Man in the High Castle Season 2

9,957 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Dro07
AgShaun00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

December 16th.

Summary from IMDB

[Season 2 Premiere December 16, 2016] After giving Joe the film, Juliana is forced to flee the fury of the Resistance while embarking on a new path to save her home from destruction. Joe confronts his absent father in Berlin, who is not as he seems. Smith wrestles with what to do about his ill son. Frank takes a gamble with his life in a bid to save Ed. Tagomi's life is turned upside down by his "travel" to an alternative world.

Trailer

aggielax48
AG
Episodes are up!
aTm2004
AG
Hell yeah! Season 1 was great and we're hoping this season is just as good.
Dr. Horrible
Just in time for the winter break for all the other shows...
Duncan Idaho
I heard the alt-right is having an anti-boycott because they are saying they this show carry the trump presidency in a positive light
SwigAg11
AG
Wife and I are really excited about this!
agnatgas
AG
Love who's playing the Man
agnatgas
AG
Love who's playing the Man
jabberwalkie09
AG
The last two episodes are just... Wow.
AgShaun00
AG
Wow. What an ending and follow up season 2.
Mucho austin
AG
better than season 1.

One thing I do hate though, is watching all episodes in 2 days and having to wait a year.
TexasAggie008
AG
Only 6-7 in but yes much better than 1 (which was still solid)
claym711
AG
Good show. I'm actually finding I like the one per week release schedule than all at once.
gomerschlep
AG
Man, trying to think of a show that had such a strong follow up for season 2. That was fantastic. I hope there is a third.
aggiesq
AG
I agree with all of y'all, season 2 was better than season 1.

Am i the only one who finds it annoying that the lead actress is constantly looking down or bowing her face? in a lot of situations i could see why she did it, but it happened so much it was actually distracting.

really enjoyed the John Smith character. maybe a future season will explore more of his american past.

chipotle
That's good tv.
CAR96
AG
I loved season one & after 5 episodes into season 2, I am confused as to what is really going on.

No spoilers please, it's a great show & I can't just watch one episode a day or week. It usually turns into 2-3 episodes a sit down.
jabberwalkie09
AG
It should become clear in about two or so episodes. If when you finish the season and you're still confused, post up and we may be able to clarify some of it.
zgood10
AG
Smith and Kido are both nails.
aggiesq
AG
is it safe to post spoilers?

Punked Shank
AG
I'm obviously in the minority and I've been trying to like this show. The premise and plot line have such potential but it just drags for me.

What am I missing? I watched all of season 1 and it really didn't do much until the last 2 episodes.
AgShaun00
AG
I was afraid to mention too much, but I think we can post spoilers using the spoiler tages
TexasAggie008
AG
coastsrs said:

I'm obviously in the minority and I've been trying to like this show. The premise and plot line have such potential but it just drags for me.

What am I missing? I watched all of season 1 and it really didn't do much until the last 2 episodes.
Season 1 is much slower than season 2. Watch 2-3 eps of season 2 and see how you feel.
3rdGen2015
AG
I was pretty hesitant to start Season 2 because I didn't particularly like Season 1. I knocked out four episodes on my flight back to Houston and really enjoyed it. It feels like Season 1 was a 10 hour prologue to get the actual story started in Season 2.
CAR96
AG
I finished Season 2, still confused.

I am now watching each episodes behind the scenes where it's being explained and waiting for an 'ahah ' moment.
Sentinel
AG
What parts confuse you?
CAR96
AG
What is the point of all the films?
Sentinel
AG
CAR96 said:

What is the point of all the films?

Don't think that's been answered fully yet.

"Season 2 Spoilers": They're a window into alternate realities. We've seen that some characters can travel between the realities. Hitler had a whole stash of the films. It's possible he could travel, knew someone that could, had a device that could do so, or stole them from someone else.
InspectionAg
AG
aggiesq said:

Am i the only one who finds it annoying that the lead actress is constantly looking down or bowing her face? in a lot of situations i could see why she did it, but it happened so much it was actually distracting.

really enjoyed the John Smith character. maybe a future season will explore more of his american past.

That's a learned behavior from the Pacific States. Whenever she's talking to someone of any rank or power above her, she does that. I noticed that in the alternate reality that she doesn't do it at all.
aggiesq
AG
bkkeim said:

aggiesq said:

That's a learned behavior from the Pacific States. Whenever she's talking to someone of any rank or power above her, she does that. I noticed that in the alternate reality that she doesn't do it at all.
maybe youre right, but she seemed to do it a helluva lot more than anyone else.

how do we post spoilers with the blackout?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Like this but with out the spaces in the brackets: [ sp ]your spoiler text here[ / sp ]
aggiesq
AG
thanks. I've been dying to ask someone else this:

is the Man in the High Castle God?

also, seeing trudy at the end. i assume that means she came from another reality since the trudy in this one is dead.
3rdGen2015
AG
Enjoyed S2 so so much more than S1. Did they ever explain how the transport between realities works other than simply "I have powers"? I'm fine with that as an explanation I just wasn't sure if I missed something.
Sentinel
AG
Might wanna spoiler tag that.
InspectionAg
AG
Why have spoiler tags for a show of which all episodes are released on the same day? Anyone reading this thread should know that spoilers are going to be present.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.