Shakey Graves again

4,111 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MW03
MW03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know I've been posting about this guy a lot over the last couple years, but he just released a crazy good low-fi acoustic album called Nobody's Fool on bandcamp. Its supposed to be a limited time release so I'm not sure how long it will be up.

Another name your price deal, but it's easily worth a buck a song. Highly recommend you check it out. Also, if you missed his album And The War Came last year, don't sleep on it.

http://shakeygraves.bandcamp.com/album/nobodys-fool
VanZandt92
I have some of their stuff downloaded. See Kexp for some live footage.
MW03
AG
http://www.texasmonthly.com/story/steady-he-goes?fullpage=1

Nice Texas Monthly piece on Shakey Graves and how Alejandro Rose-Garcia is conquering music one festival gig at a time.

MW03
AG
Tobias Funke
AG
Played a show literally underneath him one night in Austin, and the bass drum pretty much ruined the first half of our set as it boomed through the floor. I figured I should look him up and was not disappointed. great music
AgLaw
AG
Love, love, love Dearly Departed. I'll definitely get the new stuff.
Cecil B. DeMille
AG
Good example of how if I were to see a girl walking down the street I wouldn't look twice...watch her do that and all of the sudden she's attractive
Tobias Funke
AG
quote:
Good example of how if I were to see a girl walking down the street I wouldn't look twice...watch her do that and all of the sudden she's attractive

Huh??
MW03
AG
He means that he thinks she's pretty average looking until she starts singing and then she's hot. I think she has a decided Gweneth Paltrow vibe about her.

Cecil B. DeMille
AG
I may or may not have written that half asleep, but MW03 got what i was saying. My choice of phrasing was horrible.
thewallspc
Not sure if y'all have heard it, mainly because it's pretty hard to find. But The Donor Blues is definitely his best work he's ever done. The Donor Blues EP
FancyKetchup14
AG
Entire discography is name your price for the next 72 hours

Shakey Graves
MW03
AG
Came across this recently. Well worth the time if you need something to keep you and your spreadsheets company.

FancyKetchup14
AG
Love Shakey's live stuff. One of my favorites:

Hickory High
AG
Dude is unbelievable. Found a recent interview of him in which he said that he's FINALLY got a new album coming out. Didn't say when though. Can come soon enough.
MW03
AG
He usually releases an album in February and you name your own price. It's awesome
Hickory High
AG
MW03 said:

He usually releases an album in February and you name your own price. It's awesome
There's only one album of his on Spotify (not including the Audiotree Live album).
MW03
AG
Yeah, it's called "Shakey Graves Day" he self releases them on his website for like 3 days. Check here for a couple of them.

https://shakeygraves.bandcamp.com

The others are all on his Reddit page sidebar if you're inclined.
MW03
AG
Bump for Shakey Graves day on 2/9. He'll have 10 albums up on band camp for "pay what you want".
wessimo
AG
He's playing a free show at the superbowl live thing at discovery green friday night. Not sure how crowded it is going to get though.
wessimo
AG
Bump for the show tomorrow.
MW03
AG
He's doing some online concerts.

http://www.shakeygraves.com/

I was skeptical of the online shows, but I've come around on them. Haven't watched one of his yet, but I may have to check it out.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.