*** THE DISCOVERY *** (Jason Segal, Rooney Mara, Robert Redford)

2,124 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 42799862
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Eighteen days into the new year, and this is the trailer to beat so far. Here's the synopsis...

Quote:

One year after the existence of the afterlife is scientifically verified, millions around the world have ended their own lives in order to "get there". A man and woman fall in love while coming to terms with their own tragic pasts and the true nature of the afterlife.

The Discovery premieres this week at Sundance, and the good news is the rest of us don't have to wait long to see it, relatively speaking, as it hits Netflix on March 31. Can't wait.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
You got got, buddy.

https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2828511
TCTTS
AG
99% of the time, I check. This was the one time I didn't. Serves me right.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Jim01
AG
Rooney Mara.... anything she wants at anytime.

Directed by her long time boyfriend Charlie McDowell (son of Malcolm McDowell and Mary Steenburgen).
TCTTS
AG
Reviews are coming in from the first Sundance screenings and apparently it's good but not great. A few people are absolutely raving about it, while the rest think it's only decent, and that it doesn't quite live up to its ambitions.
TCTTS
AG
New trailer. Dives into the plot a bit more, but not as good as the first...

Jim01
AG
I saw online people advising to skip the second trailer because it gives away way too much.
redd38
AG
Speaking of Rooney Mara... are they ever going to make the rest of the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo movies?
The Debt
Jim01 said:

Rooney Mara.... anything she wants at anytime.

Directed by her long time boyfriend Charlie McDowell (son of Malcolm McDowell and Mary Steenburgen).

She did a great job playing Loki in the MCU

TCTTS
AG
Doubtful. Fincher won't be back. There have been rumors of trying a sequel without him (and with Mara), but I doubt it ever materializes. The first one just didn't do as good as Sony wanted at the box office.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.