***Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X

32,723 Views | 292 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by LHIOB
zap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/photos/1006780/survivor-season-33-meet-the-cast-of-millennials-vs-gen-x/

Starts Wednesday, September 21st

quote:
After 32 seasons, Survivor is back with a brand-new theme that's sure to up the ante for the latest crop of castaways: this fall, the competition will be played between Millennials (which is considered anyone born between the early 1980s through 2000) and Gen X-ers (the generation born in between the early 1960s through the early 1980s.)

Philo B 93
AKA Survivor: Specifically Targeting the Purchasing Demographic Requested By Our Advertisers.
MaroonStain
AG
Last one to copulate with the teal centerpiece wins
Saxsoon
AG
Well one of them will have a significant advantage with those floatation devices
Southlake
I guess they selected the most annoying people on the planet...Otherwise known as Big Brother on an island.
tamu80
AG
At least they are all new people and not celebrities or third time around previous contestants.
aggietoolman
AG
quote:
I guess they selected the most annoying people on the planet...Otherwise known as Big Brother on an island.
I had checked out the cast videos last week and thought the same thing. This looks like probably one of the most unlikable casts that Survivor has had in a while. It does look like a Big Brother cast...
HTownAg98
Usually when it's going to be a good season, Probst pimps the hell out of it. He's been very quiet this summer.
zap
AG
I assume we are playing Fantasy Survivor again?
tx1c
AG
I'll bump this since it starts tonight.
gambochaman
AG
Figgy....omg
MooreTrucker
AG
I already hate Taylor and his bro. Tayls? Really???

If I was a millennial, I'd be insulted right now.

David is a puss.

Rachel is just annoying.

Old dude talked way too much on the mat at the beginning.

Lawyer and Boston dude seem solid.

Figgy is smokin'.

The woman with the eye problem seems solid too unless the eye thing gets her pulled.

I kinda like Hawaiian shirt dude. He seems way older than he is.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Last one to copulate with the teal centerpiece wins
Oh well.....
Gramercy Riffs
AG
There doesn't seem to be a single alpha male on the entire show this time around. I guess the redhead is as close as it gets. And while I figured they would get the most annoying millennials to play into stereotypes, they got the weakest Gen-Xers too. Not sure if I'll stick with this season for long.
zap
AG
I like how the Millenials are already banding against the "cool kids."

Who has the medical emergency next week? The doctor says its a male, so I am guessing Paul or Chris.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
There doesn't seem to be a single alpha male on the entire show this time around. I guess the redhead is as close as it gets. And while I figured they would get the most annoying millennials to play into stereotypes, they got the weakest Gen-Xers too. Not sure if I'll stick with this season for long.
For Gen-X, I thought lawyer and Boston guy were falling into that alpha role. Muscle guy tried to but wasn't successful.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Dude

Bro

Whaaa?

Huh huh huh

Tri-power

Totally

We're cool

All I have to say is I hope those glamour idiots hook up quick so the other goofball millenials that aren't the clique vote their asses out along with Tails. I don't watch Big Brother for a reason and now it's here.
gambochaman
AG
yeah i am in agreement...these idiots are going to get really annoying really fast unless something changes

but please keep figgy for a while
zap
AG
TRI-FORCE
LHIOB
AG
I guess I never considered someone born in the 60s to be a Gen-Xer

Figgy is crazy hot
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:
quote:
For Gen-X, I thought lawyer and Boston guy were falling into that alpha role. Muscle guy tried to but wasn't successful.
I think the lawyer is the best they've got. The Boston guy is soft.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
I also don't get all the love for Figgy. She's certainly not ugly, but I don't think she's incredibly attractive either. She seems pretty normal to me. Cheers for differing opinions, but I have to admit those comments surprised me.
MooreTrucker
AG

None of them are drop-dead gorgeous, but she's the cutest of the bunch IMO. Love that smile.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
I'll go with cutest of the bunch. No argument there.

(edit: with the understanding that it's one of the weakest Survivor bunches in recent memory)
kpaggie05
AG
This theme is already annoying. I struggled to find many people I liked this season. I was entertained by Zeke - so hopefully he stays awhile to keep things interesting. I'm glad they voted out Rachel - but David was SO annoying. I thought the gamer, Mari seemed interesting - and I liked Jessica as well. Hopefully her eyes don't get her pulled from the game.

Also, how do they have a high school student in the game?? That is crazy!
LHIOB
AG
In an interview Jeff said that Will got permission and just left school. Good for him. Once in a life time opportunity.

Its always funny to me when people come out and say they can do puzzles. Its a one way ticket home. The smart play is to sit back and then jump in later. Losing the first comp isn't a bad thing. Sometimes its better to cut dead weight early.

Hanna is a writer at The Upright Citizens Brigade. Not sure why they list her as a barista.

And David the writer wrote for Family Guy.
gravy97
AG
"(edit: with the understanding that it's one of the weakest Survivor bunches in recent memory"

You have to allow time for the dirty island hot factor to come into play
Rudyjax
AG
I'm out on the game this year.
zap
AG
Survivor Gets Older, but Jeff Probst Stays the Same Age
OldCamp
Where did they evacuate to during the storm? The waves were already looking pretty big for a long trip on the water unless it was all Hollywood
CheeseSndwch
Kind of surprised that a season premiere with a cast evacuation would be so boring. Not a good sign for the rest of the season.
MW03
AG
My 'ceps, brah
LHIOB
AG
On RHAP they said they were taken to a blank, white room and seperated by tribe. No furniture or anything. And they couldnt talk or play the game while off the island.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
quote:
And David the writer wrote for Family Guy.

So David's nickname needs to be Manatee.
txaggiefarmer05
AG
sorry, i'm behind. do we still want to play the game this year?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.