*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD - Season 2*****

88,657 Views | 746 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by TajMaballer
R0GUE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Maybe we are supposed to think she is just old now and has lost a step or two since they make it seem like she and Colson came up together.

I think that's actually fair, and also keep in mind for a while May had sworn off violence and was working a desk. I look at May as Black Widow from 10-15 years ago.
Cibalo
I know she swore off fighting in the first few episodes but she has been an active field agent for a while now so I would expect her to be back in full training mode by now.

I will just look at her as being old and slow with her glory days behind her until she does something later on in the season that conflicts with this assumption.
swimmerbabe11
Also keep in mind, she hasn't been hurt or banged up yet IIRC.

So while she may take her time, she also really doesn't get her ass kicked either.

To me, 'Calvary' means that she will win a fight no matter what it takes/isn't afraid to fight dirty. Calvary always does come in at the last to save the day.
Squirrel Master
AG
Cavalry, people. Cavalry.
texasaggie04
AG
Am I the only one who keeps somehow expecting Ward to get involved and turn good again? This episode I half expected Fitz to break him out of the jail to save the team from Agent 33 (before all the virus / exploding plane thing was made obvious).
redline248
AG
Fitz ain't got no love for Ward. Perhaps less than Sky. Remember, he was the last one that refused to believe Ward would turn on them, so he's extra pissed.

Further, I think Ward is too crazy now to really be good again. But knowing how these shows go, he'll eventually be a member of the team again and then snap and betray them all over.
texasaggie04
AG
Definitely no love, I was thinking more out of an act of desperation. Nowhere to turn, nothing to lose. Maybe ward helps save the team and then disappears into the night to track down Skye's dad or something.
R0GUE
AG
Mockingbird kicked ass!! I want to see a Mockingbird-Black Widow throwdown asap!!
jabberwalkie09
AG
Wonder how long they will keep Bobbi Morse around. I mean they got rid of Lucy Lawless' character pretty quickly. Though from interviews regarding how last season (when they were handed the scripts for the rest of the season after screening Cap 2) panned out with Ward, the actors seem to be as much in the dark as we are at times it seems.
CGSC Lobotomy
Still think the doctor is Maximus and the map is to Attilan.
redline248
AG
Was the diviner already discussed on this thread? I can't remember and don't know how many pages back I feel like looking.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
Wonder how long they will keep Bobbi Morse around. I mean they got rid of Lucy Lawless' character pretty quickly. Though from interviews regarding how last season (when they were handed the scripts for the rest of the season after screening Cap 2) panned out with Ward, the actors seem to be as much in the dark as we are at times it seems.

She's a named character in the Marvel U., unlike Lawless' character so I bet she'll stick around a lot longer.

quote:
Was the diviner already discussed on this thread? I can't remember and don't know how many pages back I feel like looking.

It has been, but we didn't know it was named the Diviner until this episode. There has been speculation of it's origin and if it might be an Infinity Stone.

quote:
Still think the doctor is Maximus and the map is to Attilan.

There is a very, very minor character named The Diviner in the comics, who is in fact, an Inhuman. So this is very likely. Well at least its likely Skye and her father are Inhumans, not 100% he is Maximus, although he does seem quite Mad!
toucan82
I don't care who Skye's dad is as long as a giant teleporting dog shows up eventually
bearamedic99
AG
quote:
I don't care who Skye's dad is as long as a giant teleporting dog shows up eventually
Saxsoon
AG
Adrianne Palicki is welcome back anytime
texasaggie04
AG
The episodes are getting good. I'm excited to see what they have planned.
Red Five
AG
I've thought the Inhuman theory was a strong one since back last season. It definitely seems to get stronger as we learn more. I hope they do go in that direction, I would love to see Black Bolt. Although it may be hard to pull off a guy who never speaks and wears a tuning fork on his head.
RingyAg
Ive just caught up with this show and I have a theory.

Since it was implied that Skye was unique, everyone has been wondering is she __________ or maybe ___________. Is she someone from the comic books? What is her power?

Well what do we know about her? She is an alien and her father is played by Kyle Maclachlan. In this last episode KM did his best Tom Jane impression and declared "I just want my family back." Notice: he did not say "daughter," he said "family." So wife? daughters? ....son?

We already know that AoS lives in a real-time concert with the events in Marvel films. When CA2 destroyed SHIELD, AOS destroyed SHIELD on the following episode. Im sure you folks can already guess where I am going with this...GOTG released Aug 1, S2 of AOS started in late September. The rumor is that Starlord's father was being housed in the Collector's depository, when the infinity stone exploded the father was jarred loose from his stasis.

Assuming KM is Starlord's father, he has had time to get back to Earth. If he is attempting to unite his family Terra would be the obvious destination. We already know he has super strength so he may be able to touch an infinity stone and not die (a trait Starlord kinda has)

Now. There is that other thing: the Obelisk. We know its alien. We know KM wants it. So lets assume he is alien. Right? Also, what did the Germans say about the Obelisk "it can unlock the secret to death itself." Well, at the end of Avengers, we had Thanos' minion saying if you screw with earth you are "courting death." Also, Caulson repeated something this last episode saying "wherever Skye goes death follows."

*****comic stuff spoiler******

Word to distract. Trying to mask spoiler.
We know death is sentientish: Death.
More distractions. Its not working.

So why doesnt Starlord have a sister in the comics? Well, I think Skye dies and comic "purity" is retained. I think by the end of this season or S3. Massive death is imminent on Earth and Skye sacrifices herself so Earth isnt destroyed. KM leaves Earth and when he catches up to Starlord, a guardian of the galaxy, and Starlord learns of his sister sacrificing herself, as a guardian herself, he is further motivated toward nobility and defeat Thanos even sacrificing himself if necessary.

One other thing, I really didnt expect Bill Paxton to make it from weaseling Hydra middleman to film, but KM I can totally see his gravitas, status, and acting ability transferring to a bigger role.
Red Five
AG
Interesting theory, but the whole real-time concurrency thing doesnt really work given that Raina was seen speaking to Skye's father at the very end of the season 1 finale, which aired May 13th.
RingyAg
quote:
Interesting theory, but the whole real-time concurrency thing doesnt really work given that Raina was seen speaking to Skye's father at the very end of the season 1 finale, which aired May 13th.
Maybe I am wrong. Or maybe they did that scene just to tease for S2? Also, we dont really know if GOTG isnt happening around the same time as CA2. Maybe "realtime" isnt the correct word. I have a feeling that 8 years from now, you will be able to watch all the films and episodes and it will all fall together.

But I think AoS focusing on alien tech is the bridge to take the Avengers of Earth to the GOTG/Thanos endgame. I fully expect Coulson to be in A2.

redline248
AG
Well, we know Starlord was taken sometime in the 80s, right? GotG was around 20 years later, roughly going on his age as an adult. So it's possible GotG actually happened before CA2...maybe around the time of Ironman.

Edit: Then again, we have to consider if the Collector already had the infinity stone from Thor 2 when the Guardians showed up. I can't remember.
RingyAg
All we know is that GOTG had to happen after A1, Thanos and lackey mentioned the failed Asgardian Loki or some such.

The end of Thor2 with Lady Sif delivering the Aether to the Collector could technically happen after GOTG (it has been leaked the Collector has multiple storage facilities. ) Unless we have "proof" Sif visited the Collector's pad on Nowhere.

The only other thing that I can think of is that Raina was met by KM when she was a child. Who knows how old she is? I guess that could technically make her around the same age as Peter Quill. But that first encounter kinda lends to my idea, because Raina has been with Centipede for years not with KM. KM has must have been absent. Why after 20 years does he suddenly get the urge to put the band back together? He seems to have VERY strong feelings about getting his daughter back. Something must have kept him away from her. And the obvious answer is: he was off world.

And even if he isnt starlord's father, are we all in agreement he is alien?
91_Aggie
AG
No way that AoS kills off Skye
RingyAg
quote:
No way that AoS kills off Skye

Perhaps they don't and just keep her as Starlords sister. I just think when they focus on skyes relationship with death, she obviously fits into the Thanos story somehow.

Well here's an interesting idea, if Thanos learns that death follows skye, she is prime for kidnapping.
tamusc
AG
I think you're just reading far too much into the "death follows her" comment. Interesting thought, but I think that they've dropped too many hints regarding the Inhumans for her to be something else.

Also, Marvel hasn't really jumped around in their movie timeline except where it was obvious (like the first Captain America and the beginning of GotG), so I really don't think that was Skye's father in the cocoon (although I do think it was Adam Warlock in the cocoon).
CGSC Lobotomy
This is Whedon. He kills off main characters all the time.
Red Five
AG
quote:
(although I do think it was Adam Warlock in the cocoon).
I agree here. That makes much more sense to me (and is awesome).
91_Aggie
AG
And he brought back Coulson. Skye is too important as eye candy in AoS to kill off
swimmerbabe11
quote:

Killing Skye would be like actually killing Buffy though. I don't think they could do it.

If one of the AOS Scoobies dies, it'll be Triplett, although he is rumored to appear in the next Avengers.
Red Five
AG
Inhumans movie announced for 2018 and Avengers: Infinity War pts 1 and 2 following. I think we definitely will get inhumans in SHIELD and as said earlier I think we definitely will see Adam Warlock, probably introduced in GotG 2.
Red Five
AG
From the Marvel liveblog of the event today:

quote:
Patrick Cavanaugh:
Question about Inhumans

Patrick Cavanaugh:
"You may find out sooner than you were expecting"

Patrick Cavanaugh:
There might be Easter eggs in the Marvel Studios Universe

toucan82
quote:
Inhumans movie announced for 2018
mother of god
JaxDad
AG
Why would they not knock Ward out to transport him?
RingyAg
quote:
quote:

Killing Skye would be like actually killing Buffy though. I don't think they could do it.

If one of the AOS Scoobies dies, it'll be Triplett, although he is rumored to appear in the next Avengers.
Does Skye really bring anything to AoS other than a pretty face? I get the "Hero's Journey" device where you take the unsuspecting nobody and thrust them into an adventure with a mentor. But in 2014, it takes the death of central characters to spike interest and shakeup the monotony of weekly and same group dynamics.

The core of this show is Coulson and they have already set precedent for using non-humans in the group. So they could introduce supercharged agents instead of these cheap Hawkeye/Romanov facsimiles.
RingyAg
quote:
And he brought back Coulson. Skye is too important as eye candy in AoS to kill off
There are hotter actresses with better range than Chloe Bennet. The initial casting of this show is very talent poor. Its probably the least impressive casting for the Marvel Universe, I get that its TV and not a blockbuster film, but damnit the job of casting directors is to find talent to fit into role. CB is serviceable at best, but it seems they were trying too hard to find an Olivia Munn clone. (Hell that is the demographic they are shooting for.)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.