Leah Remini - Scientology and the Aftermath

43,438 Views | 266 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Redstone
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Matt... You're glib.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
This is an interesting interview along the lines of this subject.

LHIOB
AG
Leah was on with Joe Rogan. Pretty good stuff.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Did anyone watch the first episode of season 2? I had it on but was kinda just half paying attention. The first thing I noticed was the incredibly expensive house they interviewed the two women at. I need to go back and rewatch it.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Big Cat `93 said:

You all know about this movie, right?

I finally watched this recently.

It was kind of........bland. There were are few good parts to it, but a whole lot of it was just rehashing what we've already seen before (especially in Going Clear).

It was okay, but not not as interesting as other things about Scientology I've seen. In fact, while watching it I was wondering what the point of it was. What new ground was he breaking? Most of this I felt like I'd seen before.
Kate Beckett
AG
This is heartbreaking. Those two women. I wanted to go and hug them.
The Debt
mazzag said:

I kinda want to call the IRS tomorrow and ask them why I owe thousands of dollars but Scientology doesn't

Do you not know what post-tax dollars are?
Beckdiesel03
AG
It was definetly tough to hear them relive all of those horrible things. It really is shocking that they continue to get away with these things.
Iowaggie
AG
For the Leah Remini fans:

She is being reunited with Kevin James in Kevin Can Wait, season 2.

She appeared in 2 shows the previous season, and now they are killing off the first wife (Erinn Hayes), and gradually working Remini back into the show.
AggieDarlin
AG
I almost don't want to share this because the less people who know, the better....but, it's so weird-ass, I have to post (I didn't see mention of it around here, but if I missed it, I'm sure someone will let me know):

There's a scientology network now on directv. I was just scrolling through channels and happened upon it, and it looks like it was launched in March.

All these fake people are so freaky and this all so bizarre.
israeliag
AG
It's been there for years. It's called LHN.
UnderoosAg
AG
AggieDarlin said:

I almost don't want to share this because the less people who know, the better....but, it's so weird-ass, I have to post (I didn't see mention of it around here, but if I missed it, I'm sure someone will let me know):

There's a scientology network now on directv. I was just scrolling through channels and happened upon it, and it looks like it was launched in March.

All these fake people are so freaky and this all so bizarre.

I had commercials for it pop up while watching baseball games on SEC+ on the WarchESPN app. I thought it was a joke at first.
CrottyKid
AG
Let's start a petition to the White House to tax scientology.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
I saw the same adds and purposely turned it on one day and waited for the War Department to wonder what the hell I was watching.
Burdizzo
AG
AGSPORTSFAN07 said:

Seems like Scientology was relatively benign until Miscavige.

Replying to an old post, I know...

For a long time Scientology/Dianetics was a self-help/self-improvement system that largely made its money the same way it does today. They convince you that enlightenment is just on the next book...and the next book...and the next video...and the next therapy session, ad infinitum. They converted to a religion about the time Miscavige took over to get around taxes and certain protections. These people have some shrewd lawyers and con men running the operation.
Big Al 1992
AG

Karma??
Muy
AG
I remember the tv ads for the L. Ron Hubbard book (Dianetics?) as a kid. Dude is a complete psychopath, more than likely a child molester, and definitely an abuser of women. The influence and persuasion abilities of people like him, Jim Jones, and Charles Manson is amazing.
Big Al 1992
AG
After watching the series, weren't these people already sort of quarantined and not allowed to leave the ship anyways?
aTmAg
AG
Why can't their tax free status be revoked? Is that hard to do legally?
Big Al 1992
AG
The responses to this ....gold!

GiveEmHellBill
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

After watching the series, weren't these people already sort of quarantined and not allowed to leave the ship anyways?
True, but before they didn't have limbo contests and a Guy Fieri hamburger place.
BQCadet
AG
Don't wanna derail an old thread, but where is Redstone? I kept waiting for all this crazy evidence to drop about pizza sex slavers and it never came to be. Almost like it was complete hose***** Weird...
Redstone
AG
Uh, I'm right here, when I'm not reading Tony Ortega, Jon Atack, and Russell Miller, and watching The Master.

I know more about Hubbard and his Crowley-inspired Luciferianism than anyone on this board.

If you want my opinions about "Pizzagate," read the 22 pages of the Conspiracy thread on Politics.

Edit: I also read Mike Rinder's blog everyday, and watch all YouTube videos of Aaron Smith-Levin and Ron Miscavige.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.