future wife on the train platform. That final shot still gives me chills when I watch it. And the conversation between Ted and the German guy that precedes that scene is hilarious and so very, very German.

Movies...too many people have already said the baptism scene from The Godfather, so I'll go with the scene in the cornfield from North By Northwest. Just a classic, suspenseful and beautifully shot.
Potcake
AG

et98
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Breaking Bad: The sequence with Hank in the car waiting in "One Minute"
This. The parking lot scene in from "One Minute" of Breaking Bad starting at the moment Hank's phone rings until the parking lot scene ends.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Potcake said:

Blue star sir.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Potcake said:

Blue star sir.
What movie is this?
Sapper Redux
Hardhome: The entire sequence was unexpected and so brilliantly done. Jon's fight with the White Walker was incredible. (Runner up would be the opening sequence to Winds of Winter where Cersei gets her revenge)

Jaws: The opening scene with the woman terrified me as a kid. It was so perfectly done.

Jurassic Park: The T. Rex bursting through the fence. I have been a huge Dinosaur geek my entire life and that scene blew my 12 year-old brain

And a comedy bit that I love:

From season 3 of Family Guy, where they go to the Deep South, Peter goes into an outhouse and it gets knocked over. The line, "It's everywhere, its in my raccoon wounds," had me rolling.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Dude....

True Detective, first season.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

3. Post zipper scene in something about mary where the special needs brother is yelling that he was masturbating.

Underrated movie. Probably my favorite comedy of all time.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Another scene I really like - when Sam Neil gets his first glimpse of the brachiosaurus in Jurassic Park

In The Lost World when several of the characters are trying to escape through the long grass and Spielberg pulled up for a high angle shot to reveal several rows in the long grass all converging on the people - and the velociraptors attacked.
TyHolden
AG

Bruce Almighty
AG
Nice to know the reading comprehension of my fellow Aggies suck.
Quinn
AG
agenjake said:

The Godfather baptism/murder montage. So striking I involuntarily think about it anytime I am at a baptism or mass and we renew the baptismal vows.

Funny, I think about it every time I'm murdering someone.
Quinn
AG
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.