***DUNE*** (Denis Villeneuve)

217,888 Views | 2442 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bird Poo
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This movie and Once upon a Time in Hollywood had better be incredible. Both of them have pretty amazing talent assembled. My expectations are ridiculously high at this point.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
TCTTS
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BvU3Qlxg2TV
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
are those his harkonnen fighting pit scars?? weak
Quad Dog
AG
schmendeler
AG
I saw that and literally laughed out loud.
Quad Dog
AG
Everyone is in this movie.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/game-of-thrones-language-builder-david-peterson-is-work-1833921344

Quote:

The man who crafted the languages of Essos for HBO's Game of Thrones is heading to Arrakis. Dothraki and Valyrian language builder David J. Peterson is doing language work for Denis Villeneuve's highly-anticipated Dune
PatAg
AG
Looks to be an excellent choice for a lot of the sets
TCTTS
AG
Just FYI, I'm pretty sure this is the same location they filmed a bunch of Star Wars Episode IX scenes as well.
zgood10
AG
TCTTS said:

Just FYI, I'm pretty sure this is the same location they filmed a bunch of Star Wars Episode IX scenes as well.
Also featured in The Martian and that Ridley Scott Exodus movie
TCTTS
AG
Oh, nice.
israeliag
AG
Quote:

Will Dune be two movies?

That's the plan. There's a backstory that was hinted at in some of the books [that we expanded]. Also, when you read the book there's a logical place to stop the movie before the book is over.
CEO confirms Dune will be two movies.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/legendary-ceo-joshua-grode-pitting-pikachu-marvel-1203881
AliasMan02
AG
So, up through Paul's duel with Jamis for the first film?
schmendeler
AG
That's my guess
PatAg
AG
This movie can't come out soon enough
SC2003
AG
Every time a casting decision is announced for this movie, two thoughts have gone through my head, one after the other:

1. That's not who I would have picked.

2. That's perfect and WAY better than who I had in mind.
TCTTS
AG
It's not much, but this is technically the first official piece of "marketing" for the film, from a licensing expo in Las Vegas today...

TCTTS
AG
Wow. Villaneuve directing the pilot for this as well. Warner Bros. looks to be all-in on Dune as a franchise...

https://tvline.com/2019/06/10/dune-the-sisterhood-spinoff-series-order-warnermedia-streaming/
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Herbert is involved with the movie as well...
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Duncan Idaho
C@LAg said:

TCTTS said:

I am just bagging on the books they cowrote. They were... Not that good. and there is a general consensus on that.

Those books sucked.

Just so much explaining **** that should never have been explained, creating bad backstories for things that should have stayed legend and myth.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

C@LAg said:

TCTTS said:

I am just bagging on the books they cowrote. They were... Not that good. and there is a general consensus on that.

Those books sucked.

Just so much explaining **** that should never have been explained, creating bad backstories for things that should have stayed legend and myth.
Like using midichlorians to explain the force...

Why? Just leave it a mystery.
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

You received rave reviews for your performance as Sapper Morton in Blade Runner 2049. Denis Villeneuve clearly agrees since he invited you back for Dune. I know you're joining the production at the end of June, but what's your impression of the Beast, as well as Denis' take on the film, so far?

It's brilliant. For me to sit and read Dune, it's hard. The way I read, it's hard for me to stay focused for that long, but his take on Dune is very true to the books. If you know his style of filmmaking, it's perfect. He was tailor-made to do this. I hope he won't mind that I'm saying this, but when I talked to him about Dune, he said that he really wanted to pay honor to the books. He was such a fan of the books growing up. So people who are fans of the book are just going to love this film. They're actually going to see all these characters brought to life. He's absolutely, without a doubt, the best person to do it.

As you develop the Beast, will you reference the book the most?

That's a conversation I'll have with Denis. I'm not married to any idea of who the Beast is yet. The reason I haven't done this is because when I auditioned for Sapper, I did it one way; I thought it was great, because Denis loved it. He said, "You got the job; I love this." When I got to set and started performing Sapper the way I auditioned for it, he said, "No, no, this is who Sapper is," and he gave me a completely different outlook on who Sapper was. So, I don't want to wrap my head around my idea of who the Beast is before I get there. I just know Denis is going to tell me that he is someone else. (Laughs.) So, I will follow his direction.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/why-dave-bautista-risked-his-career-defend-james-gunn-1220219
PatAg
AG
Interesting couple answers
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Pretty sure the Beast, is a beast.
Max Power
AG
I remember when the news about Gunn came out, and he definitely seemed to be the loudest, if not only supporter of his. I like that he was loyal to a fault, career be damned, had his back. It was easy for people to turn their backs, claim outrage, or say nothing at all.

I also love how Drax has evolved.

"I've mastered the ability of moving so incredibly slow that my movements are imperceptible. I'm practically invisible."
Duncan Idaho
I would like to do acid with Bautista.
oragator
Rebecca ferguson is in it, so I will watch.
TCTTS
AG

https://theplaylist.net/hans-zimmer-dune-christopher-nolan-20190716/
Duncan Idaho
oragator said:

Rebecca ferguson is in it, so I will watch.

She is a reasonably attractive young woman.
TCTTS
AG
I had a feeling this was going to happen. Dune moves from November 20, 2020 to December 18, 2020. Once Avatar 2 moved back a year, another big name was eventually going to take over that prime, pre-Christmas weekend. Dune was always the logical choice. Yes, the wait is a month longer now, but I still think we get the first trailer with Star Wars in December...

https://deadline.com/2019/08/dune-baz-luhrmann-elvis-presley-movie-release-dates-1202660346/
TexAgBolter
AG
When are we getting a trailer? Star Wars?
Chipotlemonger
AG
For some stupid reason this keeps getting taken off of my watch list! I'm really wanting to keep up to date on it though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.