Guy Ritchie's King Arthur flick

9,337 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BurnetAggie99
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hadn't heard of this. Is this his attempt at a franchise? He hasn't written anything since the criminally underrated RocknRolla in 2008, and this is yet another straight director credit.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_of_the_Roundtable:_King_Arthur

King Arthur flicks haven't exactly lit it up recently, though this is taking a fantasy turn with it, which is different.

Btw, TCTTS, I saw The Projection List referenced on The Man From UNCLE's movie wiki. Remember the little people when your transition to big-timer is complete.
Sex Panther
AG
Am I the only one who thinks Charlie Hunnam is terrible?

The rest of the cast is great though... Idris Elba as Merlin? Awesome... plus Mayor Tommy Littlefinger.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Btw, TCTTS, I saw The Projection List referenced on The Man From UNCLE's movie wiki. Remember the little people when your transition to big-timer is complete.

Somebody needs to go edit that though. Probably not quite the message we want for TPL, unless TC is fine with it.
jackie childs
quote:
oh come on...like you're not excited to see arthur wearing bright white sneakers at the round table?
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:

Somebody needs to go edit that though. Probably not quite the message we want for TPL, unless TC is fine with it.

Ha, that's hilarious. Why on earth someone put that there, and phrase it like that, for THIS movie, out of all the predictions I've made? Can anyone edit Wikipedia?
TCTTS
AG
quote:

No. He's like half a notch above Jai Courtney. Maybe.
PatAg
AG
Maybe it's because my first exposure to him was in Judd Appatow's show Undeclared, which I really liked and liked him in. Then I found him the best part of Green Street Hooligans. I guess we will see.
Sex Panther
AG
I liked him in Undeclared when he just talked normal... But he does the worst American accent I've ever heard. I kind of imagine it would be like hearing Channing Tatum try an English accent to British people.

There's like this wave of young action stars that have no personality whatsoever. Jai Courtney, Garret Hedlund, Joel Kinnamon, Whoever the new Johnny Utah is, and a bunch of other guys that are so bland I don't know their names.

Makes you realize why Chris Pratt is blowing up.
GinaLinetti
AG
quote:
Am I the only one who thinks Charlie Hunnam is terrible.

Nah. But he's hot.

I'll go see it. I like Ritchie and enjoy this subject matter
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I can't help it, but I compare things like this to "Excalibur." That movie is the gold-standard for me.

While Jude Law and Eric Bana are good, seeing Charlie Hunnam as King Arthur makes me extremely nervous.
VanZandt92
Excalibur kicked butt.
PatAg
AG
Maybe that's a good point. Putting too much effort into the non-descript american accent.
3 William 56
AG
quote:
criminally underrated RocknRolla
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:

It seriously might be my favorite movie. It's probably the one I watch most, at least.
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

It seriously might be my favorite movie. It's probably the one I watch most, at least.
I wouldn't go that far, but I really enjoy all of Ritchie's Brit underworld films. And I only like Charlie Hunnam because I loved Pacific Rim, but I can certainly see the arguments against him.

Good call on Pratt vs other modern action stars too, I think the Rock is another example.

Anyone else notice that Ritchie seems to be slowly moving backwards in time? Modern day gangster films...Sherlock Holmes...King Arthur.
AliasMan02
AG
Talk about a movie that is waaaaaay under the radar. Guy Ritchie is my favorite filmmaker, but he's a guy who will disappoint you. I really want this marriage with my favorite legend to go well, but man... I dunno.

Duncan Idaho
I'll be honest. That looks terrible
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I'll see it. Love King Arthur stuff, especially with Merlin, and it can't be any worse than the Kiera Knightly one.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Ummmm.......wow.

Not sure how to compose my thoughts on just how underwhelming that was. Looks like Excalibur will still be THE definitive King Arthur film.

"Raised on the streets..."????? Really? That opening shot with the camera attached to the actor's bodies as they ran.....just bad.
Sex Panther
AG
Probably will be like most of Guy Ritchie's post Snatch films.

Will look cool. Will have really neat editing. Won't be awful, but will leave you thinking that it should've been just way better.

And Charlie Hunnam is still terrible.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Ouch
Trident 88
AG
Pay per view
Bruce Almighty
AG
I couldn't even finish the trailer.
aggiebq03+
Through the first part I was thinking it might be something good.

But the end of the think looks like it can from that Gods of Egypt monstrosity. Yuck.
Cancelled
AG
Didn't look too bad
Bunk Moreland
No idea about that one. Wasn't a huge fan of the trailer. Do like me some guy Ritchie though, but agree he can let you down.

I loved the Arthur with Clive Owen. Didn't necessarily need a retelling or new shake on the legend this quickly
bangobango
AG
I thought it looked good.
The Dog Lord
AG
It definitely has the potential to suck, but I will likely see it. Going in with low expectations may actually help me like it if it's okay.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
The editing, and Guy Ritchie style, just seem too anachronistic for period movies.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
The editing, and Guy Ritchie style, just seem too anachronistic for period movies.

You don't consider Sherlock Holmes a period piece?
Ol_Ag_02
AG
quote:
quote:

You don't consider Sherlock Holmes a period piece?

Crap. I totally forgot about that movie. (Which I actually like). Guess I'm going to have to give this one a shot then.
AliasMan02
AG
New trailer is out for this. The cast is pretty massive. I just don't know, man...
rhutton125
AG
I've heard it said that Guy Ritchie has lost so much of his edginess, that you could probably roll him into the room.

I thought the second trailer looked alright. Not sure what Ritchie's obsession is with shirtless street brawling - seems to show up in every other film - but... yeah I guess we'll see.
The Collective
AG
No way this is better than Fuqua's King Arthur... which is one of my favorite "bad movies".
FaceMask
rhutton125 said:

I've heard it said that Guy Ritchie has lost so much of his edginess, that you could probably roll him into the room.

I thought the second trailer looked alright. Not sure what Ritchie's obsession is with shirtless street brawling - seems to show up in every other film - but... yeah I guess we'll see.

It was that skank Madonna undoing him.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.