The Incredibles 2

13,667 Views | 126 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by rynning
Btron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rynning said:

I'll add another dissenting view that 2 wasn't as good as 1, including both the story and the animation. It was still very fun and enjoyable.

I also think Holly Hunter's voice has gone downhill to the point where she should have re-done some of her lines, but maybe that's just me.
BRACE YOURSELF!!!
G Martin 87
AG
Regarding voices, the only one that seemed way off to me occasionally was Craig Nelson. Mr. Incredible sounded like a 74 year old man I don't mean tired or sleep-deprived; that's part of the plot. I mean in timbre and tone of Nelson's voice. Mr. Incredible's voice sounded thin and reedy, especially during the Underminer fight. Can't really do much about that, I suppose. Nelson really is 74 now. If there is an Incredibles 3, Pixar has better not wait another 14 years.
Clavell
AG
Went with 3 grand daughters (10, 8, 5). Definitely darker and more intense than first. The 10 year old liked it, but scared the 8 and 5 in places and they didn't like it as much.
LeonardSkinner
Regarding the short. I was unsure where it was going through most of it (but obviously the ending tied it together). But as I think about it now, I'm like... there's a lot of kids watching this, and they see a mother raising a dumpling child, protecting it, feeding it, etc... and then when it upsets her, she eats it?

I'm kinda surprised it hasn't been talked about more.
M.C. Swag
AG
LeonardSkinner said:

Regarding the short. I was unsure where it was going through most of it (but obviously the ending tied it together). But as I think about it now, I'm like... there's a lot of kids watching this, and they see a mother raising a dumpling child, protecting it, feeding it, etc... and then when it upsets her, she eats it?

I'm kinda surprised it hasn't been talked about more.
I feel like the short was really good...it was just put in front of the wrong audience. It was obviously a metaphorical allegory of her relationship with her son and how he shut her out of his life. When she ate the dumpling, tons of people in my theatre were actually LAUGHING...it just didn't carry the intended emotional punch because an audience full of children took it at face value.
Sazerac
AG
I'm in the 7 or 8 out of 10 camp.
Action scenes galore.
Some humor but not enough IMO.
The scene where she finds and fights the bad guy in the hypo room was really well done.

It was missing something emotionally....

And in our theater the sound was ridiculously over the top. Daughter and I both covered our ears during every action scene.
Carlo4
AG
Swarely said:

Did anyone else get a major lesbian vibe from Evelyn to elastigirl? Not that there's anything wrong with that (other than she's married).

Also, Evelyn Deavor? It was so blatantly obvious that I was actually waiting for a scooby doo red herring thing to happen.

Evil Endeavor
TexasAggie_02
AG
Took my 3 year old on saturday, she loved it.

I had her watch the first one Friday night. She now calls her 10 month old little brother "monster baby" when he loses his sh*t.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
The fight between Jack Jack and the raccoon was, by far, the funniest scene in a movie I've seen in a long, long time.

It just kept going, and going, and going....and I loved every second of it.
Swarely
PDEMDHC said:

Swarely said:

Did anyone else get a major lesbian vibe from Evelyn to elastigirl? Not that there's anything wrong with that (other than she's married).

Also, Evelyn Deavor? It was so blatantly obvious that I was actually waiting for a scooby doo red herring thing to happen.

Evil Endeavor

Right?! So ridiculous.
mslags97
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

The fight between Jack Jack and the raccoon was, by far, the funniest scene in a movie I've seen in a long, long time.

It just kept going, and going, and going....and I loved every second of it.

So much hilarity in that scene!!! I loved it! My kiddos loved it! We all had a family night it watch the first one since it came out before all but 1 of my kiddos was born, and he wasn't even a year old. All three of them liked it more than the first. I did as well. Maybe not as creative as the first, but I thought it was funnier. Great movie!

I am one of those that wants new ideas in Hollywood for creative movies, but I would take a third of these in a heartbeat!!!
TP Ag '87
AG
Family, with 8 and 6 year old daughters, went on Friday. Girls loved it. Wife and I enjoyed as well.

And, echoing someone else's sentiment: the sound was REALLY loud.

All in all, nice family night.
The Collective
AG
I don't think I've ever seen my kids laugh that hard. Just an enjoyable experience.
jackie childs
i can't believe we didn't get a scene with a Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul reunion of Jimmy/Saul and Mike.

also, i was hoping they'd include a nod to infinity war. maybe have jack-jack's teleporting involve him turning to dust before re-animating elsewhere?
KidDoc
AG
Loved it! Thought it was a worthy sequal.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ac04
enjoyed the movie except for holly hunter's voice work. really awful, to the point where it was distracting throughout the movie. something about the way she slops around the letter S is extremely irritating.
Flashdiaz
AG
ac04 said:

enjoyed the movie except for holly hunter's voice work. really awful, to the point where it was distracting throughout the movie. something about the way she slops around the letter S is extremely irritating.
I'm going to guess you're not a fan of Lou Holtz either.
Bruce Almighty
AG
ac04 said:

It was like she was trying to impersonate Jodie Foster in Silence of the Lambs.
CrottyKid
AG
I wondered at one point whether Elastagirl was wearing a retainer at bedtime.
bearamedic99
AG
Surprised no one mentioned when Vi notices Tony pouring the water. That also got a huge laugh in our theater.
FTACO97
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

ac04 said:

Ya'll don't have much experience with Holly Hunter I take it? That's her normal voice. It isn't like she's putting it on for Incredibles. She sounded the same in the first one.
ac04
FTACO97 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

ac04 said:

Ya'll don't have much experience with Holly Hunter I take it? That's her normal voice. It isn't like she's putting it on for Incredibles. She sounded the same in the first one.
disagree, she was much worse this time around. i went back and watched part of the first one and its not even close, she can't say the letter S anymore for whatever reason.

i'm not suggesting she was putting anything on, this may be her normal voice now. i'm suggesting that 14 years after the first one, her new voice normally sucks.
rynning
AG
Btron said:

rynning said:

I'll add another dissenting view that 2 wasn't as good as 1, including both the story and the animation. It was still very fun and enjoyable.

I also think Holly Hunter's voice has gone downhill to the point where she should have re-done some of her lines, but maybe that's just me.
BRACE YOURSELF!!!
For what?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.