Man in the High Castle Season 2

9,983 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Dro07
Sentinel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I like to participate in conversations and ask questions before watching every episode. It was released very recently. Give people time to catch up.
Duncan Idaho
I loved the kid leaving at the end. So perfect for the story, the universe and the character. I just hope they follow through with the implication next season.

claym711
AG
Holy ***** What a final 2 episodes!
Sazerac
AG
Finally closed out S2.
I was hesitant after S1 but that was totally worth it
Trident 88
AG
Agreed. Season 1 was lackluster, but season 2 delivered.
If anyone feels like they're having trouble figuring out everything that happened, there are brief commentaries available for each show after the last episode.
Corporal Punishment
AG
cclearman said:

Finally closed out S2.

My thoughts exactly. If not for Kido and John Smith I probably wouldn't bother but those characters are fantastic.
Counterpoint
AG
I thought the consensus on here was that season 1 was awesome! That's the whole reason I started watching the show (I haven't seen season 2 yet).
gomerschlep
AG
Corporal Punishment said:

cclearman said:

Finally closed out S2.

My thoughts exactly. If not for Kido and John Smith I probably wouldn't bother but those characters are fantastic.
+1. or 2 I guess
Kashchei
AG
Wow. Just finished S2. I liked S1, but this one knocked it out of the park! Quickly moving up my list of all time favorite shows.
Sex Panther
AG
Damn that was fantastic. Season 1 was good, but agree with everyone that this season really stepped it up a notch.

John Smith is one of the best characters on television

***** Not going to use spoiler tags *****

Quote:

thanks. I've been dying to ask someone else this:

is the Man in the High Castle God?

also, seeing trudy at the end. i assume that means she came from another reality since the trudy in this one is dead.

I can't say with 100% certainty, but no, I think he is just someone who can "travel" or understands what's going on more so than anyone else. Either he travels and gets the films himself or collects them from people who know how to travel like Shang Tsung. My guess is that he actually travels.

And yeah, I assume Trudy is from another timeline.
Sex Panther
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

Enjoyed S2 so so much more than S1. Did they ever explain how the transport between realities works other than simply "I have powers"? I'm fine with that as an explanation I just wasn't sure if I missed something.

No, and I like it that way. I like how it's subtle and not the focus of the show. They handle it really well.
MrPlow2010
AG
I finished season 2 last night and loved it. This show is so much better than I thought it would be. I love the set designs and stuff from that time period. Seeing Berlin all super built up was really cool.

I also like how there is more than just two realities.

John Smith is a great character and I'd like to know more about when he was in the American army. I also really like Kido as well but my favorite character is the trade minister.
The D
AG
Holy **** that finale !

when the nazis were planning the phases to take out the rest of the world like business as usual was insane
Swarely
Man, that was a great season. Unlike the first season I actually gave a **** about all the characters. Can't wait for season 3.

And I totally called what Thomas was going to do. It just made sense for a boy who has been raised so thouroghly in propaganda. Still, they should at least let him tap the nazi Girl Scout before he dies.
titanmaster_race
Amazing, amazing season. Did anyone else notice the background music? It was an incredible score.
Counterpoint
AG
I wonder what it was like to be the set designer for that Nazi church scene?

"Uhhh yeah, I'm gonna need 500 swastikas, some decorative swastika chandeliers, a giant painting of Hitler, and oh yeah...a giant swastika stained-glass window, thanks."

Big Al 1992
AG
Thanks SP for the link.

Ending of season 2 was very good.
israeliag
AG
Finished it a few weeks ago, and should have posted then, but has there been a better, more believable portrayal of a character going against his morals and beliefs than Chief Inspector Kido?

I agree that the character (and acting) of John Smith is incredible, but Kido takes the cake for me (maybe it's Smith's whole Nazi thing and my whole Israeli thing).

And what a great character growth and arc for Frank.
CharlieBrown17
AG
So I just got into the show and watched both seasons in a few weeks. Holy **** that was awesome.

For about a half second I thought John Smith was about to be sworn in as Fuhrer
cgh1999
AG
First season was interesting, but not "must see". I started watching season 2 after reading some of the early reviews here. The early episodes were good, but still nothing crazy. By mid-season...ho-Lee crap. What a show. Can't wait for season 3.
jeffk
AG
Finished up last night. Great season.

I wish they would have gone a bit more into how Smith got from US Army officer to serving the Nazis.
Stupe
S
israeliag said:

Finished it a few weeks ago, and should have posted then, but has there been a better, more believable portrayal of a character going against his morals and beliefs than Chief Inspector Kido?

Just finished semi-binge watching the whole series over a couple of weeks and I completely agree with you. The way that he flawlessly had Kido going back and forth from ruthless to compassionate was incredible.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
jeffk said:

Finished up last night. Great season.

I wish they would have gone a bit more into how Smith got from US Army officer to serving the Nazis.
That is probably the biggest WTF question I have about the show. I really enjoyed the first season but this second season was simply incredible. The production design, the sets, the vista of Nazi Berlin with Albert Speer's designs realized, wow, amazing work leading to a totally believable world where the Axis powers won.
Rascal
AG
Late to the party but just finished season 2 and started episode 1 of season 3.

Really loving this show! But it is quite mind bending.
mazag08
AG
Rascal said:

Late to the party but just finished season 2 and started episode 1 of season 3.

Really loving this show! But it is quite mind bending.
Just don't watch the very last episode.
KCup17
AG
No joke. That one is a real mind bender.
mazag08
AG
KCup17 said:

No joke. That one is a real mind bender.
I don't want to spoil anything for people who haven't seen season 3. But the entire season was rushed because they made the decision to end the show, but the last episode was like watching a train wreck into a dumpster fire. Such an amazing, creative, and perfectly acted show.. that just gave up on itself at the end because the writers were weak minded and lazy fools.
KCup17
AG
I figured that was the case. I felt it had a quicker pace than the rest of the seasons. Definitely felt that they could have done a better job closing out the series.
Dro07
AG
And kids... that's how I met your mother e
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.