***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,767,271 Views | 16570 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by dcaggie04
Zombie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think he would have. Every match advanced their storyline for the better and had completely unpredictable endings. Up until the main event, this was going to be a top 10 Wrestlemania
Bunk Moreland
Highlight of the night was Shaq wearing his throwback pump shoes
Mr.KyleReed
AG

This might help
Geralt of Rivia
S
How I felt when the Wyatts got buried

Mr.KyleReed
AG
To go back to way earlier, i think that was Brie's last match. There's an interview on YouTube from WWE of the twins talking. Nikki tearing up saying that she's sad the last time to be with her sister in a ring wasn't a match, but at least they shared a hug.

Also mentioned that there will be a mommy bella, so it seems brie is done to start a family with Byran. Good for them.
Scotty Flamingo
Thinking back on it...the post new day segment would have been thr perfect timr to debut bullet club. Not complaining though. What we got was the best part of the whole show
TRM
AG
Tomorrow on Raw, I hope we see:
KO mixing it up with Reigns leading to a match at Payback,
Sasha calling out Charlotte setting up a summer of Sasha vs Charlotte,
Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows running to rescue AJ Styles after an attack from Y2J, and
Shane holding out on his secret for another chance at control of Raw.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
quote:
Tomorrow on Raw, I hope we see:
KO mixing it up with Reigns leading to a match at Payback,
Sasha calling out Charlotte setting up a summer of Sasha vs Charlotte,
Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows running to rescue AJ Styles after an attack from Y2J, and
Shane holding out on his secret for another chance at control of Raw.

Bayley Debut at SummerSlam? Or tomorrow?
Mr.KyleReed
AG
TRM
AG
Tomorrow. I'd like to ease her onto the main roster, so the sooner the better.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
WWW, here's a post mania podcast that the guys at WrestlingInc did with Vince Russo that I think you'll enjoy. Try to watch it before raw.

Also, if you want, take a drink (not a shot, you'll die) take a drink, everytime Vince Russo says "Bro"

Also, the main guy looks like Billy and Johnny's love child.

aTmLoKi
AG
I fell asleep during the main event. I don't think there was a way to deny the inevitability of the "Roman Empire." I was okay with the outcome and saw it equivalent to just ripping the band-aid off a deep wound instead of trying to slowly remove it.

I was okay with some of the surprise/non-telegraphed endings with the exception of the AJ Styles/Y2J and Women's Title Match. For the latter, I thought the match was great, but Sasha should have had her "moment" with a victory. Charlotte has held the title for quite a while. I know they can continue with the "chase of the title" and Charlotte has gotten over as a great heel, but I thought they lost a great opportunity last night. Again, it was an ending that really wasn't predicted.

Y2J and AJ just baffles me. Maybe Y2J was tired of putting others over at Wrestlemania and needed to get back some of his legitimacy? AJ Styles is not Fandango though...

Lastly, what happened with the McMahon/HiaC angle? Vince didn't even show up or play a role with any part of that match. I felt that was the best angle moving forward for some sort of storyline or angle and it fizzled out. Obviously, they can spin something out of it tonight, but for the most part - they didn't leave the general audience with an overwhelming sense to tune in tonight to see what happens (outside of the fact that it is the Monday after Wrestlemania - and we'll watch by default).
Dread Pirate Roberts
I'm thrilled that Ryder won. I haven't gotten that little kid excited about a wrestling match, since the Road Warriors left. I haven't been watching the last few months and wasn't expecting this at all. I was actually thrilled that he even got to be included, but just assumed he was an injury replacement and wouldn't factor into it. Has he been on Raw lately? Does anyone have any ideas to where this is going? I really hope he doesn't lose it tonight to Owens. There's no way I'll miss another Raw as long as he has the title.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Apparently Ryder has been having some good matches on superstars. Listing to the podcast above and Vince Russo, he said it'll be interesting to see where this goes. He said that the obvious choice was sami or Owens, but you can push that story without a title involved, and use the title to push someone else over. He hopes they keep going with Ryder, and if it's a short lived thing, they why even have him win it. Interested to see what happens tonight.
toucan82
IC title = throw it on someone and hope something good happens
Dread Pirate Roberts
quote:
Apparently Ryder has been having some good matches on superstars. Listing to the podcast above and Vince Russo, he said it'll be interesting to see where this goes. He said that the obvious choice was sami or Owens, but you can push that story without a title involved, and use the title to push someone else over. He hopes they keep going with Ryder, and if it's a short lived thing, they why even have him win it. Interested to see what happens tonight.
It wouldn't be the first time WWE's done something like that, though. Even to established stars like rebuilding Ziggler up in Survivor Series a year or so ago to be the hero of the company and he's been putting over Rusev, Owens, and Breeze ever since.
Dan Scott
AG
Investors sold the stock down after their conference call today. They had 1.8M subscribers watch the event but a lot of them were free.
MW13
AG
Did it sound to anybody else like the crowd had been muted at the end last night? I may just be crazy but it sounded like the boos were raining down all night on Roman and then nothing at the end. I expected it to be a lot louder but it was almost like nothing. No boos and no real cheering.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
There were "boring" chants, sami zayns o-lay chants, and tons of other random chants during the Roman/HHH patch haha
Wolfpac 08
AG
quote:
Did it sound to anybody else like the crowd had been muted at the end last night? I may just be crazy but it sounded like the boos were raining down all night on Roman and then nothing at the end. I expected it to be a lot louder but it was almost like nothing. No boos and no real cheering.

I was there. If you didn't hear it on TV...they definitely had it muted. The boos rained down (no pun intended) at the end.
The Shank Ag
Wonder if we see Shane tonight?

Gone 5 years working on other ventures, wonder if this was a one time thing or if he's back for good
Mr.KyleReed
AG
I wouldnt thing he's back for good, but if WWE can remember they had continuity on this match, then they have to do something with that lockbox Shane had. (Essentially blackmailing Vince, at least from what I took away from that segment)
Scotty Flamingo
quote:

Oh it was defintely turned down. They tried covering it up with fireworks too....it happened during his entrance to. If you go back and watch it you can hear the crowd being turned down.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Raw after Mania, here we go
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Vince opening segment
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Hey, he mentioned the lockbox. Said he took care of it, blew it off.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Woah, Vince said when Shane went to the top of the cage, it got to him. He didn't realize how much Shane wanted it.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Enter Shane.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
*to set the scene this is all happening on top of stage
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Shane came out to 1) shake Vince's hand, 2) thank the fans. Which he got emotional doing. You still got it chants.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Shane tried to walk out, Vince said you don't get off that easy.

"Let him run it" chants

To prove how crazy this idea is, Vince gives Shane raw tonight.
The Shank Ag
They sure are hammering home he's in charge TONIGHT
Mr.KyleReed
AG
End segment, enter new day.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Last night wasn't for tag team belt? New day still champs
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Heeey, it's a new day chants
First Page Last Page
Page 97 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.