Aladdin live-action remake, directed by Guy Ritchie

51,984 Views | 362 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Fat Bib Fortuna
hph6203
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Carpet doesn't talk.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
BQCadet
AG
I'll see this for Jasmine alone. Goodness she is gorgeous
The Collective
AG
Yea, the latest clip does nothing for me.
FaceMask
hph6203 said:

Gonna be real hard for that dude to pull off Aladdin's charm, real hard for Will Smith to be as entertaining as Williams, and really hard for them to make carpet a viable character. That works in cartoons, but I can't see it working live action.

Somehow Dr. Strange and Infinity War made Strange's Cape viable. But this is Guy Ritchie we are talking about. He should've called it quit after Snatch.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
BQCadet said:

I'll see this for Jasmine alone. Goodness she is gorgeous
Gotta agree with you on that statement.

This was Jasmine in 2013 with my daughter and our adopted cousin at Walt Disney World. We are all going again this Thanksgiving - the cousin will be a senior in high school and my daughter will be in 8th grade. Gonna try to recreate pictures that we've taken in our previous trips.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Why are't you guys using spoiler tags for this unreleased film?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jokershady
AG
Holy balls Will Smith simply doesn't age.....
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Black don't crack
The Collective
AG
jokershady said:

Holy balls Will Smith simply doesn't age.....

Aliens shared the secret.
Olsen
AG

BusterAg
AG
Wtf Guy. This sucks.

Where is rocknrolla 2?
Olsen
AG
Olsen
AG

Olsen
AG

Noblemen06
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Peabo did it better.
Noblemen06
AG
Then again, everything about this looks like it'll be outclassed by the original.
Olsen
AG

Olsen
AG
jr15aggie
AG
If the cast is wrong it doesn't work. The Jafar role is the most glaringly terrible, but it's not the only one.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
There's something about this whole movie that bothers me that I just can't put my finger on.

I think that maybe the movie just looks too.............clean? Too fake-looking to feel real?

It looks like a movie adaptation of a Broadway production of Aladdin. Or at worst a movie adaptation of a Disney theme park production of Aladdin.

Like....it's Disney, sure. But a homogenized version of it.

I don't know. The movie might be really good. No one in my family is enthused about it, though. We're all going to Disneyworld in two weeks (humble brag), so maybe when we'll see it before then to get in the Disney mood or wait till we get back while we still have that Disney glow.
p-townag
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

There's something about this whole movie that bothers me that I just can't put my finger on.

I think that maybe the movie just looks too.............clean? Too fake-looking to feel real?

It looks like a movie adaptation of a Broadway production of Aladdin. Or at worst a movie adaptation of a Disney theme park production of Aladdin.

Like....it's Disney, sure. But a homogenized version of it.

I don't know. The movie might be really good. No one in my family is enthused about it, though. We're all going to Disneyworld in two weeks (humble brag), so maybe when we'll see it before then to get in the Disney mood or wait till we get back while we still have that Disney glow.

I think it's a disturbing trend in movies in general. Movies are so reliant on the tools afforded by CGI that so many are clearly products of partially constructed set pieces and filled in with green screen.

It's why, in my opinion, BvS and Justice League instantly looked like trash. There was no real world grounding. I never once believed the characters were actually in the places they were supposed to be in. It's like I'm watching a well-edited video of actors on sets. It's also why something like Game of Thrones really appeals to people. It's dirty, it's grimy, it's on location. Green screens are only used when necessary.

Finally, I think the camera and image quality plays a role, too. The resolution is so good and vivid that the eye is no longer fooled as easily with sets built within studios, especially if they're supposed to be outdoor. It's become so bad for me that if I can tell most of the movie is shot on green screen or outdoor sets being built within a giant hanger, I have zero desire to see it.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

We're all going to Disneyworld in two weeks (humble brag)
That's not so humble. We are going Thanksgiving week, staying at Art of Animation in one of the Finding Nemo suites ... and I don't think I am ever going to tell my wife what the trip is actually going to cost.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Quote:

That's not so humble. We are going Thanksgiving week, staying at Art of Animation in one of the Finding Nemo suites ... and I don't think I am ever going to tell my wife what the trip is actually going to cost.
Good luck getting into Galaxy's Edge. You may be able to get in line at rope drop and ride one ride before the park closes.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Quote:

Good luck getting into Galaxy's Edge. You may be able to get in line at rope drop and ride one ride before the park closes.
While we are all very much looking forward to Star Wars Land, perhaps with everyone mauling that will open up (by Disney standards) other areas, like Toy Story Land. Still, we definitely plan to get into Galaxy's Edge and hope to ride something.
The Collective
AG
I'll just wait to stream this one.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Quote:

While we are all very much looking forward to Star Wars Land, perhaps with everyone mauling that will open up (by Disney standards) other areas, like Toy Story Land. Still, we definitely plan to get into Galaxy's Edge and hope to ride something.

Staying at their resort will allow you to book your fast-passes 60 days in advance I believe (maybe 90? I forget, my always messed with those). That's a full 30 days before the casual park-goer will be able to reserve theirs. Take advantage of that. And I'm not joking when I say jump online at midnight the day you're allowed to book them, because other people are doing that, and the fast-passes will be booked up by the time you wake up at 6 a.m. Good luck.

Beyond that, take advantage of being able to get in the park before the average day visitors are allowed in and go to the hottest rides first off the bat.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Quote:

Staying at their resort will allow you to book your fast-passes 60 days in advance I believe (maybe 90? I forget, my always messed with those). That's a full 30 days before the casual park-goer will be able to reserve theirs. Take advantage of that. And I'm not joking when I say jump online at midnight the day you're allowed to book them, because other people are doing that, and the fast-passes will be booked up by the time you wake up at 6 a.m. Good luck.

Beyond that, take advantage of being able to get in the park before the average day visitors are allowed in and go to the hottest rides first off the bat.
All great suggestions. I'm experienced in how to get the most out of WDW but others who have not been and want to go, take heed of all of these tips.

We always stay in Disney properties for the fun that the cleaning ladies have made for our girls in the past* and for the extended hours in the parks that only Disney resort guests get. *Our first trip, we took a bunch of princess barbies unbeknownst to our girls, and each evening when we returned to the resort, the cleaning ladies would have a couple of dolls out in various poses, often with the towels folded to look like a Disney character - and we told the girls that it was Minnie Mouse who was coming in to our room and leaving all these dolls. No dolls this trip, as one will be a senior in high school and the other in 8th grade, but we have told them that we are going to torture them with the prospect of recreating some photos from our earlier trips, although I have not decided if I want to go all the way with that and have them wear some princess dress and go meet princesses for additional pictures (they thought that was great 10 years ago but now, probably not so much)
The Collective
AG
You can start booking fast passes 60 days out from your check-in day. If Star Wars is your goal, check for Hollywood Studios fast passes starting with the last day you plan on visiting parks. That way there are not as many people jumping on trying to book that day when you are (many people just start with day 1 and work their way forward).

*going for a TCTTS style post with a ton of edits
Olsen
AG
Olsen
AG
Bruce Almighty
AG
The more that's released from this movie, the worse it gets. Disney may have its biggest dud in a while. Does anyone actually want to see this?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Here.

But sadly I agree on the more I see, the less excited I get.

Really hoping at least for decent.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

The more that's released from this movie, the worse it gets. Disney may have its biggest dud in a while. Does anyone actually want to see this?
My 7 year olds do. Not sure the average TexAgger is in DIsney's target market for this.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.