*** LION ***

3,412 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by JDUB08AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TCTTS
AG
Saw this a few weeks back as well. I've teared up at plenty of movies, but I can't remember the last time I actually had a tear or two run down my face, like I did at the end of this one. I'm so not a cryer, and I won't say I was legit crying, but man, this one got to me big time. For me, it was just such a great, emotional ending. I love movies like this that just have one, simple, straightforward goal, because if done right, and the goal is achieved, it works better than almost anything else.
TCTTS
AG
EDIT: Ha, never mind. My eyes totally skipped your list.
AliasMan02
AG
Not about Voltron. Disappointed.
AR_Ag95
AG
TCTTS said:

Saw this a few weeks back as well. I've teared up at plenty of movies, but I can't remember the last time I actually had a tear or two run down my face, like I did at the end of this one. I'm so not a cryer, and I won't say I was legit crying, but man, this one got to me big time. For me, it was just such a great, emotional ending. I love movies like this that just have one, simple, straightforward goal, because if done right, and the goal is achieved, it works better than almost anything else.

So your saying it has the greatness of:

Rudy Rudy Rudy.......

Gets me every time
emando2000
AG
Or Gus dying in Lonesome Dove?
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
emando2000 said:

Or Gus dying in Lonesome Dove?
I watched this in college for the first time at a friends apartment. I girl walks in while we were watching the 3rd episode and goes, "is this the one where Gus dies?" I was like "GUS DIES" she was hot though.
sichair
AG
This is an amazing story. I too am not a cryer and welled up a bit. Maybe it's being a parent but it got to me. I would definitely recommend checking this out.
Prime0882
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Not about Voltron. Disappointed.
Not about Lion from Narcos. Disappointed.
caleblyn
I have been to India 3 times working in orphanages. I reared up watching the trailer. No way I will make it through the movie.
DG-Ag
AG
Saw it over the weekend. Absolutely fantastic and what an incredible story. And OP is right - the little guy that played young Saroo was awesome and one of the cutest little kids you'll see in a movie.
aggiesq
AG
saw this today. wife picked it and i knew zero about it going in. i hadnt even seen this thread.

enjoyed it a lot.
aglaohfour
AG
Saw it by myself in a totally empty theater a couple of weeks ago and I was outright sobbing at various points throughout. I adore Dev Patel and he was great, but the young Saroo was just perfect. And Nicole Kidman.... I haven't seen her in a role I've liked in years and years, but as an adoptive mom myself, I think she nailed this role. Just all around a beautiful movie.
BassCowboy33
Loved it. Much better than the borefest that was La La Land.
nashvilleaggie11
Saw it today (it's finally out in College Station.) It was fantastic. Beautifully done, powerful, great acting and made even better by the fact it is a true story. Now, I will admit I cried a little throughout but then absolutely lost it at the end (to the point of snorting/crying HAHA.) I am also pregnant and hormonal but DANG. Then we got in the car and my husband and I discussed the movie more and I broke out into another full on crying spell.

My point...it was fantastic. Go see it. It should win every Oscar tomorrow.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Saw it today after work, very well done. I definitely had to wipe my eyes as the credits rolled.
chipotle
showtime
AG
GUDDUUUUUUUU!!
OldArmy71
AG
I saw it yesterday. The best part was the first half with the kid trying to survive. The kid and Nicole Kidman (I am not a big fan of hers) were excellent.
AgGrad99
AG
Saw Lion this past weekend.

Great movie. It got a little long in the middle when he was researching, and distancing from everyone....but thats a minor complaint.

On a side note, the movie gave me nightmares. It panics me inside to know that many kids go missing each year, and the fate that most of them are subjected to. They did a good job of touching on what he was lucky to escape from, but that completely freaks me out.

oragator
Finally saw this tonight.
I agree with others, the kid who played saroo was amazing.
having been to India and with lots of Indian contacts here I was glad they didn't turn his town or family into a stereotype. Humanity shown through in everyone in the movie.
The Anchor
AG
Great movie!
Duncan Idaho
Was I the only one that thought Kidman was especially hot in this movie?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dafuq?
FL_Ag1998
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Was I the only one that thought Kidman was especially hot in this movie?

Yes
TennAg
Yeah I'm quite sure you were. She was pretty gross.
JDUB08AG
AG
I watched Moonlight, Lion, and La La Land back to back to back on a long flight. I'm going to pause on the rest of thoughts here and how a certain movie won a certain award.

I was bawling like a little girl at the end of Lion. I don't do that. Never before has a movie tugged on my heartstrings so much. It was a tremendous story and the acting was superb.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.