*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,510,741 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Farmer1906 said:

I still don't like CM. I can't put my finger on just why.

Well the rather cringy "you didn't have me" line doesn't help imo, but I agree with you. There's something that doesn't quite connect with me, but hopefully the Russo's can make her likable since she is apparently the future of the franchise.

But if Thor or Tony or even Okoye deliver that line, I think they'd pull it off no problem.
wangus12
AG
Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

I just watched the clip and Thor is so baller. I think he and CM's interaction is going to be awesome on the big screen.
Thor is the greatest Avenger. I need more of his movies
wangus12
AG
Farmer1906 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Well the rather cringy "you didn't have me" line doesn't help imo, but I agree with you. There's something that doesn't quite connect with me, but hopefully the Russo's can make her likable since she is apparently the future of the franchise.

But if Thor or Tony or even Okoye deliver that line, I think they'd pull it off no problem.
"we're all about that super hero life" is a worse line in my opinion
jabberwalkie09
AG
wangus12 said:

Farmer1906 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Farmer1906 said:

"we're all about that super hero life" is a worse line in my opinion

Eh, given the overlying sarcasm that was said there it came across that they were mocking her. Which I'm fine with.

If Tony or Thor said, it would still be cringy but more so about character regression for them since they've both had their slices of humble pie and know their limitations more. If Okoye said, it would be so unearned it would be ridiculous when you look at he other Avengers.
jeffk
AG
What if a big arc this film is CM thinking she can handle Thanos all on her own and getting her ass kicked?
fig96
AG
jeffk said:

What if a big arc this film is CM thinking she can handle Thanos all on her own and getting her ass kicked?
Not saying that's going to happen, but I bet we're in for a twist that no one is going to see coming.
Gangnam Style
AG
jeffk said:

I can definitely see this happening. She starts out super arrogant, gets ass kicked & humbled and is forced to work as a team.
jabberwalkie09
AG
jeffk said:

I'd be fine with this.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Gangnam Style said:

jeffk said:

I can definitely see this happening. She starts out super arrogant, gets ass kicked & humbled and is forced to work as a team.
i think something like this might happen. Folks were worried about Black Panther stealing the show in IW, and he was pretty minor and got dusted.

In the trailers we've seen so far, we see Capt Marvel in the Benatar, but i don't think they were wearing Quantum realm suits, and scott was not with them. In the other shots of the Quantum realm suits, i don't think we see her. What if they go after Thanos early and get their asses kicked (maybe she dies, or he is able to take her powers away since they came from a stone), and then Scott comes out of the quantum realm?
hurleyag
AG
What if Thanos isn't the main adversary in this film? They go with Marvel to attack Thanos early in the film and succeed then spend the rest of the movie reversing the Snap and run into unknown along the way?

Is that too much of a curve ball?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Gangnam Style
AG
Full clip. Cap swore!

YellowPot_97
AG
Cap says bashtards in the first Avengers.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Gangnam Style said:

Full clip. Cap swore!

**Avengers Theme Intensifies**
AgfromHOU
AG
I wouldn't put too much into who is with whom in the trailers. We've now seen the scene of them walking in Avengers hangar with and without suits, and a different number of people each time.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
I don't see Scott in that clip, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't in the credit scene in Captain Marvel either. If so, I'm guessing (with questions)...

- Captain Marvel answers the page, shows up at Avengers HQ, where it's Cap, Thor, Black Widow, Hulk, War Machine, and Rocket.

- CM + those named above see that Thanos used the stones again, decide to go after him. But how do they do this before Tony and Nebula make it back to Earth in the Milano? Tony and Nebula aren't on board whatever ship it is that those above board to go after Thanos again. So what ship is that?

- Tony and Nebula fix the Milano, make it back to Earth.

- Regardless of the order, there then looks to be some kind of fight with Thanos relatively soon after? Do the Avengers lose again? Do they retreat?

- Because then we've seen clips/shots of just Cap and Black Widow back at Avengers HQ, looking even more depressed than before. That's when Scott shows up.

- At some point around this time Black Widow runs into Hawkeye, who also rejoins the team.

- Then we've seen shots of the whole team - the initially remaining Avengers + Tony + Nebula + Scott + Hawkeye - but MINUS Captain Marvel - all back at Avengers HQ, prepping for ANOTHER mission, this one presumably having something to do with time travel?

Ha, no matter how much I try to piece together what we've seen, it still doesn't quite make sense, and I love that. The marketing so far has been PERFECTLY vague/teasing/confusing.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Benatar, the Milano was destroyed.

Presumably, they can use the bifrost within the 9 realms. Maybe Thanos is close enough to use it? Unless that is retconned and Thor can summon it anywhere.
TCTTS
AG
Whatever ship it is, is the ship below the same ship Tony and Nebula are on? Because this shot is presumably AFTER the remaining Avengers decide to go after Thanos (in the clip above), but BEFORE Tony and Nebula make it back to earth. That's what's confusing me...

redline248
AG
Hulk took a quinn jet into space, could just be one of those.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
Good to know and makes sense. Thanks, guys.
TCTTS
AG
Actually, I wonder if the crew above somehow runs into Tony and Nebula in space? Then they take both ships to Thanos? Or maybe the Thanos fight being teased isn't 'til way later, and Tony convinces them to abandon going after Thanos, and they regroup back on Earth at Avengers HQ?
TexasAggie_02
AG
TCTTS said:

Whatever ship it is, is the ship below the same ship Tony and Nebula are on? Because this shot is presumably AFTER the remaining Avengers decide to go after Thanos (in the clip above), but BEFORE Tony and Nebula make it back to earth. That's what's confusing me...

it's the same ship

here it is in IW

Which raises more questions, like where is Tony and Nebula?
TCTTS
AG
What the heck?
TCTTS
AG
Just to be clear, that IS this ship, correct? Because if so, yeah, this is super confusing...

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TexasAggie_02
AG
yes, look at the control consoles and chairs in the pic with tony vs the GOTG and Endgame pics
TexasAggie_02
AG
unless capt marvel just so happens to own the exact make and model.
TCTTS
AG
Interesting. So Tony and Nebula make it back to Earth, but then presumably decide NOT to go after Thanos with the rest of the gang?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TexasAggie_02
AG
C@LAg said:

We also do not know how Nebula got to Titan.

Yes, it is likely the Benetar, but did we ever see what ship Nebula took when leaving at the end of GOTG2 ( I do not recall).

If it was a Benetar class ship, she took it to Sanctuary II, and likely used it to leave when she escaped.
nebula crashed her ship into Thanos on titan, it was not the same as the Benatar

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TexasAggie_02
AG
C@LAg said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

nebula crashed her ship into Thanos on titan, it was not the same as the Benatar

I did say "if"....
so much in your post was wrong, and you cling to "if"

Quote:

We also do not know how Nebula got to Titan.

Yes we do, she faked and eye injury, overtook the Chitari and left sanctuary.

Yes, it is likely the Benetar, but did we ever see what ship Nebula took when leaving at the end of GOTG2 ( I do not recall).

If it was a Benetar class ship, she took it to Sanctuary II, and likely used it to leave when she escaped.

She obviously did not take a benatar classs ship and escape with it. plus, that wouldn't have mattered b/c she drove it into the ground. Nebula and Tony obviously leave Titan in the Guardians ship.
Nebula's ship is a Necrocraft
https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Necrocraft

Here you can see Yondu's arrow hitting one in GOTG vol 1
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
First Page Last Page
Page 372 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.