2017 concerts

81,573 Views | 806 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Lost
Canadian-Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are there any concerts that you're looking forward to seeing in 2017?

I already have plans to see Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers in April (4th time I've seen them since 2008) as well as Roger Waters in July. Wasn't able to make to a show during his The Wall tour. Hoping it's as well done as The Wall shows (from what I've seen on the concert DVD). Hoping to see The Bright Light Social Hour this year. Just discovered their Space Is Still the Place album.
spadilly
S
U2 just announced their tour - 30th anniv of the Joshua Tree - playing every song from the album at every show. Lumineers opening for them. That's about as good as it gets.

Houston 5/24 at NRG
ORAggieFan
Seeing the Revivalists next month.
jrod2181
Hamilton - May 13 Broadway
U2 in Tampa June 14th
Al Bula
AG
Looks like A Perfect Circle is touring in the spring. I plan on that.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
sweet definitely will try to catch U2.

I already have tickets for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers 40th Anniversary tour....April 22 in Dallas.

Oh I also have Sting tickets in February in Dallas too.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Tom Petty in Houston.
TP Ag '87
AG
Whoa. Didn't see that. Thanks.

Sting in Feb.
Alter Bridge for Valentine's Day

Debating U2
Tobias Funke
AG
Seeing Lisa Hannigan, Dashboard Confessional, and Garth Brooks in the span of two weeks this month.

Weird concert lineup!
CoppellAg93
AG

2/20 Sting
10/7 Tim McGraw & Faith Hill
10/22 Evanescence

Pignorant
AG
3/11 Underoath - South Side Ballroom in Dallas
62strat
AG
Just one so far; Opeth, Gojira and Devin Townsend at red rocks this summer.

That's about it.
FtBendTxAg
AG
I hope to see Chris Stapleton at the hlsr
jetch17
AG
think Metallica will tour on the new album?
Al Bula
AG
jetch17 said:

It looks like the US leg of the tour will begin in May. LINK: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WorldWired_Tour
Big Al 1992
AG
Anyone want to head to Dublin for U2 show at Croke Park - thinking about it.
Prophet00
AG
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers with the Black Crowes at Red Rocks was one of the best concerts I've been to.

He puts on a great show.
corleoneAg99
AG
RTJ
Feb 3
Oakland

Can't wait.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
RHCP
MSG
2/17
Professor Frick
AG
corleoneAg99 said:

RTJ
Feb 3
Oakland

Can't wait.

Oh nice, where at?
Ag_N_Houston
AG
Going to the NKOTB, Paula Abdul, Boyz II Men concert in May. Very excited...takes me back to my middle school/HS days.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I'm seeing Guns N' Roses in Minneapolis in July and then again in Regina, Saskatchewan in August. Really looking forward to it. I missed seeing them in '92 in Dallas and never had a chance to see them again. I'm not missing this one.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

I'm seeing Guns N' Roses in Minneapolis in July and then again in Regina, Saskatchewan in August. Really looking forward to it. I missed seeing them in '92 in Dallas and never had a chance to see them again. I'm not missing this one.

wow...i thought that entire tour was 2016.

Had no idea they had another leg in 2017...mostly INTL locations but some US/Canada dates too.

Well........I hope they last that long....I feared they wouldn't make it through the US Tour last year but they did. And it was great. Just always the potential for ...well......it's guns n roses you know.

They "seem" to have matured and the money is so damn good....so I hope you do get to see them.

Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I was curious if they'd finish the tour last year as well. I've been following them (via the internet) through South America, Japan, New Zealand, etc. They seem to still be going strong. I hope they make it, too. No dates were within a 10 hour drive last summer and they toured during our vacation. My wife wouldn't let me cancel vacation for a GnR show. Minneapolis is a 10 hour drive and Regina is a 3 hour drive. We're making a weekend of both shows.
corleoneAg99
AG
Professor Frick said:

corleoneAg99 said:

RTJ
Feb 3
Oakland

Can't wait.

Oh nice, where at?

Fox Theater.
Professor Frick
AG
Nice. Great venue. Btw, not sure if you're from around there, but last show I went to there we had dinner a block or two away at a southern restaurant called Pican and somehow it came up in talking with the manager that we had gone to A&M, turns out he was Yemi Babalola's brother. Not sure if he or the restaurant are still there, but it was a good place
62strat
AG
RPM said:

jetch17 said:

It looks like the US leg of the tour will begin in May. LINK: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WorldWired_Tour
Yeh they've said several times in press they are touring this one just like death magnetic.
Tormentos
AG
Beer30
AG
62strat
AG
I had been meaning to tell you about them in singapore.. looks like you're on it!
schmendeler
AG
Lumineers in March
Alicia Keys at the HLS&R
Bastille in April
corleoneAg99
AG
Professor Frick said:

Nice. Great venue. Btw, not sure if you're from around there, but last show I went to there we had dinner a block or two away at a southern restaurant called Pican and somehow it came up in talking with the manager that we had gone to A&M, turns out he was Yemi Babalola's brother. Not sure if he or the restaurant are still there, but it was a good place

Thanks for the info...I am not from the area. Flying in because they aren't coming to DFW this round because of the music fests they've done in state and several buddies in the northern CA area wanted to go. Pumped!
VanZandt92
no dates for Dave Matthews nearby me. Thank goodness!
Professor Frick
AG
Nice, the Fox is in a great part of town and our favorite venue in the area. Have fun!
Al Bula
AG
Minus The Bear (alt rock from Seattle) is touring

3/18 @ White Oak Music Hall in Houston

Link: https://www.minusthebear.com/live/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.