Rick and Morty

19,328 Views | 98 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Swarely
hunter2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have to ask, and I'm not expecting a 1000 page thread on this one, but has anyone seen this show? It's freaking hilarious...

For those that are curious, it's an adult swim show, but the setup is very similar to futurama. It is slightly more crude, but it is sci-fi humor nonetheless. Anyone that enjoyed futurama will enjoy it. The main writer also works on Community.

I would probably put it just below South Park and Archer in terms of animated comedy.

The meeseeks episode so far has been my favorite, anatomy park was pretty great too.

So has anyone seen it?
Hank Mardukas
AG
Was waiting for someone to post about this!

This is by far my favorite show on TV. The Rixty minutes episode with all the ridiculous TV ads from other dimensions got me laughing so hard. It's an amazing blend between sci fi and dark comedy.

The first episode of the new season was great. I love the episodes where you can tell Rick cares about Morty more than anything.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Huge fan of this show and have watched and rewatched the first season quite a bit in anticipation of season 2. That was a rough year-plus offseason.

I too loved Rixty Minutes and heard they'll be doing an episode of that format every season.

The premiere and second episode (which was leaked) were both awesome, and I'm looking forward to abother classic season of animated ridiculousness and mind ****itude.
2ndGen87
AG
I love the show!

Raising Gazorpazorp is my favorite.

hunter2012
AG
I'm shocked that this thread got any traction, I figured R&M would be completely overlooked since it's adult swim.

Here's one of my favorite clips, I lost it just looking up this clip. It's so subtle and so great.

Hank Mardukas
AG
Yeah... welcome to the club, pal

Inspector Spacetime
AG
I think that was my favorite overall bit from the first season, which is saying a lot. Without over thinking it, I just recall laughing at it more than anything. Think I also played it back about 3 or 4 times in a row.
Kampfers
AG
Love this show. It's fun and lighthearted and nothing matters and then all of a sudden something incredibly heavy happens and you just sit there thinking "damn."

The end of the love potion episode is a perfect example. I was blown away.

PetroAg87
AG
FYI one of the animators on this series, Jeff Mertz, is an Aggie class of '89.
boy09
AG
I watched the first 2 leaked episodes of this season probably 4 or 5 times each already. The episode premiering tonight is great, maybe my favorite to date.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
The "Roy" video game at Blips and Chitz killed me in the second episode...

One of the things I love about this show is how detailed the settings are, especially the random species and creatures populating the universe. Like when Jerry decides to leave Jerryboree ("alright then that was always allowed") but quickly realizes that world is way too scary and foreign and returns.
boy09
AG
quote:
The "Roy" video game at Blips and Chitz killed me in the second episode...

One of the things I love about this show is how detailed the settings are, especially the random species and creatures populating the universe.
Did you notice the Meeseeks in the background at Blips and Chitz helping the guy play a video game?

Also, the 3rd episode leaked for any of you out there who are as impatient as me. I couldn't help myself last night.
Hank Mardukas
AG
Renewed for Season 3 b*****s!

Last episode got dark
Schrute Farms
The unity episode did get dark.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Welp, this show continues to just be some of the funniest, raunchiest, most original, and smartest stuff on TV.

Any Dan Harmon fans reminded by this episode of the pseudo-clipshows Community used to do with scenes from episodes that never actually occurred? That was one of the concepts from Community I would love for more shows to employ.
Nagler
AG
Just watched the clip above, I will be tuning in.
boy09
AG
Poor Mr. Poopy Butthole..
hunter2012
AG
Bird Person FTW.
AggieChemE09
AG
AIDS!
hunter2012
AG

Who doesn't want to beat down Snowball at cards?
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Morty: What am I eating? Is this like bird seed?
Bird Person: It is random debris. I do not know what humans eat.
Tami: You know what *this* human eats....
(Loudly whispers) Bird Dickkkk....
hunter2012
AG
"someone's gotta bring culture and it can't be someone whose entire culture powers my brake lights!"

"You quit school but you still got some learning to do... Class dismissed."

Oh yeah and PROTECT SUMMER
AggieChemE09
AG
Sex Panther
AG
This week's episode was hilarious. That was Stephen Colbert voicing Zeep the scientist in case you missed it.
boy09
AG
In the back of my mind I was preparing myself for a letdown this season, especially after the ridiculously long layover after S1. But this season has been delivering big time.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Some of the most ****ed up and yet funniest deaths.. I liked the theme somewhat of making me laugh/gasp at the constant suicides, precision paralysis, and other ways they had people eating the dust yesterday. The emotional option the ship drummed up for that one cop was hilariously depressing.
Sex Panther
AG
This show definitely gets pretty twisted and dark at times
jdls13
AG
Watched the show thanks to this thread and I gotta say, I was hooked after that inception episode. **** was hilarious!
bigboykin
AG
I have nothing really to add other than to say that I really enjoy this show. I dig sci-fi and dark, twisted humor, so it's kind of right up my alley.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
Watched the show thanks to this thread and I gotta say, I was hooked after that inception episode. **** was hilarious!
hunter2012
AG
I'm not entirely sure who enjoyed the purge more...
SeattleAgJr
MosesHallEnforcer
AG
+1 on this thread getting me to check out Rick and Morty. It is up there with south park for me. I have rewatched every episode multiple times, and catch new things every viewing. Really smart writing.
Hank Mardukas
AG
Can't wait for the squanchy wedding
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.