***Agents of SHIELD Season 4***

47,920 Views | 450 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Line Ate Member
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lets get this kicked off. Quake is on her own, and Colson is not director (or May for that matter).
R0GUE
AG
I had a glitch in my cable. What did the dude in the hospital say when Quake said "you're going to have to give me more" or whatever?
jabberwalkie09
AG
I missed what he said too. I'm going to watch it again later.
AgTrip
Ghost Rider driving a car? C'mon
R0GUE
AG
quote:

It's based on a character from the comics.

I liked it. Five minutes of that Ghost Rider are already infinitely better than what we've seen out of two movies from Nicholas Cage.
YellowPot_97
AG
it's back!

wonder who the new director is
jabberwalkie09
AG
For some reason I think they blew a big part of the effects budget in the premier on not only him, but everything surrounding his character.

Decent premier, lots of questions and story threads to go on. Radcliffe is back, so I'm expecting some witty quips.
TajMaballer
AG
Fitz has been one of my favorite characters since the beginning of the show, but Mac is creeping on him. Hope to see more YoYo as well.

Also, All-New Ghost Rider (the comic which Robbie Reyes is based on) has some issues on sale on Comixology.

redline248
AG
Will the director be someone we've seen on the show before or a brand new character?

What is up with the poltergeist in the box?
Andyzipp
AG
quote:

This is the Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider, not Johnny Blaze.

Although I'm wondering how close they're going to follow the Reyes storyline.
wangus12
AG
They'll probably bleed the storylines together
Andyzipp
AG
quote:
They'll probably bleed the storylines together

I did notice that his trunk wasn't an inter dimensional portal. I'm not holding out hope for the full Eli storyline though.
Stupe
S
That was a great start to the season!
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Will the director be someone we've seen on the show before or a brand new character?

What is up with the poltergeist in the box?

Considering they haven't promoted the name of the character, I have a feeling it will be a named character. We already know he is being played by Jason Omara.

Have no idea about the box. I think we are going off the reservation interms of enhanced and normal humans being the norm on the show. Which I think is a good thing.
R0GUE
AG
I'm going to take a wild guess that the new director is Henry Gyrich. He would fit the bureaucratic government mold that Civil War established with Martin Freeman as Everett Ross.
jabberwalkie09
AG
All of that makes you wonder if they're going to bring SHIELD back into the fold full force for Infinity War.

The MCU has really tried to not mention anything relating to SHIELD still being active or anything AOS related really.
israeliag
AG
Marvel is starting to venture into mystical and occult, and I'm liking it:

Undead ninjas in DD
Dr Strange
Agents with Ghost in a box, Ghost Rider
Iron Fist or whatever that's going to entail

Liking where this is going. And liking the added darkness that this can take things (and the violence that the Ghost Rider character brings).

Any chance they could be setting up overlap between Netflix and ABC shows?
Red Five
AG
I would have preferred Johnny Blaze, but I thought this Ghost Rider was pretty good. I actually like the special effects and thought his head looked way better than that stupid promo shot.

Overall I thought the episode was decent, it was obviously setting up a lot of stuff. I did like how they split the team apart and showed how its effecting them. Coulson and Mac on their own, essentially. May has some special strike force thats a separate detail. Fitz going from being the man to (it seemed) just another scientist and being overshadowed by other people. Gemma being distrusted for being the highest ranking of the old crew while in her mind she's just trying to protect them all.

I'll be honest though, I dont understand what the hell Daisy is doing. Her emotional journey from the last season to now doesnt make a lot of sense to me. Begging for death from Ghost Rider? What is that about? Is she that broken up about Lincoln dying? Because they did a really crappy job in season 3 establishing their relationship if that is supposed to be the case.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I think Daisy feels responsible for a lot of things Hive related, Lincoln among them. Probably also using the Tahiti tech on her father, even though that arguably was for the better.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
I think Daisy feels responsible for a lot of things Hive related, Lincoln among them. Probably also using the Tahiti tech on her father, even though that arguably was for the better.
She also made a comment to Yo Yo that she didn't want anybody close to her anymore, because they might get hurt because of her. So obviously that's a reference to Lincoln. But you could also include Tripp, her dad, and even Lash in that group.

Plus keep in mind how much Hive effed with her, how he essentially mind raped her ala Jessica Jones, and you could see why she would be pretty broken.
TajMaballer
AG
She was a junkie. In the finale last season, she wanted to go back to Hive and when she couldn't, then she started freaking out. She is a recovering drug addict ala Willow in Buffy.

She might be having withdrawals and is at an all time low like others have said thinking about Lincoln, Hive, Ward, Trip, etc.
AliasMan02
AG
Thought the opener was solid. The Rider looked and played much better than I expected.
Stupe
S
I agree.

I like that although they are using the Reyes character, they went with the old school flaming head.

I also like the the "what the heck am I barely seeing?" opening glimpse at the beginning and then "OH-CRAP-THAT-DUDE-IS-ON-FIRE" look on Daisy's face at the end.
Vander
AG
I really hope they show just how powerful Ghost Rider is in comparison to just about everyone. He's a being that made even Galactus cower down and is one of the most powerful characters in Marvel. That is, Ghost Rider should be at least a Thor/Hulk level of power. No one in AoS should really be much of a threat to him.
chipotle
Loved the Ghost Rider episode. Daisy and the rest of AoS need to be like, "maybe we should just leave this guy be.k?"
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
I really hope they show just how powerful Ghost Rider is in comparison to just about everyone. He's a being that made even Galactus cower down and is one of the most powerful characters in Marvel. That is, Ghost Rider should be at least a Thor/Hulk level of power. No one in AoS should really be much of a threat to him.
Tough to pick out the one depiction of GR and hold them to that. His power level, like almost all characters, varies WILDLY with plot and writer.
Sex Panther
AG
I want this Ghost Rider:

TexasAggie_02
jabberwalkie09
AG
The new director's first name is Jeffrey, as in possibly Jeffrey Mace. And, apparently in a new clip besides the name SHIELD may be going public again.
3rdGen2015
AG
Use "sp" not "spoiler"
jabberwalkie09
AG
Thanks. Too many different forums, too many different forum code usage.....
Stupe
S
I'm not sure why spoiler tags are getting used. It's a thread about the current episode for the week. If you don't want to see a spoiler, don't open the thread.
benMath08
AG
Unless I missed something, the director wasn't named in the episode.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Because the new Director who we know is being played by Jason O'Mara (been in a few articles) but hasn't officially been named in an article but his first name was in a clip for this week's episode, and won't be in until tonight's episode. I tagged it as a spoiler as a courtesy for people who might want to wait until tonight to find out the name during the episode itself.

I personally wouldn't care, but having watched the Star Wars general discussion thread, some people get a little touchy about that kind of stuff as they want to wait until they actually see the movie or film to find out.
israeliag
AG
Using spoiler tags for info gleaned from articles, commercials, and comics but has not been shown in the show makes much sense.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.