Hard rock / metal recommendations?

36,166 Views | 293 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Aggie94
Max Power
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FYI Devin Townsend has been added to the Opeth/Gojira tour. Sucks that this tour isn't coming my way.
Whoop04
What a lineup!
62strat
AG
Max Power said:

FYI Devin Townsend has been added to the Opeth/Gojira tour. Sucks that this tour isn't coming my way.
Really for all shows?

Nice, I wouldn't likely see him as a headliner, so this will be a good opportunity to see him an opener.
62strat
AG
Whoop04 said:

People hate ghost?
I can see why people in the 'metal' community would hate them. They are hardly metal.. aside from diabolic/satanic imagery. And they are hella pop as far as structure and hooks.They are just rock really.

But their guitar riffs, IMO, make them belong in metal. They sure do use that devil note a lot

I f-in love em. Got in to them when I first heard secular haze and year zero on xm back in 2013. Immediately told myself when they come to town I'm going, and was able to see them twice, though I missed them this year and last, and somehow missed them when they opened for opeth.

On another note, I've heard this a few times, and immediately upon first hearing I thought maybe it was some lost TON track

yawny06
AG
Few that I like that I haven't seen posted yet...

After the Burial

Demon Hunter

Killer Be Killed

Iwrestledabearonce

And, not really metal but more hard rock, Red Line Chemistry. I can listen to this album all day long...

62strat
AG
What do you metalheads think of this? I think it's kick ass! 4/4 overall beat/drumming with crazy meshuggah type accenting. 8 string guitar tuning way down to like F#.

It's pretty quiet/ambient for about first 30 seconds

Big Cat `93
AG
That whole Vola album is great.
astros4545
AG
Bump

In honor of BTBAM releasing the 2nd half of their album Automata

What have yall been listening to recently

TopFlightReject

Been listening to PWDs new album Reverence. Its a leap from their older albums but I think its kickass. Going to see their show with ABR, TDWP, and Polaris at HoB on 9/19. Pretty torqued up for that one.
zgood10
AG
astros4545 said:

Bump

In honor of BTBAM releasing the 2nd half of their album Automata

What have yall been listening to recently

Automata II rocks (well, both I & II)
mazag08
AG
TopFlightReject said:

Been listening to PWDs new album Reverence. Its a leap from their older albums but I think its kickass. Going to see their show with ABR, TDWP, and Polaris at HoB on 9/19. Pretty torqued up for that one.
I preferred Ire, but the new album is good too.

I just started listening to this band.. maybe not metal but still really good. Like a mix between Dead Letter Circus and Tesseract.

Echoes97
AG
Been a while since I've read the thread, and haven't caught completely up, so sorry if already posted.

Anyone else into the stoner rock? I've really gotten into these dudes, King Buffalo:

All Them Witches:

Big fans of both of these bands.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
All Them Witches are badass.
Bottlehead90
AG
Echoes97 said:

Been a while since I've read the thread, and haven't caught completely up, so sorry if already posted.

Anyone else into the stoner rock? I've really gotten into these dudes, King Buffalo:

All Them Witches:

Big fans of both of these bands.

Not heard of either of those but they sound really good. Thanks
Aggie94
AG

May have missed this band being mentioned, but the riffs on this album kick ass.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.