The Incredibles 2

13,671 Views | 126 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by rynning
cone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.forbes.com/sites/briansolomon/2014/03/18/disney-reveals-new-sequels-to-the-incredibles-and-cars-to-fuel-growth/

quote:
At Walt Disney's DIS +0.74% annual shareholders meeting on Tuesday, CEO Bob Iger revealed two new sequels in Pixar’s pipeline: a third “Cars” and a second “The Incredibles” film to be released sometime after 2015. Disney is counting on more success from its already established franchises. The first two “Cars” films netted over $1 billion in global box office sales, and “The Incredibles” banked an additional $630 million.
MSFC Aggie
AG
yes + eleventy billion on Incredibles 2.....not so much on Cars 3
Saxsoon
AG
Where's my supersuit?!
fig96
AG
quote:
yes + eleventy billion on Incredibles 2.....not so much on Cars 3

That's pretty much the internet's reaction outside of the 2-8 year old male demographic.

The Incredibles is one of my all time favorite films and Brad Bird has shown himself to be a pretty fantastic filmmaker, have really high hopes for this one.
Saints Roost
Incredibles 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate Cars.
R0GUE
AG
"Whyyyyyyy do you neeeed it?"
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
It's for the greater good!
Inspector Spacetime
AG
I've been so eagerly anticipating the inevitable sequel of The Incredibles, so this is amazing news to finally have it confirmed. The Incredibles is in the pantheon of Pixar's greatest films and is probably one of my favorite three or four along with Ratatouille and Wall-E.

Cars 3... I understand why they're doing it. It's a goldmine in spite of being the most obviously weak movies in their repertoire. Like FX is doing with Anger Management and the new (presumably ****ty) George Lopez show, if Pixar wants to make some more commercially safe movies like this one to pay the bills, then go for it. Though it's not like the rest of their movies which ARE critically acclaimed are tanking in the box office.

I actually somewhat liked the original Cars, probably because I was 17 and Pixar had done no wrong till that point, but I couldn't even finish half of Cars 2, so I don't foresee checking it out unless reviews are surprisingly good.

All that stuff aside...

aspfihapobivj:SDIOJCPAWOEIGPAIOWAVJPBOIQH[ Incredibles sequel!!
amercer
EMY92
AG
What has taken so long in the Incredibles? The first movie ended with a lead into a second one.
R0GUE
AG
Pixar does stuff on their own schedule, which is one of the things that makes them a great company. They don't rush stuff out there just to do it.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Good lord, I had no idea it has been 10 years since The Incredibles was released.
fig96
AG
quote:
What has taken so long in the Incredibles? The first movie ended with a lead into a second one.

I'd bet it's mostly due to Brad Bird and his schedule. He did Ratatouille after Incredibles then made the jump to live action with MI4, all while 1906 was in the works, and he's now working on Tomorrowland due out next year.

The Incredibles is his baby and there's no way they'd let anyone else do it, it would have to be his story and it doesn't sound like he's really been focused on that till recently.
DrQuincy
AG
quote:
I am your WIFE! I am the greatest good you are ever goin' to get!

TXAGFAN
AG
quote:
Pixar does stuff on their own schedule, which is one of the things that makes them a great company. They don't rush stuff out there just to do it.
Um...Planes?
DrQuincy
AG
I believe Planes was a Disney project set in the same universe as Cars.
jokershady
AG
i dont think "Planes" was technically Pixar....
jokershady
AG
now that i'm a parent, i just love this line at the beginning at the dinner scene....

quote:
KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDSSSS............listen to your mother.
fig96
AG
Planes was originally planned as direct to DVD and ended up as a theatrical release when they really liked the early footage (and, I'd imagine, when they realized how much it would make at the box office).

It was done by Disney Toon Studios, not Pixar, though the Disney/Pixar line is blurring at times these days.
el aggie
AG
Honestly I was sure there was already an Incredibles 2 and was kind of disappointed I hadn't seen it yet. I guess this makes me feel better?
Madmarttigan
TXAGFAN
AG
quote:
Planes was originally planned as direct to DVD and ended up as a theatrical release when they really liked the early footage (and, I'd imagine, when they realized how much it would make at the box office).

It was done by Disney Toon Studios, not Pixar, though the Disney/Pixar line is blurring at times these days.

Fair enough...it sucked is all I'm saying.
israeliag
AG

I have never been more excited for an animated film my entire life
FL_Ag1998
AG
Please let this be a worthy successor and not a Cars 2 scenario!
Yoda
AG
Can't wait! A lot to live up to, but I have confidence in Brad Bird and Pixar.
Do, or do not. There is no try.
SeattleAgJr
Yoda said:

Can't wait! A lot to live up to, but I have confidence in Brad Bird and Pixar.
didn't he direct Tomorrowland.....
Yoda
AG
Yep. That one was certainly a disappointment. He is batting 1.000 on all his animated films.

• The Iron Giant
  • The Incredibles
  • Ratatouille

Since he always said he wouldn't do a sequel to this one unless he had a perfect story he felt needed to be told, I believe the odds of this being weak are low.
Do, or do not. There is no try.
Philip J Fry
AG
The greater good.
fig96
AG
Hell yes.

Saxsoon
AG
I like the take they are going with on this. And obviously this is only the first 1/3 of the movie too.
boboguitar
AG
This movie looks amazing..especially since crotch spawn number 2 comes out in may.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
"Why would they change math??!? MATH IS MATH!!!"
The Collective
AG
I wasn't crazy about the first one. I know I am in the minority here. I'll give this one a shot since I actually have little kids now.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
...and I knew that tycoon's voice sounded familiar. It's Bob Odenkirk. Awesome.
jokershady
AG
Awesome awesome awesome!

So happy it seems they're going to do more with the family dynamic of everyday problems with the added in everyone's a super hero....that's what made the first one so much fun.

This looks great!
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.