Man in the High Castle season 1 - just started

2,744 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Swarely
Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
3 Eps in and it is great! Looked for link to discussion on first season and couldn't find. Didn't want to look in the season 2 thread. Little help?
MrPlow2010
AG
https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2687354/1#discussion

I just binged both seasons the past two weeks. Loved it. One of my favorite shows.
Mucho austin
AG
Only gets better
Big Al 1992
AG
Thx!!
VikingNik
AG
The reviews for season two are surprisingly weak. I really liked it though.
Trident 88
AG
Really? I thought season 2 was much more entertaining.
JDUB08AG
AG
I accidentally watched season 2 episode 1 instead of season 1 episode 1 last week. I was so freaking confused. A few spoilers in there but still enjoy it so far after starting at the beginning.
TP Ag '87
AG
I'm in minority but I was disappointed and stopped late in Season 1. Just didn't like the actors/characters enough although the premise itself is fascinating.
3rdGen2015
AG
Read the synopsis for the episodes you missed and give Season 2 a try. I was in the same boat as you, but enjoyed the second season quite a bit.
powerbelly
AG
TP Ag '87 said:

I'm in minority but I was disappointed and stopped late in Season 1.
I stopped as well.
jabberwalkie09
AG
TP Ag '87 said:

I'm in minority but I was disappointed and stopped late in Season 1. Just didn't like the actors/characters enough although the premise itself is fascinating.

That's what I did the first time around, then I went back and finished it over the summer.

Season two makes up for season one though. Especially the last two or three episodes.
Malcolm52
AG
most of the characters are really weak, but the premise of the show is so terrifying/fascinating/mind boggling that it keeps me coming back.

looking forward to season 3! I hope they explore more of Smith's past.

Smith, Kido, Thomas, Childan and Tagomi are the best characters.

Joe, Frank, Ed, and Gary are damn near unwatchable. Julianna is meh
Sex Panther
AG
Malcolm52 said:

most of the characters are really weak, but the premise of the show is so terrifying/fascinating/mind boggling that it keeps me coming back.

looking forward to season 3! I hope they explore more of Smith's past.

Smith, Kido, Thomas, Childan and Tagomi are the best characters.

Joe, Frank, Ed, and Gary are damn near unwatchable. Julianna is meh

I really like Julianna and I think Joe is ok... his story arch is pretty interesting.

But yeah Kido and Tagomi are great, and like I said on the official thread, I think John Smith is one of the best characters on television.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Sex Panther said:

But yeah Kido and Tagomi are great, and like I said on the official thread, I think John Smith is one of the best characters on television.
Kido, Tagomi, and O-I can't think of how to spell his rank/title- John Smith are the three best characters in the show. Season two I think gives Smith his best chance to shine, and I'm actually interested in where they're going to go with his story. I'm also interested in how Juliana will play into his plans but the more interesting part of the second season is why did Tagomi get the films in the finale? That to me is the burning question to be answered in season 3.
Kashchei
AG
Just wait til S2!
titanmaster_race
s1 was good, s2 was great
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
VikingNik said:

Seriously?

I thought Season 1 was fantastic and have only finished through the first two episodes in Season 2 and see nothing but improvement from the previous season.
Sex Panther
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

VikingNik said:

Seriously?

I thought Season 1 was fantastic and have only finished through the first two episodes in Season 2 and see nothing but improvement from the previous season.

I noticed on Rotten Tomatoes season 2 has a score of 63% whereas season 1 has a 95%

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I also don't put a lot of stock into RT's tv reviews. The TexAgs consensus is that season 2 was excellent.
Malcolm52
AG
Sex Panther said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

VikingNik said:

Seriously?

I noticed on Rotten Tomatoes season 2 has a score of 63% whereas season 1 has a 95%

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I also don't put a lot of stock into RT's tv reviews. The TexAgs consensus is that season 2 was excellent.
I think the complaints about season 2 were some of the weaker narratives of a few of the characters. Seemed to be plot driven vs character driven.

That being said I overlooked a lot of that because I was fascinated by the overall premise and a few of the stronger characters. loved season 2
The D
AG
Both season 1 and season 2 have slow parts and some bad episodes. However, the good episodes are some of the best TV I have ever seen. Season 2 finale comes to mind.

I got bored with season 1 in the middle and it really picks up at the end. Season 2 is faster paced, but I wasn't a fan of the Frank story line in San Fran. The Nazi stuff however was awesome.
dvldog
AG
WelchAg said:

I accidentally watched season 2 episode 1 instead of season 1 episode 1 last week. I was so freaking confused. A few spoilers in there but still enjoy it so far after starting at the beginning.
We did the exact same thing. Made us feel pretty stupid as we couldn't figure out what was going on.
Sazerac
AG
2 was much better

I still think the show would be better without the films / dimension traveling. Seems most people like it for the "what if we had lost ww2..." Aspect alone.
VikingNik
AG
http://www.gamesradar.com/the-man-in-the-high-castle-season-2-review/
http://www.vox.com/culture/2016/12/19/13995878/the-man-in-the-high-castle-review-season-2-amazon-worst

Spoilers in those articles if you haven't watched. I enjoyed season 2 and I think many others did as well so don't let it turn you off to it.
The Debt
powerbelly51 said:

TP Ag '87 said:

I'm in minority but I was disappointed and stopped late in Season 1.
I stopped as well.

Me three.

Kept falling asleep. After 5 episodes, I didn't develop any GAFs for any character despite the compelling premise.
Sea Gull
AG
We started watching a year ago, stopped, and then finally finished season one. Will start season 2 shortly. Agree with most of the thoughts on here; some of the characters are very weak, while others are great. I'm successfully confused after the season 1 finale.
Texmid
AG
I enjoyed it. Season 2 is much better than Season 1.
MROD92
Finally finished season 2, great ending. When will season 3 debut?
Swarely
jabberwalkie09 said:

Sex Panther said:

Kido, Tagomi, and O-I can't think of how to spell his rank/title- John Smith are the three best characters in the show. Season two I think gives Smith his best chance to shine, and I'm actually interested in where they're going to go with his story. I'm also interested in how Juliana will play into his plans but the more interesting part of the second season is why did Tagomi get the films in the finale? That to me is the burning question to be answered in season 3.

Obergruppenfhrer
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.