***Homeland Season 6***

17,324 Views | 148 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Al Bula
oragator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trailer dropped today.

Premieres Jan 15.

I see potential as long as it doesn't get preachy.

http://www.slashfilm.com/homeland-season-6-trailer/
Al Bula
AG
All I gather from that trailer is that Heather Dunbar actually beat Frank Underwood in the race for the White House and Carrie is now Muslim sympathizer.
Silvertaps
AG
Those last few seconds...guess they listened to their audience about killing off Quinn.
Redstone
AG
Edit. Wrong thread

BTW, this show stinks
DaveHimself
AG
FYI the first episode is available on Showtime Anytime.
oh no
AG
yep; watched it a few days ago over the break.. meh. I'd rather they go back to the middle east or europe and kill some terrorists. my wife read somewhere that they will be getting away from that stuff now.. looks like Carrie Mathison is now some Muslim-American sympathizer and wants to help some Muslim men in legal battles and Quinn is a disabled vet heroin addict. at least Dar will have some interesting deals with Israelis behind the new president-elect's back.
oragator
Watched it today. Other seasons have started off a bit slow but this was different, very slow again but this year I don't see many interesting/Homeland style places this can go the way they set the season up. Appears they are focusing more on internal US politics and countering the bad muslim narrative from the last few years than external threats. Maybe that will change though.

And semi spoiler:

Of all the VA centers, why would a guy from DC where they have Walter Reed end up in one in NY, conveniently right near Carrie?
Al Bula
AG
I'll watch the whole season due to the greatness of the first two seasons of Homeland but I wasn't impressed with how this started.
TX04Aggie
AG
I think this is where I may pull the plug on Homeland. That for me, was a terrible season opener.
Swan Song
AG
Totally depressing and boring.

Guess they anticipated a woman pres?
AJ02
AG
Badass Peter Quinn was the only good thing about past seasons. Now he's a disabled drug addicted veteran. No reason for me to watch now.
zgood10
AG
I found myself not paying attention at various points in the premiere. That's pretty sad for this show.
Al Bula
AG
Seasons 1 and 2 were so masterful.

Season 3 was just a notch below.

Season 4 was crazy good and suspenseful with the Pakistan plot, ambassador's husband who turned to a spy.

Season 5 was mostly terrible but interesting because of Miranda Otto being a double agent and some of the spycraft.

Season 6 looks like it has turned into a soap opera with Carrie taking care of a junkie veteran and being a Muslim advocate. Totally 180 degrees from what made the show great. I know it was just one episode but a lot needs to happen to get back this show back on track.
TP Ag '87
AG
Thanks all. Saved me a lot of time. Had a nice run.
Serious Lee
zgood10 said:

I found myself not paying attention at various points in the premiere. That's pretty sad for this show.
same here. i had it minimized on my desktop for probly half the episode while i browsed texags
Gap
AG
I find myself hoping and rationalizing that there is no way that they do this for the entire season (12 hours). They have done this for 5 years and have to be smarter that that, don't they? At least I'm hoping that is the case.
Represent830
AG
I guess I'm in the super minority. Thought it was really good and is setting up the storylines for a good season. Carrie has always wanted to "get out" but never can. Now she's defending this kid who supposedly is radicalized? And Dar and Saul storyline sound fun with the new President.

I don't think it'll end up this way, but I hope the Quinn storyline isn't just him battling addiction. I thought he was going to kick that guys ass only to get knocked out.

We will see. I think it'll end up good.
dave94
AG
I think it was time for them to spend a season back at home. I did like them being right in the mix of things the past few seasons though.
bonfiresmoke
I just watched the first episode and I am totally disapppointed. I do not like the turn it appears to be taking. I will continue to see if it improves. If not, I'm done.
Boo Weekley
Wait, Peter Quinn is alive?
oh no
AG
Boo Weekley said:

Wait, Peter Quinn is alive?
only as a shell of his former self. Carrie pulled him out of the VA hospital and put him up in a garage apartment at her house though.. what could go wrong with a disabled heroin addict being around your little girl?
Fairview
AG
I heard they are bringing back Dana Brody back for a few episodes because her episodes were so well received.
Gap
AG
I'd rather a whole season based around Dana Brody than the garbage that has been these 1st two episodes. Just for a brief moment tonight during episode 2, I thought this season could head in a good direction if it turned to them being on the trail of terror recruiting networks in the US, but no. All we are getting is straight rote liberal garbage. And Carrie is a secret advisor of the president elect? Come on. Just stupid. I'm afraid they have killed their series. So sad. Im not planning to watch any longer unless I hear that it has gone in a new direction. I can always catch up if it does.
PooDoo
AG
Poor Quin... I was hoping he was going to smash that Coors tallboy up side that dudes head.

Shouldn't Quin be one of the most famous people in the world? He was shown gassed on TV & the internet and survived.

Crazy sacrificed Quin to try to catch a bad guy. Now she's going to sacrifice her daughter to help Quin.

Also, is airbnb full of crappy garage apartments?
oragator
If I say I wish Quinn had died at the end of last season now, am I going to hell?
Vander
AG
Gap said:

I'd rather a whole season based around Dana Brody than the garbage that has been these 1st two episodes. Just for a brief moment tonight during episode 2, I thought this season could head in a good direction if it turned to them being on the trail of terror recruiting networks in the US, but no. All we are getting is straight rote liberal garbage. And Carrie is a secret advisor of the president elect? Come on. Just stupid. I'm afraid they have killed their series. So sad. Im not planning to watch any longer unless I hear that it has gone in a new direction. I can always catch up if it does.

I saw this coming after last season. I haven't watched a single episode this season and based on the posts here it looks like I made a good decision. TV is slowly becoming another arena for liberals to push their garbage agendas. Sports is now like that too.

Honestly though I hope they double down and go full apologist and make the enemy white men. It guarantees they lose again in 2020.
Al Bula
AG
oragator said:

If I say I wish Quinn had died at the end of last season now, am I going to hell?
no it's ok. Showtime invariably conducted some poll to see if the "crowd" wanted Quinn to live or die and this junkie bullsh t storyline is the result. But you know he will save the girl and that will prop up the hero trope that showtime was going for. Oh you stupid tv viewers we are so gonna fool you.
TXCityAggie
AG
I enjoyed the first couple of episodes and look forward to seeing how the storyline unfolds. Quinn is the only annoying part for me.
ContinentalAg
The second episode is better and gives me hope this season will be another good one.
Candiru
AG
I am hoping for disabled Quin to pull a Verbal Kent-to-Keyser Soze transformation and start kicking ass again.
oh no
AG
ContinentalAg said:

The second episode is better
not really... but sending Saul to Abu Dhabi could be interesting in the next episode.
zgood10
AG
Man, this show really sucks now
oragator
The last 15 minutes tonight gave me hope it might finally turn the corner.
Fairview
AG
Booorrrring
Represent830
AG
Sometimes it's just straight impossible for simple-minded men to leave politics out of absolutely everything. Let it go and just enjoy the show. You snowflakes sound like whiny liberals anyway, crying about your show being infected with PC radicals.

Aaanyway, for those of us that just like to watch the show with non-alt right lenses, it's turning around. Quinn is obviously on to something and needed a quick kick in the junk. Plus he might feel some guilty from Carrie saving him and is going to protect her.

The Dar/Saul thing is interesting but kind of annoying. I always feel like Dar is always trying to screw over Saul... why can't they just work for the same damn team? Did Saul notice the Iranian's cigarettes and are we to assume the Iranians are in cahoots with Mossad? Not in a million damn years.

[CONSERVATIVE TRIGGER WARNING] The scene with the FBI ****** was cool I thought. Shows a good struggle between the lines of freedom/fair speech and protection. [/CONSERVATIVE TRIGGER WARNING]

I'm still a fan. It's slow but it's telling a story first.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.