Taboo

15,328 Views | 138 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wesag
Easy 8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Who is the actor playing the American physician spy and what has he starred in before?
He's been a a number of different things but the only one I can really remember him from was the HBO series "Generation Kill" (CPT Patterson).

W
AG
wow, episode 6 went next level tonight.

thinned out a few cast members too. Looking forward to seeing who makes the trip to America...if anyone (at this rate)
Ag_07
AG
Crushed it...Again

This is a damn good show and I'm really going to miss it.

Any news on a 2nd season?
BQ_00
AG
Easy 8 said:

Quote:

Who is the actor playing the American physician spy and what has he starred in before?
He's been a a number of different things but the only one I can really remember him from was the HBO series "Generation Kill" (CPT Patterson).

He's in House of Cards as well
zap
AG
*Winter

*Confessional
AgGrad99
AG
I like the show for the Nootka Sound, James Delaney, East India Trading company story line.

The storyline with his sister & mom is weird, and so far pointless. I wish they'd phase that part of the show out, and get more into his dealings. They also need to develop a few more characters in his inner circle.

This show could be like a Peaky Blinders with a different setting, but so far the story seems a little stuck.
Urban Ag
AG
AgGrad99 said:

I like the show for the Nootka Sound, James Delaney, East India Trading company story line.

The storyline with his sister & mom is weird, and so far pointless. I wish they'd phase that part of the show out, and get more into his dealings. They also need to develop a few more characters in his inner circle.

This show could be like a Peaky Blinders with a different setting, but so far the story seems a little stuck.
I am really enjoying it but tend to agree with this.
Ag_07
AG
I can see that as a complaint, but I think there's more to it.

His mom has a direct link to Nootka since she was included in the trade. Correct?

I think the sister storyline is just thrown in to fit into the taboo part of it.

Also just as an aside I think they've strayed away from Delaney's connection to the sinking of the slave ship. Think that comes back into play as he goes to war with the EIC.
AgGrad99
AG
I agree...but if there is more to it...they need to get to it already.

His sister is weird, and there are only so many more times I can see makeup lady in the water convulsing.

I like the show...just wish they'd focus a bit more on the story, and characters, and less on that particular string.
maca1028
I have painfully made it through 3 episodes, does this show ever pick up?
Goat Man
AG
I find it intriguing but did so from the very first episode. If you are not interested through 3 episodes I would throw in the towel.
Ag_07
AG
I may give one more, but echo what has already been said.

It took me a couple to be 100% in but even before that I found it intriguing and was far away from painfully making it through.

Can easily see how this a show that you either love or hate.
redline248
AG
Delaney is so hardcore. Can't wait to see what his use for Strange is
Ag_07
AG
Loved how that this whole time they show him coping with feelings/visions that he's drowning, then he casually goes on to take the waterboarding like a champ. Good tie in there

So I've read that they have plans for a second season but I have heard anything as far it being greenlighted or picked up.

oragator
Ag_07 said:

Loved how that this whole time they show him coping with feelings/visions that he's drowning, then he casually goes on to take the waterboarding like a champ. Good tie in there

So I've read that they have plans for a second season but I have heard anything as far it being greenlighted or picked up.

Yeah mixed word.
The producer says there will be one, but nothing official has come across and there are reports that Hardy lot money on season 1.
I could see him finding someone to partner with for season 2 to defray cost, but will be interesting to see what his risk tolerance is.
Ag_07
AG
Kind of a completely off subject but watching this week I noticed the actor playing Atticus looked familiar but couldn't figure it out.

Well after doing some quick research turns out he also played Tommy in Snatch. Pretty drastic difference in those two characters.

I'm a big Snatch fan and just thought it was interesting.
redline248
AG
I just realized that this week, too
mpl35
AG
Ag_07 said:

Kind of a completely off subject but watching this week I noticed the actor playing Atticus looked familiar but couldn't figure it out.

Well after doing some quick research turns out he also played Tommy in Snatch. Pretty drastic difference in those two characters.

I'm a big Snatch fan and just thought it was interesting.

Also played al Capone on boardwalk empire. He was one of the guys to protest the incompetent leader and gets demoted on band of brothers.
BassCowboy33
oragator said:

Ag_07 said:

Yeah mixed word.
The producer says there will be one, but nothing official has come across and there are reports that Hardy lot money on season 1.
I could see him finding someone to partner with for season 2 to defray cost, but will be interesting to see what his risk tolerance is.

Yeah, I've read that they have the show planned for three seasons.
Ag_07
AG
Pretty good season finale

So...About that opening scene. Thought maybe they packaged everything up a bit too nicely, but it was awesome to see Delany's plan unfold.

Really hoping this gets picked somewhere for S2
Humorous Username
AG
I wonder if the show would have been much different if they never paid attention to his half sister.

After watching the finale, the time spent on/with her seems relatively pointless.
AgGrad99
AG
Humorous Username said:

I wonder if the show would have been much different if they never paid attention to his half sister.

After watching the finale, the time spent on/with her seems relatively pointless.
I think it would have been a much better show.

If anything, they could have taken out the incestual/spiritual relationship angle, and had her working for him in the background (only to have her role revealed in the finale or something like that).

but as is, she was a dumb distraction from the good parts of the story.

The Finale was great, and I wish the entire episode took on a similar feel.
mpl35
AG
The entire sister/BIL line was a throw away. I wanted more action. Tom Hardy killing people is fun. It was over very fast since I recorded and then watched them all in 2 weeks. Hope season 2 builds momentum.
oragator
Some hope for season 2.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/01/tom-hardy-sorta-maybe-confirms-taboo-season-2-were-onto-the-next-stage-6482400/

I actually liked the storyline with his sister. It as used to show what a "savage" he was, to show his African "powers", to show that he is capable of a real relationship even but only in a twisted way, it highlighted society morals, and my guess is that it still has room to run, if she were truly dead they would have made it more definitive.

In a lot of ways it's the central story in defining who he is.
W
AG
it was intense at the end seeing who was going to make it onto the ship...and who wasn't.

one of the best scenes was Delaney telling Brace that he wasn't on the list. Made sense.
oragator
https://www.yahoo.com/news/tom-hardy-drama-taboo-renewed-164310998.htmL

Season 2 confirmed.
Humorous Username
AG
oragator said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tom-hardy-drama-taboo-renewed-164310998.htmL

Season 2 confirmed.

MaroonStain
AG
Hoozah for Season 2!!! I am very satisfied with the last few episodes.
Bobcat06
AG
Since Tom Hardy is immune to drowning, is it possible that his sister did jump off the bridge to kill herself but didn't die since she can't drown either?
redline248
AG
He said he couldn't hear her singing, like the others...but then toward the end of the episode didn't he hear her whispering or something?
OleArmyBQ68
AG
redline248 said:

He said he couldn't hear her singing, like the others...but then toward the end of the episode didn't he hear her whispering or something?
Yes
VanZandt92
Clavell
AG
Wonder if there might be some privateer action next season? Quite a bit still going on during that period. Maybe meet up with Jean Lafitte for some Louisiana voodoo action?
VanZandt92
Taboo is a wickedly good show with great acting. It is heads above most TV right now, including much of HBO.

Lots of prostitution though..
wesag
AG
Freaking dark.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.