*****The Grand Tour - Season 1*****

5,308 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by hatchback
bthotugigem05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What did everyone think? That intro scene may be one of my favorite scenes ever. Studio bits were a bit contrived but man it's good to see that they still have it.
Ham Slice MRE
AG
Great to see the three back on TV. I enjoyed it more than I expected bc I figured they would have to make it so different from TG...it's basically the same show. I can't wait for more and can't believe I watched more than one episode of the piece of crap TG with the new hosts.
who?mikejones
AG
I thought it wasn't out till tomorrow!
07ag
AG
intro was great,, rest of show was just ok. too many "no-we're-definitely-not-top-gear" moments
'03ag
who?mikejones said:

I thought it wasn't out till tomorrow!
12:01am on the 18th in London is 6:01pm central on the 17th here.

I liked it. The studio bits were awkward at times but they'll shake it out. Everything else was just what we've come to expect.
FTAco07
AG
As expected the camera work and 4K broadcast are awesome. Amazon is spending so much money on this show. I would love to see an estimate of their revenue expectations for picking this up to know just how much of a loss leader they think this will be to really jump start their original programming business and sell Prime subscriptions.
94DallasAG
AG
Very cool that the opened at Burning Man.

Glad to see the guys back and I hope this go on a long run with Amazon.
Kashchei
AG
I agree that the studio bits seemed to be a bit rehearsed and stilted. I have no doubt they will hit their stride though. Loved the hypercars, but we all know they shine the best when they test out clunkers.
aggiepublius
AG
Pretty good pilot episode. Especially considering that they left so many of the production team back at TG.

Agree about the studio bits - only bit I thought worked of the studio segments was ripping May about his speeding ticket. I am hoping moving past the "this-show-is-not-going-to-exactly-like-the-old-one" bits in future episodes helps things. Of course, there were bits of TG that fell flat at times as well - never was a huge "Star in a..."

I really hope the road trip episodes are up to their previous efforts.
bthotugigem05
AG
I think there are some reoccurring jokes that will end up being hilarious at some point: the drone getting shot down and the horrible lead ins for Conversation Street and Celebrity Death Whatever
who?mikejones
AG
Really enjoyed the first show. And, I've never been drawn to the shows where all they do is test supercars on a track. This episode really seems like it was a set up for the rest of the season. I mean, 10 minutes was dedicated to introducing their new track.

The tent scenes did seem rehearsed but all the old top gears were the same way. These guys aren't great actors. And who could really pay attention anyway. The person over Clarksons left should was too distracting.

I'm just happy because these guys are back. I'm excited because their chemistry is natural and it shows.
ham98
the boys are back!
jabberwalkie09
AG
That was pretty damn great.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I liked it. I actually thought the studio scenes and scripted stuff wasn't as bad as I expected. I figured it would be terribly overproduced and hokey with all the time they had to think about it, rather than keep it simple and go with their gut. Glad they didn't overthink it too much.
p_bubel
94DallasAG
AG
I wonder if they go through with knocking Jeremy's house down.

I mean, it is Top Gear (albeit a new name) and they've they've done crazier things.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Yes, it was reported back in September when his neighbors got a letter the day before of the demolition and that they were filming.
p_bubel
Diddly Squat Farm

There are maybe some spoilers for a future episode in there, so I didn't quote anything.
EMY92
AG
I was happy that the cinematography matched that of Top Gear on BBC. I loved the old show and was hoping that the GT wouldn't fall short in production, but they didn't.
Max Power
AG
Also glad to see it looks like all of Top Gear is on Amazon prime as well.
Philip J Fry
AG
Enjoyed it with the exception of the studio stuff. The scenes with the audience were pretty awful.
Post removed:
by user
who?mikejones
AG
I only remember them saying **** (poop) a couple of times
Icecream_Ag
S
who?mikejones said:

I only remember them saying **** (poop) a couple of times
they had some bleeps when driving the McLaren, but pretty sure they caught everything
texasaggie04
AG
I enjoyed the Nascar guy. He was pretty funny.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Episode 2 trailer. Looks like fun!

redbaron788
AG
He's sure to miss eventually!
Much improved this week, they seemed to really settle in to the studio crowd and the challenge was great if a little car light. Still not really sold on the American driver, but man that Vulcan is something else
Kashchei
AG
Now THAT was an episode! Much better than last week plus several LOL moments. Very impressed!
MW03
AG
Just watched Ep1, and I'm all in like it was just a new season of Top Gear. Loved it, and the fact that it's in glorious 4K.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Next episode trailer.

Say goodbye to Clarkson's house!
redbaron788
AG
The welcome banner! I almost missed it
bthotugigem05
AG
Clarkson wearing heels in the conversation street intro was funny, looks like that'll be a recurring joke.
Max Power
AG
Three for three so far, loving it. I do love they are basically cramming in something American in every episode even to make fun of it. Their test driver being from NASCAR, driving a Hellcat around Italy, all in good fun.
FTAco07
AG
Didn't love episode 2, but episode 3 was greatness.
aTm2004
AG
Watching episode 2 right now..."Hey! Get back in the car you ****ing idiot!"
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.