**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

367,401 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Rex Racer
COOL LASER FALCON
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wasn't everything else in Bran's vision in the past though? And didn't we hear of a previous king who was obsessed with Wildfire?
easttexasaggie04
AG
I was hoping to see The Mountain finish off all those Faith Militants Mortal Kombat style. At least we got to see one Finishing Move.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
First thing I said in that scene. Fatality.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
Refresh my memory....

What was the rumor Cersei asked Frankenmaester to investigate?

My guess is that it's about the High Sparrow's background.
Rudyjax
AG
No but how it was done and did anyone really think Hodor meant Hold the Door?
Quinn
AG
quote:
Wasn't everything else in Bran's vision in the past though? And didn't we hear of a previous king who was obsessed with Wildfire?
Some people are speculating that he saw the future, too. But circling back to the original question, no, we do not actually know what she was asking him about.
FbgTxAg
AG
Remember the witch when Cersei was young predicted all of her children would die.

I think she kills Tommen. Who would be next in the line of succession?
combat wombat™
AG
By the way, Tommen is a pliant little twerp. I am surprised he isn't able to discern that he's being manipulated... by basically everyone. They really should have paid a little bit more attention to "the spare's" education.
92Ag95
AG
Everyone saying the episode sucked......come on....the Mountain ripping that dude's melon off was enough to make it a great episode in my book. The look on those zealots faces was awesome.
92Ag95
AG
quote:
Remember the witch when Cersei was young predicted all of her children would die.

THIS is what I think. She cares about her children but she cares more about herself.
Rex Racer
AG
Cersei needs to pull Tommen aside and tell him that the very thing she is being tried for is also what can end his reign as King. I'll bet he would change his tune.
92Ag95
AG
quote:
Cersei needs to pull Tommen aside and tell him that the very thing she is being tried for is also what can end his reign as King. I'll bet he would change his tune.
Where is Marjery? She was apparently faking her conversion and she has a lot of influence over Tommen.
She would be the one to turn the tables on the high sparrow.
NC2001
AG
quote:

Tommen doesn't give a damn what's happening as long as Margaery puts out...
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
I don't think we know.

Man, Tommen outlawing the trials by combat was a masterful move by the high sparrow.

. . . which will somehow get him killed
Objective Aggie
AG
Random question for this thread:

Which actors do the best job of portraying their characters?

Cersei is certainly tremendous.
Mamma Tyrell is spot on.
Tyrion is perfect.
Jamie is quite strong.
For a shameless brute, the Hound has created a lot of complexity (his travels with Arya)
I love Ser Davos. He is really good.

Thoughts?
LB12Diamond
AG
Magery most likely helped convince Tommen to trial the change.

I have no doubt Cersai is going to unleash something. Its been building for a while.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
by the looks of it, marjery is playing tommen to get both he and cersie out of the picture. Trial of cersie proves tommen is a product of incest, she is locked up and tommens rule is nullified.

however in this scenario, what isn't clear is who would have rightful claim of the throne. gendry?

FbgTxAg
AG
quote:
Random question for this thread:

Which actors do the best job of portraying their characters?

Cersei is certainly tremendous.
Mamma Tyrell is spot on.
Tyrion is perfect.
Jamie is quite strong.
For a shameless brute, the Hound has created a lot of complexity (his travels with Arya)
I love Ser Davos. He is really good.

Thoughts?

I think many of these actors are tremendous.

Obviously Tyrion is just phenomenal.

I thought Stannis was exceptional.

Littlefinger? Awesome.

Varys, Bronn, Jamie, Cersei.

Just amazing. Lady Oleanna is great.

Hard to think of any principle character who isn't great.

Oberyn was great.

And the little shlt Joffrey was perfectly detestable.

The whole show is cast superbly. The only time the show is less than stellar, it's on storyline or production execution. The actors are doing damn fine.

And by the way, Missandei is just friggin smoking hot.
FbgTxAg
AG
quote:
by the looks of it, marjery is playing tommen to get both he and cersie out of the picture. Trial of cersie proves tommen is a product of incest, she is locked up and tommens rule is nullified.

however in this scenario, what isn't clear is who would have rightful claim of the throne. gendry?

Hell I forgot about Gendry. How would he ascend though? Cersei certainly not gonna help him out.
combat wombat™
AG
quote:

Margery wouldn't get rid of Tommen if it meant she liars the throne.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
gendry is robert's ******* son, if no other natural heir then he could claim. majery would just jump on gendrys royal pole...she seems to have no problem jumping from throne claimer to throne claimer...
MC Clap Yo Handz
AG
I could be wrong, but I thought the trial for was sleeping with her cousin, Lancel? Not for sleeping with Jamie. Lancel is the one who admitted it when he joined the faith. So telling Tommen would do no good and her being found guilty wont do anything to Tommen's reign.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, I don't think she's angling for Tommen. He's very easily manipulated, so perfect for her. If/when Tommen dies, I think it will be more of inadvertent fall-out of her move to get rid of Cersei.
Joan Wilder
AG
Tommen as a child of incest seems to be a pretty well-accepted rumor and he's still on the throne. How many people actually know about Gendry, and could he prove he's Robert's son? Ned and Jon Arryn are dead. Who would back him? The red woman is all in with Jon now, and the other red women are backing Dany. Word is out as far as the iron islands about Dany so I think she'd have a stronger claim. Plus dragons.

I don't see Margary behind the ban on trial by combat - she wants Loras out of jail (I don't think she's completely given up on him), and a trial won't go well for him. That's all the sparrow' doing after the mountain ripped off that guy's head, IMO. Tommen doesn't realize he's being played - he's a sweet kid, not an evil schemer like Joffrey.
Rex Racer
AG
quote:
I could be wrong, but I thought the trial for was sleeping with her cousin, Lancel? Not for sleeping with Jamie. Lancel is the one who admitted it when he joined the faith. So telling Tommen would do no good and her being found guilty wont do anything to Tommen's reign.
You're right. That's the charge. But I think the High Sparrow strongly suspects more.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
quote:
I was hoping to see The Mountain finish off all those Faith Militants Mortal Kombat style. At least we got to see one Finishing Move.

I loved Cersei's "I choose violence" line!
unmade bed
quote:
quote:

THIS is what I think. She cares about her children but she cares more about herself.

Yeah, i think Jaime's scene with Edmure are foreshadowing something going down between Cersei and Tommen.

I think that it would make sense if Cersei kills Tommen which allows Jaime to see her true character so that he no longer loves her and can become the "good guy" the show is wanting him to be.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, i think Jaime's scene with Edmure are foreshadowing something going down between Cersei and Tommen.

I think that it would make sense if Cersei kills Tommen which allows Jaime to see her true character so that he no longer loves her and can become the "good guy" the show is wanting him to be.
Yea, I hear you, but I don't think he said it as "that's why I love her, because I know she loves her children so much". It was more matter-of-fact, like there are only a few truths in the world, and one of them is that Cerci loves her children. Nothing can change that.
CubbieAggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yea, I hear you, but I don't think he said it as "that's why I love her, because I know she loves her children so much". It was more matter-of-fact, like there are only a few truths in the world, and one of them is that Cerci loves her children. Nothing can change that.
But they aren't just her children. Tommen is Jaime's son, too. Cersei's love for her children may not be why he loves her, but killing his son could sure turn that around.
smokeythebear
AG
I wasn't arguing the Jaime part. I was arguing the idea that Cersei would purposely kill Tommen.
CubbieAggie
AG
quote:
I wasn't arguing the Jaime part. I was arguing the idea that Cersei would purposely kill Tommen.
I choose arguing.
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:
Where is Marjery? She was apparently faking her conversion and she has a lot of influence over Tommen.
She would be the one to turn the tables on the high sparrow.

She's in the Sept of Baelor. She can't be released until her trial.
Kampfers
AG
I'm thinking it's going to be more of a history repeats itself type moment. Jamie returns, Cersei has lost the trial and wants to burn down the city using that potion ****.

Remember she was going to poison Tommen when she thought stannis was going to win the siege. I have no doubt she could rationalize this as "saving him" from the church or that they would be together again or something.

So then Jamie has to make another hard decision.
LHIOB
AG
Jamie using the "things you do for love" line again tells me he kills Cercei or Tommen.
TXAGFAN
AG
quote:
Jamie using the "things you do for love" line again tells me he kills Cercei or Tommen.
kills cersei because he finds out or to stop her from killing tommen.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.