The OA - Netflix Original

13,631 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by A_Gang_Ag_06
LHIOB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trailer

This comes out of Friday. I had not heard a word about it. With their current track record I think its safe today that I will be giving it a shot.
Rex Racer
AG
Looks interesting. I'll have to check it out.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Looks interesting. I'll definitely be watching.
3rdGen2015
AG
I have a plane ride from Houston to Boston on Friday. I'll be trying out Netflix's new download feature with this (assuming it'll be available for download...)
Sex Panther
AG
Brit Marling is a fantastic actress
Van Buren Boy
AG
Hey, Old man (Hershel)
HustlerAggie
Wondering if it will be good. Looks kind of Stranger Things-like.
Thunder18
AG
Intriguing
Professor Frick
AG
Anyone else watching?!

Got sucked right in, Marling is great and the directing/cinematography so far has been really well done. Only two episodes in, only stopped because it was getting late.

Can't wait to keep binging.

Also, not-really-spoiler from the first episode, never seen a show/movie where the opening credits start 59 minutes in!
jabberwalkie09
AG
I started it last night, but stopped halfway into episode one. Look forward to picking it back up today.
3rdGen2015
AG
I watched the first three episodes on my plane ride last night. I'm in for the first season.
Bunk Moreland
Agman
AG
Watched 1-3 on plane today, good so far.
HustlerAggie
I watched the first 5 episodes (out of eight). Should finish it up in the next day or two.

So far it is like a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. It is excellent so far and covers a lot of areas of human experience such as death and what comes after, and being trapped (literally and figuratively) and trying to escape prisons. So far, it is a little unclear what is actually supernatural and what is just in the heads of the protagonists.

I was still kind of confused as to what was going on after the first episode, but after the second I was hooked. I would recommend watching at least two episodes before deciding whether to continue.

I am highly looking forward to the last three episodes of the season. Hope they are as good as the first 5 episodes.

Padre Island Ag
AG
It's awesome!!!
VanZandt92
3rdGen2015 said:

I have a plane ride from Houston to Boston on Friday. I'll be trying out Netflix's new download feature with this (assuming it'll be available for download...)

Oh yeah. Need to try and clean out my phone memory for the plane flight to Texas.
3rdGen2015
AG
They vary pretty widely in length. From like 30 minutes to an hour 10, download files max at like .5gb IIRC
AR_Ag95
AG
Sex Panther said:

Brit Marling is a fantastic actress

She was also the co-creator and producer....very talented!
captkirk
AG
Just finished it. Worth your time.
3rdGen2015
AG
Just got done with it. I think this is going to be one of those "love it" or "hate it" shows for the majority of people. I thought the storytelling was captivating and I love endings like that. It has some holes that fan theories will eventually explain away and the five movements were ridiculous, but I think I still trend toward "love it" rather than "hate it".
captkirk
AG

Quote:

and the five movements were ridiculous
I thought that was kind of an original idea. I'm in the "love it" camp
3rdGen2015
AG
Yeah, I guess I should rephrase that. The idea of the five movements was really cool but the actual physical movements were ridiculous to me.
AgShaun00
AG
I finished the first 4 episodes. I will finish it out, but this is some crazy stuff.
RoamingGnome
Agree. The actual movements made it difficult to suspend disbelief.

Overall thoughts -- worth your time, but wiffed at the end. The acting and plot were pretty good throughout. The actual physical movements and finale had me rolling my eyes.
BEaggie08
AG
Finished it. Thought it was lame. The movements were lame and to get to the end only to realize that she fabricated the whole thing was a big disappointment. Though I am still slightly curious about what "really" happened to her. Going forward though, I have no idea what's true and what she is just making up. Makes it hard for me to buy-in.
Bunk Moreland
Quote:

Overall thoughts -- worth your time, but wiffed at the end. The acting and plot were pretty good throughout. The actual physical movements and finale had me rolling my eyes.

Was waiting for these to come in. I messed up and read Sepinwall's spoiler article of why he didn't like the show. Had I not have, I would have watched the season, but after reading his thoughts I figured I'd have been pretty annoyed by the end.
3rdGen2015
AG
BEaggie08 said:

Finished it. Thought it was lame. The movements were lame and to get to the end only to realize that she fabricated the whole thing was a big disappointment. Though I am still slightly curious about what "really" happened to her. Going forward though, I have no idea what's true and what she is just making up. Makes it hard for me to buy-in.

I'm not sure it's 100% solid that she made it all up. The FBI guy being there at the same time as French was a little odd.
BEaggie08
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

BEaggie08 said:

I'm not sure it's 100% solid that she made it all up. The FBI guy being there at the same time as French was a little odd.
Yes, that was very strange. I guess I'd watch the first couple of eps of another season to see where it goes, but I wouldn't be in a hurry about it.
wesag
AG
Watched on the plane. Liked it
Teddy Perkins
AG
Finished it last night and while it definitely has some holes (like why the hell didn't Steven get thrown back into military school when his folks found out he was able to escape) I still thought it was interesting and entertaining.
VanZandt92
I'm on 4 and losing interest.
TheVarian
AG
Just finished the season. Very different style of show, but I liked the suspense, and thought it was a very interesting story, but the ending was meh and it became a little mundane at times. Not my favorite. "Liked it" category

They left it pretty wide open for season 2 though... looks like we will be finding out the truth on season 5
fig96
AG
Revival03 said:

Finished it last night and while it definitely has some holes (like why the hell didn't Steven get thrown back into military school when his folks found out he was able to escape) I still thought it was interesting and entertaining.
I guess he gets sent away to school and escapes then

Two eps in and it's interesting, the first seemed a bit haphazard but the way the characters are being brought together is interesting if not kind of unlikely. We'll see how I feel a bit further in.
policywonk98
AG
This looks really good. I will need to watch.

Netflix still has work to do on comedy, but they seem to be greenlighting some really good stuff in this genre.
Sentinel
AG
Agree that it's a "love it" or "hate it" type of show. Throw me in the "love it" category. I love shows that don't spoon feed you every little detail.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.