Recommend a documentary

10,406 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by getme
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
biobioprof said:

Bunk Moreland said:

If the group is all older than say 30 or 35, and enjoys music, then Muscle Shoals should be the choice for a gathering of friends like this.
Um... it's good, but in terms of music documentaries:

Woodstock.

Watched Woodstock as part of my hs senior film class final. I own a copy. Joe cooker's performance was incredible, santana jamming on acid thinking his guitar was a snake trying to eat him was great, etc.

Its a fantastic documentary. But if I'm gathering with friends of varied backgrounds and opinions, muscle Shoals hits more check boxes, and tells a great story that virtually no one who isn't in the music business(and many of them also) had no idea about. That's why I suggested it.

If it's purely a music doc/concert question, my suggestions would be The Last Waltz, Woodstock, Stop Making Sense, or Simon & Garfunkel live in Central Park.
birdman
Brother's Keeper - it's about twenty years old but riveting
JYDog90
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

biobioprof said:

Bunk Moreland said:

If the group is all older than say 30 or 35, and enjoys music, then Muscle Shoals should be the choice for a gathering of friends like this.
Um... it's good, but in terms of music documentaries:

Woodstock.

Watched Woodstock as part of my hs senior film class final. I own a copy. Joe cooker's performance was incredible, santana jamming on acid thinking his guitar was a snake trying to eat him was great, etc.

Its a fantastic documentary. But if I'm gathering with friends of varied backgrounds and opinions, muscle Shoals hits more check boxes, and tells a great story that virtually no one who isn't in the music business(and many of them also) had no idea about. That's why I suggested it.

If it's purely a music doc/concert question, my suggestions would be The Last Waltz, Woodstock, Stop Making Sense, or Simon & Garfunkel live in Central Park.

Have you watched Wrecking Crew? I liked it better than Muscle Shoals.
Bunk Moreland
I have not yet seen it. My buddy tells me I need to watch it immediately. I'll check it out
West Point Aggie
AG
This was very good and uniquely presented

rhutton125
AG
I don't watch a lot of docs but I thought Indie Game was pretty good
getme
If cars are a thing for you:

https://www.amazon.com/Love-Beast-Eric-Bana/dp/B003ITZBUO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488065132&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=love+the+beast&psc=1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.