***The Flash Season 3***

20,828 Views | 271 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Drawkcab
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Season 3 kicks off Tuesday, 10/4/16.

Things we know:
-Flashbpoint will be in this season, but not the whole season.
-Promo images for the second episode (which can be found readily, but I'll spoiler tag) show that Jay Garrick is going to be in the episode.
-There will be a huge crossover this season between the four shows, and coincides with Arrow's 100th episode which will also have Deathstroke in it.
Texas Ag 15
3rdGen2015
AG
I'm excited to see how they do Flashpoint. That was a fun movie to watch.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Bumping the thread for Superhero Fight Club 2.0.

3rdGen2015
AG
Tonight is the night! To celebrate, here is The Flash's Honest Trailer.

MrPlow2010
AG
that was awesome. thanks for posting it.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Hmmm

So flashpoing lasted all of.... an episode. Now we deal with the fallout from it for God knows how long.

Good premier though.
AgLiving06
jabberwalkie09 said:

Hmmm

So flashpoing lasted all of.... an episode. Now we deal with the fallout from it for God knows how long.

Good premier though.

I know. But they've already done this story line before so it was silly in the first place.

I'm wondering if it's truly done or they will adapt it to deal with the fall out.
Texas Ag 15
AG
I remember the writers saying in some interview that there will be lasting consequences to the Flashpoint universe. I would expect that this would continue for some time
Red Five
AG
I really don't like time travel. I thought the premier was pretty good, but I'm not very happy with the changes they made to the universe.
AgMarauder04
AG
We are going to be playing with the repercussions, I'm sure far beyond Iris and her dad, for awhile.

I wonder if Cicsco will know both timelines?
chipotle
AgShaun00
AG
way too much changing to keep up.
PooDoo
AG
Meh
chipotle
God Barry is almost as ******ed as Oliver Queen.
redline248
AG
watchlist
3rdGen2015
AG
So when is Barry going to have some honest to goodness character growth? The way they're writing him it always seems like one step forwards, two steps back. The person that Barry was coming out of the Speedforce towards the end of last season is not the one he is now. When is he going to learn that just because he can change things doesn't mean that he should?

I have a bad feeling about this season after that premiere. Hopefully it doesn't get to the point of Arrow where I just straight stopped watching it, because I really do like the cast of this show but the writers need to get it together.
Red Five
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

When is he going to learn that just because he can change things doesn't mean that he should?
I would argue that the point of episode 1 was him figuring out exactly that. Consider what he had to do to put things back. Now granted, things are still messed up and maybe he tries to fix that, but I feel like all of that episode was him figuring out that you can't change the past.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
I think the main difference this time is that it wasn't Barry who changed the timeline. Not sure if he'll be able to find out what exactly Thawne changed before his memory starts erasing itself.
redline248
AG
Barry is really stupid. Every three episodes he's as cocky as ever and makes the same stupid mistakes.
AgLiving06
mickeyrig06sq3 said:

I think the main difference this time is that it wasn't Barry who changed the timeline. Not sure if he'll be able to find out what exactly Thawne changed before his memory starts erasing itself.

But if Thawne changed the timeline, wouldn't that lead to Thawne losing his memory/abilities?
Red Five
AG
I think anyone connected to the speed force will lose their memories if they are living in an altered timeline. Thawne said the only reason he wasn't losing his memories before is because Barry kept him in the glass cage that prevented him from accessing the speed force.
chipotle
So the timeline barry was living in at the start of Flashpoint was the original timeline. Thawne traveling back and killing barry's mom created an alternate timeline barry was living in and comic'ing it up merrily. Then the end of last season barry decided to fix things which was probably the right thing to do. After living in the correct timeline and starting to lose his memory of the altered timeline he decides to change it back to the altered timeline? Do I have this correct?

redline248
AG
From our perspective, the original timeline is the one in which Barry first became the Flash. Then he tried to stop a tidal wave, went back in time and that became the *new* original timeline. (Didn't he then jump timelines another time and change something?)

So then he goes back to save his mom and creates the flashpoint timeline, in which he would have lost the ability to be, or even remember that he ever was, the Flash.

There has to be a "timeline zero" that exists with Barry becoming the Flash without his mom dying first...b/c how could there ever have been a Thawne to hate Barry/Flash so much to want to go back and kill his mom in the first place?
redline248
AG
So now, as Barry points out, we are in timeline #3. Can't believe Malfoy is in this show.
Red Five
AG
Holy crap I didn't even catch that.

I'm ok with them being in this new timeline for the most part, since everyone knows what happened now, but I don't like that it apparently messed with Arrow now. Changing John's daughter into a son bothers me.

edit: Because I assume that Arrow is now taking place in this universe, unless we now have different timelines between the shows which is just, ugh.
redline248
AG
I thought about that, too. Maybe they won't exist in the same timeline anymore. For that matter, who knows how much that other stupid show has changed things (legends of tomorrow - which I don't watch).
Red Five
AG
Maybe they will exist in different timelines until some kind of midseason crossover with Legends and Supergirl where they put everything back. Except that now Barry is building a life again in this new timeline and that would reset all those relationships again. Ugh. ****ing time travel.
redline248
AG
Quote:

Ugh. ****ing time travel.
Exactly
jabberwalkie09
AG
Red Five said:

Holy crap I didn't even catch that.

I'm ok with them being in this new timeline for the most part, since everyone knows what happened now, but I don't like that it apparently messed with Arrow now. Changing John's daughter into a son bothers me.

edit: Because I assume that Arrow is now taking place in this universe, unless we now have different timelines between the shows which is just, ugh.
It lines up with Legends of Tomorrow's sequence to a degree when they went to 2046 in the first season and met Connor Hawke, AKA John Diggle Jr.

Flashpoint allowed them to change Sara Diggle to John Diggle Jr. without Diggle having to have another child.

AFAIK, they're all in the same shared universe but Legends of Tomorrow seems to occur somewhat outside of the timeline of the three due to them traveling through different time periods rather than them living through the one. The difference is that The Flash opened up the multiverse window, and are interacting with other Earths that are slightly different so Supergirl is going to be relatively unaffected in that regard.
redline248
AG
Speaking of other Earths...how did old Flash pull Barry out of the speedforce into, what I assume, was his Earth's 1998? Or did old Flash travel to Barry's Earth and pull him out in 1998?

Or did Old Flash never go back to where ever he came from?
Red Five
AG
I was so confused by that sequence. So Jay Garrick-post being rescued from Zoom in S2-was told by Harry about Barry changing the timelines and was watching him through the speed force? If that's the case, how did he pull Barry out into Earth 2 in 1998 instead of 2016? That made no sense to me. I guess maybe he just intercepted him as Barry was on his way back and it just happened to be 1998?

And if Jay is Henry Allen's doppelganger, then who is Barry's E2 dad? Does he also look like Jay?
jabberwalkie09
AG
It was my understanding that what allows speedsters to travel between worlds is the speedforce which I understood as spanning across the multiverse. As such, Jay can go back and forth through time and different Earths.

Though, it was my understanding that they sealed all the breaches last season so how Jesse and Harry will show up next episode has me scratching my head.
AgMarauder04
AG
Last season. Barry went to a different earth and met Supergirl, so they can clearly go between earths too.

I really hope we stop messing with time travel.
3rdGen2015
AG
So getting out of all the timey-wimey stuff, Draco is totally Dr Alchemy right?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.