*****OUTLANDER*****

15,356 Views | 120 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Drawkcab
combat wombat™
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am so excited about this series on Starz that I could just pee myself like an over-excited tea-cup yorkie. Anyone else waiting for it to start?

August 9!!

Everything I've seen said August 9... now I am seeing August 2.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/outlander-series-premiere-date-early-online-preview-1201260943/

[This message has been edited by combat wombatâ„¢ (edited 7/23/2014 1:25p).]
Mucho austin
AG
Is this based off the Jim Caviezel movie but instead of "space guy" it's "time travel guy"?

I loved the movie and the concept.

[This message has been edited by Mucho austin (edited 7/30/2014 3:20p).]
Pollo Libre
I'm really excited about seeing how they do it. I know I'll prefer the books rather than the series or a movie, but it's also fun to see a different interpretation. The chick playing Claire has blue eyes. Gabaldon made so many references to her "whiskey" colored eyes. Already disappoint!

And I realize she's older than Jaime but he looks like a kid compared to her!!
flipper
I am so excited about this. I've watched 300 trailers and teasers in preparation for this weekend.
combat wombat™
AG
I actually need to calm and get Starz. I think you have to watch online this weekend... or are they airing on tv?

[This message has been edited by combat wombatâ„¢ (edited 7/31/2014 7:37p).]
jenn96
AG
I'm pretty excited. None of the characters looked like I had imagined them, especially Jamie but I'm anxious to see it.
combat wombat™
AG
I expected Jamie's hair to be ORANGE. Claire's blue eyes are annoying... but I can live with these things. The costumes look AMAZING.
combat wombat™
AG
I'm going to see if I can watch it at midnight.
combat wombat™
AG
Just watched the first episode on starz.com. CAN'T WAIT TWO WEEKS TO WATCH EPISODE 2!!
AGnBCS
AG
Did the Brits just Remake Dr Quinn Medicine Woman?
flipper
I read a lot of books (like 75ish a year). A lot of those eventually become movies or tv shows. I try not to get too wrapped up in the casting before I see the cast in character because I know it's just an interpretation of the book. When they announced this project, I was most worried about Claire, although I seemed to be one of the only few who were. I knew if I didn't like her in the show, I wouldn't be able to keep watching. Jamie was totally secondary to me but seemed to get everyone riled up on Facebook.

Anyway, I just watched the first episode and I loved it. I loved Claire and the music and the costumes and Jamie and even Frank and basically everything about it. I cannot wait for episode two.
Post removed:
by user
combat wombat™
AG
Duh.
Teacher_Ag
AG
My wife just started reading the book and we're going to start the series. Is this something a dude would enjoy?
Pollo Libre
I was really impressed. She's a good actress. I easily fell into imagining her as the character in the book. Jamie-not so much, but it's tolerable and will hopefully improve. The sex scene in the castle got an eye roll from me. Was that really in the book?
combat wombat™
AG
I've started book 1 again. I don't renege that scene, but haven't gotten that far.

Comments:

1. In the book SHE BUYS THE VASE(ES).

2. Dialog between them and the innkeeper is accurate but was Frank to Claire in the book... not innkeeper to Claire & Frank.

Once I get that far, I'll let you know about the sex scene in the castle. I don't think it happened.
Pollo Libre
I'm tempted to start book 1 again as well but I really want to finish the last one. DECISIONS
combat wombat™
AG
I've already finished the last one. (I cheated - I started reading it and finished it on Audible.)
Pollo Libre
I'm incredibly tempted to ask you how it ends or if Brianna goes back to their time. DON'T TELL ME. I need incentive to pick it up again.
flipper
Pollo: Go finished MOBY!

Teacher_Ag: I think dudes will enjoy it. The first episode was mostly just the main character (Claire) and how she ended up in Scotland in 1743. The rest of the season will be filled with battles and stabbings and sex.

The actress who plays the main character was a Victoria Secret model if that helps too
Teacher_Ag
AG
quote:
filled with battles and stabbings and sex.

say no more
Pollo Libre
SHE WAS!? She does have a nice pair of boobs. I was a little surprised to see them in the first episode!
Clavell
AG
Well these last three posts have got me interested.
combat wombat™
AG
Okay, in the book there WAS a second sex scene but it wasn't in the castle, it was outdoors, when Claire & Frank were heading back from watching the women dance at the stones. It didn't involve cunnilingus as in the Starz show ... but it was "risky" in that they could have been easily discovered.
Pollo Libre
It was her brazen "push" that made me roll my eyes. Claire enjoys sex, but Gabaldon never portrayed her to be so... forward.

That whole love scene seemed very forced. It seemed especially out of character given how reluctant she was when Jaime wants to do it to her!!

Bygones!
flipper
Google Caitriona Balfe victoria's secret if that's your sort of thing.

I was suprised we saw boobs so early too although I don't know why. I've read the books and have cable, lol.
Pollo Libre
Not. Ugly.
GoneGirl
AG
CW - I'm having a premiere party (even though we all watched it this week) at my house on Saturday.

If you're in Houston (or any TexAgs Outlander fans), you're welcome to come over and watch with us.

I expected some changes - that's just part of the adaptation from book to tv. I don't think the color of Claire's eyes is that big a deal. DG talks about it a lot, but that's because she has to create a visualization for the reader, not because it has anything to do really with the story.

Sam is Jamie for me. I wasn't sure at first, but I think my ovaries (where ever they are now) exploded when he talked.

The sex scene was odd, but if you think about it, there shouldn't be any more sex until
SPOILER FOR ANYONE WHO HASNT READ THE BOOK

they get married, which is a good ways away. Starz had to do something to get people's attention.

I loved it and the music was awesome. I've watched that first episode four times already. Once with the husband who was mildly interested.

He did perk up in the castle though.

[This message has been edited by TxElsie (edited 8/5/2014 4:20p).]
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
think my ovaries (where ever they are now) exploded when he talked.

Ha ha... I know what you mean. It is appealing.

I LOVE the intro music, too. (I play the bagpipes and I know that tune.)
Teacher_Ag
AG
I have fond memories of seeing the military tattoo playing the pipes at Edinburgh Castle. What a quintessential Scottish experience.
KeithDB
AG
My wife is eager to watch the series. She knows the author and is excited to see her hitting it big.
combat wombat™
AG
KeithDB, that's pretty awesome!
flipper
Critics on Rotten Tomatoes seem to like it.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/outlander/
GoneGirl
AG
On the fence about watching it?

Teacher_Ag
AG
Just watched the premier with my wife. It strikes me as a bit chick-flicky, but at least the setting is cool. Maybe it'll grow on me after the first episode.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.