*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,511,420 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Redstone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bobby Drake deserves his own stand-alone, but it will never happen because he's been denigrated for far too long, although an original student.
TCTTS
AG
Redstone said:

Am I being called out?

Honored.

AgfromHOU
AG
Redstone said:

Am I being called out?
btw, DC and Snyder are superior

LOL I like DC more but Snyder sucks
AliasMan02
AG
Is this the thread where we talk about awesome post credits scenes for Endgame? This won't happen, but could be a great long-term tease...

A shot of some planet or other we've seen before, but isn't important. People going about their day happily, when the sun is blotted out unexpectedly as the people all look up in confusion and concern, and then booms the voice. "I... HUNGER..." and everyone screams and runs as the screen goes suddenly black.

As I said, won't happen, but if they're going to set up another big culminating event ten years down the road, Galactus would be great. I never loved that character but would be stoked to see the MCU take a shot at him.
rhutton125
AG
I certainly wouldn't want there to be 100 prominent mutants pre-Snap, but I could see a situation where when the first X-Men film lands in ~2024, you've only got Xavier and 5 mutants he'd gathered up to this point... but now public incidents are starting to occur more frequently.

Maybe it starts as more of a boogeyman thing, where there are only a dozen recorded incidents, but the paranoia starts to set in after that. And then, by Phase 5, mutants are a bit more commonplace - though still not a regular occurrence or anything.

This is a terrible analogy, but it could be something like the frequency of school shootings. They're probably not statistically common, but parents are right to be legitimately concerned that the next one could be at their kids' schools. And then each incident gets so much exposure that the controversy increases from there. That level of rarity might also explain why it's at all effective for Xavier to go and recruit people individually - it's not like for every 1 mutant he saves, 5,000 roam about in public.

Just a thought. Very excited to see what Feige & Friends are able to pull off with these new characters. But I'd bet my nonexistent house that we won't be getting an X-Men Endgame tease. I'd also bet that Fantastic Four will be the first to arrive.
Solo Tetherball Champ
TCTTS said:

I agree about the no-mutant-stories-pre-snap thing being an issue. He kind of addresses that, but not really. But I think it'd be more ridiculous if Xavier and Wolverine and everyone HAD been around all this time, as mutants, and no one knew. Like someone mentioned earlier, it'd just be kind of weird for a bunch of mutants, who have been living among us for decades, if not thousands of years, just suddenly started showing up and revealing themselves not. The Snap awakening their gene is at least organic.
I have no idea how well this will sit with audiences, but I feel like the resolution of the Infinity gems is a perfect vehicle to change the setting in such a way that only the surviving Avengers are aware that there was ever a time without mutants. Probably sounds way to comic booky.

It's sort of like time travel; you're actions in the past have subtly changed the future some how.
hurleyag
AG
Solo Tetherball Champ said:

TCTTS said:

I agree about the no-mutant-stories-pre-snap thing being an issue. He kind of addresses that, but not really. But I think it'd be more ridiculous if Xavier and Wolverine and everyone HAD been around all this time, as mutants, and no one knew. Like someone mentioned earlier, it'd just be kind of weird for a bunch of mutants, who have been living among us for decades, if not thousands of years, just suddenly started showing up and revealing themselves not. The Snap awakening their gene is at least organic.
I have no idea how well this will sit with audiences, but I feel like the resolution of the Infinity gems is a perfect vehicle to change the setting in such a way that only the surviving Avengers are aware that there was ever a time without mutants. Probably sounds way to comic booky.

It's sort of like time travel; you're actions in the past have subtly changed the future some how.
Maybe that could be the answer. Several mutants (Xavier/Wolverine/Magneto) were formed after the snap, but somehow got into a time vortex to send them back to the past.
TexasAggie_02
AG
perhaps they have been hiding in the shadows this whole time in fear. but after endgame, some of the OG Avengers die, which embolden powered people to step up to help their local communities.
TCTTS
AG
But why would they have been living in fear when people having super powers has been a known/public thing for at least a decade now? Why wouldn't they have stepped forward years ago after, say, the first Avengers movie?
TCTTS
AG
Endgame tickets or the next Far From Home trailer? (Seems too earlier for the latter, but who knows.)

wangus12
AG
I'm shocked they haven't released tickets yet. Might break the record for online sales.
GreasenUSA
AG
I believe the leaked photo of ticket release dates showed Endgame being sometime in early April.
Solo Tetherball Champ
hurleyag said:

TCTTS said:

Maybe that could be the answer. Several mutants (Xavier/Wolverine/Magneto) were formed after the snap, but somehow got into a time vortex to send them back to the past.
Yeah.

I don't necessarily mean that the Fox X-men universe is merged with the MCU, but whatever the Avengers do in endgame causes the universe to change somehow resulting in mutants being a part of it.

Personally, I don't think a universe in which loved or tolerated super-powered individuals exist alongside hated super-powered mutants makes much sense, but I guess this is the world we're moving towards.
TCTTS
AG
Quote:

Personally, I don't think a universe in which loved or tolerated super-powered individuals exist alongside hated super-powered mutants makes much sense, but I guess this is the world we're moving towards.

This sums it up best for me and is a great way to put it. I'm becoming more and more convinced that they should just be separate universes. I've said it before, but I still think the X-Men franchise would work best as a TV series. While the MCU will live increasingly on Disney+ (along with the theatrical offerings, of course), Disney should do a slightly more mature X-Men series on Hulu (along with theatrical installments every so often), where all of Disney's/Fox's more dramatic/adult fare will live. The MCU will be more fun/family oriented while the X-Men can be more fun/PG-13 oriented.
Fenrir
TCTTS said:

Quote:

This sums it up best for me and is a great way to put it. I'm becoming more and more convinced that they should just be separate universes. I've said it before, but I still think the X-Men franchise would work best as a TV series. While the MCU will live increasingly on Disney+ (along with the theatrical offerings, of course), Disney should do a slightly more mature X-Men series on Hulu (along with theatrical installments), where all of Disney's/Fox's more dramatic/adult fare will live. The MCU will be more fun/family oriented while the X-Men can be more fun/PG-13 oriented.
This has already proven to be true...
TCTTS
AG
Exactly.

The school/teen/early adult setting just works better in an episodic formula. And with the money Disney is reportedly spending on their Star Wars and Marvel series for Disney+, they could easily spend just as much on an X-Men series (or multiple X-Men series) for Hulu.
AliasMan02
AG

hurleyag said:

TCTTS said:

Yeah.

I don't necessarily mean that the Fox X-men universe is merged with the MCU, but whatever the Avengers do in endgame causes the universe to change somehow resulting in mutants being a part of it.

I think the seeds for this change were placed in Civil War. Vision talks about the existence of powered individuals inviting challenge and potentially world ending events. The people of the world, especially with their heroic Avengers gone/dead, blame powered people for events like the Snap.

Add in an early incarnation of the Brotherhood of Mutants causing some sort of disaster, and I think they can get there.
dave94
AG
In the comic universe, they did a great job of having the mainstream, trusted heroes like the Avengers, while still having mutants be viewed as potentially dangerous by the general public. A lot of that was just from the secretive nature that most mutants had, as opposed to the Spider-Mans and Fantastic Fours of the world operating out in the open.

I don't see any reason they can't make that work in the movies too.
bearamedic99
AG
Not the Spidermen, just the FFs. J. Jonah warned us about the Spiderman.

PS- no one brought up the TV show Gifted. Did anyone continue watching it? I gave up after 3 or 4 episodes.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Rewatching infinity war and was thinking how odd for Thanos to even put himself into the position on titan to almost lose.

On kniwhere, he turned drax into blocks, mantis into ribbon, and made quills gun shoot bubbles. He could have easily dismantled everyone, or make iron man shoot bubbles. Instead he decides to make it hard on himself, and throws moons at people.

Perhaps he wasn't thinking clearly due to his grief over gamora. Or he was too cocky about his chances.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I think it has to do with his obsession with balance and order. Take a life, preserve a life. He killed Loki, but not Thor. Let fate decide who dies. And I'm sure being over confident was part of it.
Bobcat06
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Rewatching infinity war and was thinking how odd for Thanos to even put himself into the position on titan to almost lose.

On kniwhere, he turned drax into blocks, mantis into ribbon, and made quills gun shoot bubbles. He could have easily dismantled everyone, or make iron man shoot bubbles. Instead he decides to make it hard on himself, and throws moons at people.

Perhaps he wasn't thinking clearly due to his grief over gamora. Or he was too cocky about his chances.
1. There was alot of element of surprise involved. Thanos believed that it was just Dr Strange until it wasn't

2. Thanos did use the power stone to throw a moon at Iron Man. It's not like he wasn't trying.
Fenrir
Is it overconfidence when you still wipe the floor with everyone?
fightinags2013
AG
Also, Tony and Co knew Thanos closing his fist is how he could activate the stone (from when he showed them older Titan with the reality stone), so they made several efforts to keep him from doing so, which worked at least for a few moments here and there.
AMW2010
AG
TexasAggie_02
AG
AMW2010 said:

Doesn't PG-13 get to have 1 f bomb? This is when you cash in on that.
rhutton125
Farmer1906
AG
That would be too perfect.
The Collective
AG
Putting a surprise F bomb in this movie would be a terrible idea.
hurleyag
AG
Would it be a surprise? Infinity Wars had one.
Bruce Almighty
AG
It did? I don't remember that.
Fenrir
I hate you because now when this doesn't happen I am going to be disappointed.
hurleyag
AG
I could be remembering wrong. tends to happen.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Nick Fury tries to say it before being dusted.
gougler08
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Nick Fury tries to say it before being dusted.
If we're counting that then so did Homecoming at the end when Aunt May sees him in the suit
First Page Last Page
Page 363 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.