Amanda Shires

1,798 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by saltyoldguy
AgLaw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Summing up Amanda Shires in a couple of sentences is difficult because she wears lots of hats. Kickass fiddle player (starting playing with the Texas Playboys at 15). Unique singing voice (she has the Dolly Parton warble). Americana royalty (wife of Jason Isbell).

She's touring right now in support of her new album My Piece of Land, and I caught her last night in Dallas. You can add show(wo)man and great storyteller to the list. She puts on a great show.

All I had previously seen of her were videos of her playing with Jason Isbell, where she took a back seat to him, so I didn't know what to expect from her. Holy cow. She blew me away with her stage presence. Great energy, great audience interaction, great music. If you like Americana and you haven't seen her, I highly recommend.

thriller03
AG
Great artist.

She spent some time in a band out of Lubbock called the Thriftstore Cowboys. She was always a step above them talent-wise, but they are worth a listen. Very hard Southwestern-alt country sound.

They used to do a killer cover of "Green and Dumb" by Roger Clyne at their shows.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
She's sounds pretty good. Will give her a listen.

Jason Isbell has an uncanny resemblance to Biff from Back To The Future.
AgLaw
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Jason Isbell has an uncanny resemblance to Biff from Back To The Future.
I've also heard Matt Stafford.

saltyoldguy
AG
Saw her at HOB Dallas couple of years ago. Been a fan since. Talented and lovely.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.