***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,766,091 Views | 16570 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by dcaggie04
MooseJr1994
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That was bad.
Not a Bot
AG
I don't know what to think about that match. The crowd was completely dead. It's almost 12 freaking 30 in the morning in New Jersey.

And the finish was just weird.
Scotty Flamingo
I'm usually pretty positive about wwe. I loved that Kofi, seth, and Becky won...but that will go down as one of the worst manias ever
Texan_Aggie
AG
At some point WWE should consider a two night WM. That our cut about half of the matches we had tonight out of it.
Legal Custodian
AG
Such a weak finish
Scotty Flamingo
And maybe I'm just saying that because its midnight..but damn. They gotta do something about the length
Scotty Flamingo
Texan_Aggie said:

At some point WWE should consider a two night WM. That our cut about half of the matches we had tonight out of it.

THIS!!!! Njpw is doing this with wrestle kingdom.

Everyone is just exhausted after 7 hours of wrestling. Plus you have nxt..hof..and all the other shows. It's just too much
Icecream_Ag
S
whats up with the super tables tonight????

Texan_Aggie
AG
Good wrestlemania, not great. Least memorable one in the last 5 years, at least. Story lines were weak and finishes were predictable. No swerves or surprise returns.

Any WM where Baron Corbin gets a match in the last hour whereas Braun/Asuka/Hardy Brothers are relegated to the kickoff show... well, just not it.
Bunk Moreland
Pretty middle of the road. Some highlights. Some lowlights. Some weird spots. Interesting and probably good decision to split the 3 huge face over moments at beginning / middle / end to give each appropriate moments.

I think they wrote the end the way they did to give Ronda something to hold on to if she returns in a few years after having kids and it doesn't make her look weak. Additionally, it naturally sets up Becky & Charlotte each taking a title or having a long program together since Ronda is leaving.
Not a Bot
AG
Butcher of Blaviken said:

I'm usually pretty positive about wwe. I loved that Kofi, seth, and Becky won...but that will go down as one of the worst manias ever

I thought it was a solid show apart from the length. A lot of pointless fluff, could have cut an hour out of it at least.

There were 4 - 5 things that could have been cut or reduced:

- No reason for the 8 man tag match.
- AJ/RO wasn't meaningful
- Roman/Drew rivalry created to get Roman on the card
- HHH/Bautista was way too long
- Dance break
- Over 20 minutes from end of previous match to start of women's title
- Demon/lashley was so rushed there's no reason to even have it
Bunk Moreland
Also, **** the camera work. Holy **** so many quick cuts.
Not a Bot
AG
And if you notice, the time between matches with commercial breaks is just silly now. They didn't even do ridiculously elaborate entrances for the most part today and it still dragged.
maverick2076
I thought that was a pretty good WM overall. The problem is that everything after Kofi's win was a letdown. Ronda just can't hang in a real match. Senior citizen match was bad. Joe vs. Rey was a squash. Lashley vs. Balor was flat. Corbin sucks.

Kofi's win was great. AJ and Randy has a great match. IIconics win was awesome. We might even get a heel Cena. Fatal 4 way for the tag belts was solid.

Olsen
AG
Best Wrestlemania events in the 2010 decade my perspective:

1. 28
2. 30
3. 26
4. 27
5. 35
6. 33
7. 31
8. 29
9. 34
10. 32
permabull
AG
dcaggie04
AG
The reason for the length and number of matches is two-fold.
1. Since they broadcast this on the network, they don't care too much about length.
2. Vince wants to put as many people on the show as possible so they can get the "wrestlemania bonus". It's his way of rewarding everyone each year.
Olsen
AG
Batista retires from professional wrestling for good this time.

Ambres
AG

Butcher is the overall winner!!!!!! Congrats.

WRESTLEMANIA PREDICATION:
Ambres: 9 of 12
Butcher: 9 of 12
Cactus Jack: 7 of 12
Icecream_Ag: 6 of 12

PRESHOW:
Cactus Jack: 1 of 4
Ambres: 0 of 4
Icecream_Ag: 0 of 4
Butcher: 2 of 4 *** Note.. predication were provided after kickoff

The early matches of Wrestlemania were very good. Shane and Miz to me were the match of the night.
We had too many triple 4-way tag team match. We had to squash matches for wrestlemania that should have been cut for time and feature on Raw today. Triple H vs Bautista was better then I predicted.. they told a pretty good story and I was impressed that Bautista allowed himself to take some of those bumps. The main event was great but not awesome. It felt like the feature match of Raw... but glad to see Becky as the first United Women Champion. The worst match for me was the Universal Championship match.. also sad that we did not see Dean Ambrose.. was hoping for something from him .. a nice way to send him off. In fact, he should have been the one to fight Kurt Angle. Dean vs Angle would have been Hugh and it would have been the striker vs the wrestler match.

Winner take all - Raw women's championship and SmackDown women's championship (main event)
Raw champion Ronda Rousey vs. Becky Lynch vs. SmackDown champion Charlotte Flair
Ambres Pick: Becky Lynch .. with Ronda taking time off.
Cactus Jack Pick: Flair
Icecream_Ag: no decision. Ronda "hurt" to take time off. Becky to Raw full time with a tourney for the vacated belt.
Butcher: Becky Lynch

Intercontinental championship
Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Finn Balor
Ambres Pick: Finn Balor
Cactus Jack: Finn Balor (as the Demon)
Icecream_Ag: Balor by DQ, Lashley retains ** He won but not by DQ.. will count it since a win is a win.
Butcher: Balor

Kurt Angle's retirement match --- WINNER BARON CORBIN
Kurt Angle vs. Baron Corbin
Ambres Pick: Baron Corbin wins but John Cena shows up and interferes after he match
Cactus Pick: Angle beats someone not named Corbin *** I hope you are right
Icecream_Ag: Corbin crushed by Nia Jax backstage. The Rock makes a random 1 time appearance since Austin cant anymore
Butcher: Angle .. only to be followed by Angle vs Cena .. then Cena

No holds barred (If Triple H loses, he must retire) --- nobody.. oh officially TRIPLE H
Triple H vs. Batista
Ambres Pick: Triple H wins and nobody will care.. best entrance prediction
Cactus Pick HHH (he isn't doing a job at Wrestlemania)
Ice Cream: HHH. While I think he's soon to go back stage full time, he will do a pass the torch match to do so, not Batista.
Butcher: HHH

Drew McIntyre vs. Roman Reigns --- WINNER ROMAN REIGNS
Ambres Pick: Roman Reigns.. time to bury Drew...
Cactus Pick: Roman Reigns
Icecream_Ag: Drew McIntyre
Butcher: Roman Reigns

United States championship --- WINNER SAMOA JOE
Samoa Joe (c) vs. Rey Mysterio
Ambres Pick: Samoa Joe
Cactus Jack: Samoa Joe
Icecream_Ag: Samoa Joe
Butcher: Samoa Joe

WWE championship --- WINNER KOFI KINGSTON .. nice match
Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Kofi Kingston
Ambres Pick: Daniel Bryan - they will tell an amazing story.. this one will be very good.
Cactus Jack: Daniel Bryan (with help from Wyatts...welcome back Bray?)
Ice Cream: Kofi Clean
Butcher: Kofi

WWE women's tag team championships --- WINNER THE IICONICS .. YES the IICONICS
Bayley & Sasha Banks (c) vs. Natalya & Beth Phoenix vs. Nia Jax & Tamina Snuka vs. The IIconics
Ambres Pick: Iiconics.. surprise win ...
Cactus Pick: IIconics
Icecream_Ag: Boss & Hug (against my better thoughts)
Butcher: Banks and Sasha

Shane McMahon vs. The Miz --- WINNER AND STILL THE BEST >> SHANE MCMAHON
Ambres Pick: The Miz
Cactus Pick: The Miz
Icecream_Ag: The Miz
Butcher: Miz

SmackDown tag team championships --- WINNER USOS
The Usos (c) vs. Aleister Black & Ricochet vs. The Bar vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Rusev
Ambres Pick: The Usos.
Cactus Pick: Nakamura/Rusev
Icecream_Ag: The Bar
Butcher: Usos

AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton --- WINNER AJ STYLES
Ambres Pick: Randy Orton
Cactus Pick: AJ
Icecream_Ag Pick: AJ
Butcher: AJ

Universal championship --- WINNER SETH "FREAKIN" ROLLINS
Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Seth Rollins
Ambres Pick: Seth Rollins .. time to make the championship belt back in the tv picture
Cactus Jack : Rollins (or just retire the Raw belt)
Icecream_Ag: Rollins
Butcher: Rollins

----------------------------------------KICKOFF SHOW-----------------------------------------

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal - WINNER BRAUN STROWMAN
Confirmed entrants: Braun Strowman, Michael Che, Colin Jost, Apollo Crews, Titus O'Neil, Tyler Breeze, Jinder Mahal, No Way Jose, Bobby Roode, Chad Gable, Kalisto, Gran Metalik, Lince Dorado, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, Heath Slater, Rhyno, Konnor, Viktor, Andrade, Mustafa Ali, Shelton Benjamin, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Otis Dozovic, Tucker Knight, EC3
Ambres Pick: Andrade
Cactus Pick Andrade
Icecream_Ag: EC3
Butcher: Strowman

Raw tag team champions --- WINNER RYDER/HAWKINS!! (Revival probably dropping belt before they leave?)
The Revival (c) vs. Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins
Ambres Pick: The Revival
Cactus Pick: Ryder/Hawkins
Icecream_Ag: The Revival
Butcher: Ryder/Hawkins

WrestleMania Women's Battle Royal --- WINNER CARMELLA
Confirmed entrants: Asuka, Carmella, Naomi, Dana Brooke, Mickie James, Ruby Riott, Liv Morgan, Sarah Logan, Lana, Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville, Zelina Vega, Nikki Cross
Ambres Pick: Asuka
Cactus Pick: Sonya Deville
Icecream_Ag: Ruby Riott
Butcher: Asuka

Cruiserweight championship --- WINNER Tony Nese
Buddy Murphy (c) vs. Tony Nese
Ambres Pick: Murphy
Cactus Jack: Murphy
Icecream_Ag: Murphy
Butcher: Murphy
Bunk Moreland
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Batista retires from professional wrestling for good this time.

Ladies & gentlemen I want to be the first before Michael Cole to officially announce Batista as a member of the 2020 HOF.
J182
AG
With all the hype for the main event, it felt meh to me. Overall it was kind of sloppy and Becky winning was never not going to happen.

The Kofi/DB match, I just didn't know if VKM was going to run full steam with Kofi. So, that felt like it was more of a "wow" moment.
Bunk Moreland
J-Quob said:

With all the hype for the main event, it felt meh to me. Overall it was kind of sloppy and Becky winning was never not going to happen.

The Kofi/DB match, I just didn't know if VKM was going to run full steam with Kofi. So, that felt like it was more of a "wow" moment.

Agree but the more I thought about it, the more I realized Becky winning was never going to match the buildup. We want it, we're happy about it, and she deserves it, but it was so hyped along with the "women main eventing" that they could have had a 7 * match and we'd be not feeling like it jived with the build.

Kofi's was less serious for fans imo and more fun the way they built it so it came off as great.
Zombie
Overall, this did not feel like Wrestlemania at all. Just another PPV. No Rock. No Stone Cold. And seriously, no Undertaker???

The whole thing was WAY too long. It seems to me that lately, there just isn't any emotion or passion coming from the superstars. They just all seem to be going through the motions. WWE has really become very bland. I am hoping AEW lives up to the hype.

If only they would give HHH total control. NXT is far superior to the main roster. It almost reminds me of the difference between NCAA basketball and the NBA.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Overall, I enjoyed the show. It was just too long
Bobcat06
AG
I have a tendency to compare the current product with the attitude era. Back in the day, superstars were likeable because they were funny.

Rock, Stone Cold, Jericho, Angle, Cena, Edge, Christian were all hilarious. They make you laugh so you feel an emotional connection and root for them. There's a place for the badass bruisers, but they need to be balanced out.

Looking at the younger talent, I wonder "who are the funny ones?" The answer I come up with is Elias and New Day. I think this a big part of the problem with Roman Reigns, Baron Corbin and others. Vince is trying to make us like them when they haven't shown that they are funny or likeable.
Geralt of Rivia
S
The Iiconics are pretty funny, also
Bunk Moreland
Same with KO & Rusev who are also well liked.
Sports-Ag
AG
Reports are saying Ronda has a broken hand. Wasn't she's suppose to take time off after Wrestlemania? Could be a storyline to give her a break.
Olsen
AG
Quote:

All Elite Wrestling will have a weekly two-hour live TV show that premieres in October.

AEW had been negotiating with two major cable networks and both networks were interested in signing with AEW to stream their major events, such as Double Or Nothing. These two networks already have streaming platforms. Officials did not want to talk about the deal for fear of jinxing it.

The May 25 Double Or Nothing event should tell us a lot more on the TV deal for AEW as Double Or Nothing will likely air on the streaming service of the cable network that the promotion is signing with. The cable network they are close to signing with has been described as a "key cable network."

AEW is also reportedly working on an international TV deal that is said to be "pretty significant" for the company.

Wow. I am believing it more and more everyday that it's Turner Sports with the TV deal.
Zombie
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Quote:

All Elite Wrestling will have a weekly two-hour live TV show that premieres in October.

AEW had been negotiating with two major cable networks and both networks were interested in signing with AEW to stream their major events, such as Double Or Nothing. These two networks already have streaming platforms. Officials did not want to talk about the deal for fear of jinxing it.

The May 25 Double Or Nothing event should tell us a lot more on the TV deal for AEW as Double Or Nothing will likely air on the streaming service of the cable network that the promotion is signing with. The cable network they are close to signing with has been described as a "key cable network."

AEW is also reportedly working on an international TV deal that is said to be "pretty significant" for the company.

Wow. I am believing it more and more everyday that it's Turner Sports with the TV deal.
If it's Turner, that would be amazing
Ambres
AG
Kofi vs Seth Rollin should be good especially since this is a non-heel match.. both guys are faces and I can see them dropping both belt on Kofi and try and milk the fan reaction.

Most likely it will end in a no-decision.
Scotty Flamingo
Ambres was the real MVP of last night. That was fun. Are you planning on doing that for all PPVs? Or just the big ones?

Also I hope there wont be any fishy finishes tonight. I've always preferred one main champ
Scotty Flamingo
I wonder if they'll try to turn new day heel tonight?
Olsen
AG
I can see Seth Rollins holding double championship belts tonight like his counterpart Becky Lynch.
Ambres
AG
Butcher of Blaviken said:

Ambres was the real MVP of last night. That was fun. Are you planning on doing that for all PPVs? Or just the big ones?

Also I hope there wont be any fishy finishes tonight. I've always preferred one main champ
Thanks. If folks want, I might do it for the main PPVs .. I usually don't watch the small ones live because of family obligations.

They might unified both belts until Oct when the Fox deal occurs. I don't see NBC and Fox wanting to share champions. (one of the reason I hate that they are showing WWE RAW and Smackdown on separate network)

Crap Baron Corbin is on.. time to get a drink.

I am back.. Lars Sullivan is on
First Page Last Page
Page 282 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.