Santa Clarita Diet - Netflix

4,135 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Emotional Support Cobra
CivilAg10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else watching this? I'm about halfway through the season and am finding it to be hilarious.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
CivilAg10 said:

Anyone else watching this? I'm about halfway through the season and am finding it to be hilarious.

will definitely give it a try....saw her on Fallon the other night. Not a great clip they showed but I love Olyphant so I'll give it a shot.
CivilAg10
AG
If anyone would like it, I believe it would be you
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
CivilAg10 said:

If anyone would like it, I believe it would be you
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

i love when people reference my handle....i don't think about it often so it makes me go "huh......oh zombie...yeah!!!"
TriAg2010
AG
I'll give it a "not bad" through the first five episodes. Drew Barrymore plays crazy well. Neighbor kid is pretty funny.
Jim01
AG
Honestly the trailer look d horrible to me. Just atrocious. I've heard decent reviews though so now I'm getting curious.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Four episodes in. Pretty funny, entertaining enough. Really surprised at the amount of gore.
cwpaggie07
AG
Finished it. Thought it was pretty funny, especially eps 5-7. I'm a big Olyphant fan (loved Justified and his role in The Girl Next Door) and he's good in this as well. I also think the daughter is very funny.
TxKng82
AG
Enjoyed it, looking forward to season 2. Not the greatest thing on Netflix but worth a look
Sex Panther
AG
Jim01 said:

Honestly the trailer look d horrible to me. Just atrocious. I've heard decent reviews though so now I'm getting curious.

Same. I'll check it out though since TexAgs seems to like it
fig96
AG
We finished it over the weekend after watching a few eps last week. It's surprisingly funny and definitely gory, was a fresh take on the genre and had some great moments.

Also entertaining to see Raylan Givens as a super suburban SoCal dad.
JoCoAg09
AG
It was entertaining and a quick/easy watch.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Thanks to this thread we watched several episodes last night. It was easy to watch and entertaining which was a break from our previous watching of "orange is the new black"
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Just finished it. Thought it was a good show and worked well. Funny enough and the characters were good. Thought the end was kind of abrupt though, kind of a weird place to leave it (in my opinion).
PTXaggie08
AG
Watched the first episode. Gave up. Too weird for me, didn't make me laugh at all.

I also really dislike Drew Barrymore...
Cancelled
AG
Weird show
Counterpoint
AG
This sounds like iZombie. Is it similar?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Count Counterpoint said:

I'd say not remotely after seeing the first episode.
Counterpoint
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Count Counterpoint said:

I'd say not remotely after seeing the first episode.
Thanks!
BMX Bandit
Couldn't finish first episode.

Barrymore is worse than usual & Oliphant isn't even trying. Terrible.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Couldn't finish first episode.

Barrymore is worse than usual & Oliphant isn't even trying. Terrible.

Yeah...well I finished Ep. 1 but....less than enthralled overall.

I was VERY excited actually when Nathan Fillian showed up I did not know he was in the show - but alas I'm not sure I'll keep watching anyway.

Yes I finished the episode if you are wondering, no spoilers though even under a spoilers blackout.

I think it is trying to be the suburban soccer mom of zombies but it's not the same casual cool that Weeds was (the casual cool soccer mom of drug dealing).

Geriatric Punk
AG
Pretty "meh," but you could do worse if you are looking for mindless entertainment.
FtBendTxAg
AG
I think it's been pretty fun so far,I've watched like 6-7 episodes. Big Barrymore and olyphant fan. Pretty fun mindless entertainment, that's about it.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Liked the show and thought oliphant was superb

Way netter than most of the netflix shows
Whitetail
AG
It was a pretty slow pilot, but picks up pretty quick through the middle. I laughed out loud multiple times throughout the season. Ending was kind of abrupt.
swimmerbabe11
Yall weren't wrong. That last episode felt like the episode before a season finale, not the last episode of a season.
TX AG 88
AG
The wife and I binged this over the last few weekends. Watched all of season 2 the night before last and yesterday.

There was a lot of gore, but it was so "farcical" it wasn't reallyl gross. Great characters, imo. I haven't really liked Drew B in the past, but she's good in this. Tim O is very good, and their chemistry really works. Daughter and next door neighbor kid are good, particularly the neighbor boy. Nathan Fillion's part is hilarious. Even Ramona made me laugh out loud a few times. (And as an aside, boy, Markie Post sure isn't showing her age!!!)

Definite thumbs up.
nashvilleaggie11
It's awesome. Kinda sad we binge watched the second season so fast.
wangus12
AG
Just watched it with the girlfriend. She really liked it and I thought it was decent. Love Fillion in just about anything.

Serious Lee
love this show but i have a mancrush on olyphant.

Japopo's is such a hilariously awful name for a restaurant.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Season 3 is out! Love this stupid show and binged it so fast last month.

Curious as to how they work the plot after the season 2 finale.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.