*****Avengers: Age of Ultron discussion*****

70,494 Views | 447 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by rhutton125
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Vision wielding Thor's hammer was nails. The geeks lost it when that happened.

I think Vision was underused a bit, what a great character.
nickstro66
AG
quote:

That was probably my favorite scene in the movie. Either that or when Hawkeye was talking to Scarlet Witch during the battle
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Was he able to lift it due to having the stone, or was he "worthy" of lifting it? Is that addressed in the comics?
nickstro66
AG
quote:
Was he able to lift it due to having the stone, or was he "worthy" of lifting it? Is that addressed in the comics?
The stone allows him to I think. I feel like he's going to play a major part in Infinity Wars
BigRobSA
quote:
So 3D or no 3D, that is the question..... Is it worth it?
Not worth it. I did it to make sure I wasn't in a crowded theater. I forgot, I'm in Podunk, so even the regular theater wasn't packed. I asked the ticket lady afterward. About half-full. I'd imagine tonight's theaters will be jam-packed.
BigRobSA
quote:

My theater, almost to the person, yelled out "Oh, sh*t!".
boogieman
AG
Same here. Lots of *gasps could be heard.
Saxsoon
AG
The audience lost it at the vision getting the hammer

And the whole discussion at the end about him being worthy. But the Elevator isn't worthy
BigRobSA
quote:
The audience lost it at the vision getting the hammer

And the whole discussion at the end about him being worthy. But the Elevator isn't worthy
That was nails.

The ending portion, where the new Avengers are assembled, and Cap is cut off mid-"Avengers...assemble!". Also nails.

Nonregdrummer09
AG
YEEESS!!

Age of Ultron DVD will include extended cut and alternate ending

Whedon said, and you could tell in the movie, that he had to cut a lot, I'm glad they are doing this.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
YEEESS!!

Whedon said, and you could tell in the movie, that he had to cut a lot, I'm glad they are doing this.

This will be the first time I've really wanted to see an extended cut of a movie. I wonder how different the alternate ending will be?
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
The stone allows him to I think. I feel like he's going to play a major part in Infinity Wars
Well it Ultron wants the gem for the Infinity Guantlet, it means Vision has to lose it. Doesn't bode well for Vision.
Lone Star
Saw it last night. Good movie, but I think I went in with too high of expectations. I thought that Ultron would be much tougher of a foe since he was, in a sense from a technology standpoint, a God since he could be anywhere and everywhere at the same time and could access any and all information possible. I would have thought that he could have devised some plans to take out more of the heroes. I'd put this one below The Avengers, Captain America: Winter Soldier, and Iron Man. It may be just above the nearest film after that.
Sex Panther
AG
Great movie as usual. Marvel understands more than anything, that these movies are supposed to be fun. They know it's ridiculous and they even joke about it...

Hawkeye's line about "I have a bow and arrow... none of this makes sense" is one of the funniest things I've ever heard. The movie is seriously bloated but they still make it work, which is really impressive. That's a hard feat to do and other movies have failed miserably when they pack it full of characters like this.

Cons

Pacing is so fast, there is so much going on and so many characters. Marvel usually develops things better.

Ultron literally goes from something nobody has ever heard of to being fully sentient and murdery in about 5 minutes. Wish they would've thought to tease him even the slightest in Iron Man 2/3 or Avengers 1.

Vision was weird to me, and also like Ultron, he just kind of appears and isn't developed very well. Honestly I could do without him, although I'm probably in the minority because the theater went nuts when he showed up. Him picking up the hammer was cool.

Pros

This movie is HILARIOUS. So many funny one liners and gags. Again this **** is so ridiculous, but treating it the way they do makes it work.

Chemistry of the characters is phenomenal. Thor, Cap and Stark work so well together. They all do really.

Ultron was a pretty good villain. Voice was better than I thought it would be, and damn he's snarky.

Hawkeye was great. Finally got his chance to shine and he killed it.

All in all, Marvel continues to reign supreme. I can only imagine just how big this universe is going to get with Civil War following in to Infinity Wars. Seriously, Civil War is going to be amazing. And I'm actually really looking forward to Thor 3. I like Thor, he's funny. Plus it means more Loki.

On to Ant-Man, which I'm now really excited about again. Still wish it would've been Edgar Wright, but I love Paul Rudd and the last time I thought Marvel had finally jumped the shark, we got GotG and we all know how that turned out.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
YEEESS!!

Looking forward to this. This movie clearly needed to be longer.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
quote:
quote:
YEEESS!!

Looking forward to this. This movie clearly needed to be longer.

Including that Whedon said Loki was cut from the movie, which I'm guessing was part of Thor's vision.
Whos Juan
AG
quote:
YEEESS!!

Excelsior!!!
The Debt
quote:
quote:

Mjonir or whatever can't be lifted just because someone is powerful (a la infinity stone) it's a question of the allfathers/asgardian definition of worthiness.

In the comics only like 2 or 3 people have been able to wield it besides thor, and they were all people of high character. That is why thor kinda jumped when he saw rogers budge it. We hadn't seen anyone, prior to vision, actually been able to move it.
The Debt
Also, I think they did a terrible job with strucker. "Ultron killed him to hide something, a weakness" 10 mins later "it's jarvis"
Sex Panther
AG
"Please be a secret door, please be a secret door..."

"yaay"
Tanya 93
Appropriate for a 6 year old that has seen the original three Star Wars movies probably 5-10 times?

That is the level of violence he has seen in a movie.
benMath08
AG
quote:
Appropriate for a 6 year old that has seen the original three Star Wars movies probably 5-10 times?

I certainly didn't watch it from the perspective of a parent, but the amount of violence seemed on par with the first avengers or really any other marvel movie. There are situations where people must obviously be dying as collateral damage but it isn't really addressed.

They actually make a bit out of some of the bad words spoken during the film.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
There's a dick joke in there.
Tanya 93
quote:
quote:

I certainly didn't watch it from the perspective of a parent, but the amount of violence seemed on par with the first avengers or really any other marvel movie. There are situations where people must obviously be dying as collateral damage but it isn't really addressed.

They actually make a bit out of some of the bad words spoken during the film.
We haven't seen any of them. I did show Iron Man in class after TAKS testing once, but I was too busy grading to pay attention.

He knows people die in movies because he loves Star Wars.

Thanks. I assume he has heard bad words from his friends, but we don't use them when he is around. That I can explain.
Tanya 93
quote:
There's a dick joke in there.
Like sex stuff? Or getting hit in the balls which he thinks is funny if it isn't him?
Sex Panther
AG
Dude gets his arm ripped off and one guy dies after getting shot a bunch.

Let your kid see it. It's the freaking Avengers.
Tanya 93
Well, he does say Darth Vader isn't evil, just misunderstood...

Mommy trained him well.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yes, a sex joke that he won't get. Take him.
redbaron788
AG
Just, wow.

3D kind of pulled me away at moments, only a few times but I still wouldn't recommend it. However it did show me I will NOT see Jurassic World in 3D, way too distracting
Saxsoon
AG
A joke about Natashsa playing hide the cucumber with the hulk
R0GUE
AG
I loved them ripping on Cap about his opposition to "bad language".
The Debt
quote:
A joke about Natashsa playing hide the cucumber with the hulk
Zucchini, cucumber...I cant tell the difference either.
AccountantAg
AG
I think my favorite scene in the movie was captain America almost moving Thor's hammer and his reaction.

This might just be me but for the first 2 avenger movies it's felt like several of the avengers could solo the main villain and both movies just send insane quantities of henchman (alien army and robots) to keep the heroes busy as they are just supremely outclassed.

Saying that most avengers cut through ultron's minions like a hot knife through butter would be an insult to butter.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
I think my favorite scene in the movie was captain America almost moving Thor's hammer and his reaction.

This might just be me but for the first 2 avenger movies it's felt like several of the avengers could solo the main villain and both movies just send insane quantities of henchman (alien army and robots) to keep the heroes busy as they are just supremely outclassed.

Saying that most avengers cut through ultron's minions like a hot knife through butter would be an insult to butter.
Well at least we know Thanos will flip that script.
The Debt
In the Avengers the only super powered bad guy was Loki. There were a few scenes withmind controlled Hawkeye, but the only scene where they were both inaction Loki spent 80% of it in a cell and hawkeye was shooting from afar.

With Ultron we had the twins. Guardians had Gamoras sister play henchman to the zealot dude. Civil war wont need bad guys really. Thanos will likely have some lackeys, but by that film he should have most of the stones.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.