***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,767,905 Views | 16570 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by dcaggie04
Dread Pirate Roberts
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Speaking of Flair, how can they have two of the greatest talkers ever in a ring and stay silent while Hall and Nash talk. I loved the Outsiders, especially Hall, but they can't compare to Flair and Piper.

As a kid, I loved the Hogan v Piper v Orndorff triangle, so it was great to see them all together tonight.
Dread Pirate Roberts
Has anyone ever seemed to enjoy being a non-respected, side show jobber as much as Slater. No matter how much of it is an act, its fun to watch someone that seems like he's having fun.
Icecream_Ag
S
and he's finally getting some wins, no matter how assisted they are.
Texaggie7nine
Probably the same reason he got to keep his job while the other 2 got the boot.

ShawnTxAg
AG
I'm baffled how they keep going week in and week out with these bullS&*@ boring a%& story lines and no big names wrestling. I get it, some of these guys are great wrestlers and excellent on the mic, but you gotta bring more to the party. Jericho, Zigs and the occasional good tag match isn't gonna keep the fans around. This Brie, Steph angle better be a set up for something huge bc it's boring as sh#@ and wasting way too much time.
Geralt of Rivia
S
quote:
Has anyone ever seemed to enjoy being a non-respected, side show jobber as much as Slater. No matter how much of it is an act, its fun to watch someone that seems like he's having fun.

I've enjoyed it, and felt the same about Damien Sandow's weekly costume change for his weekly beat down. It seems like he's having fun coming up with those
Zombie
Shawn, the sad truth is, we will never have another span like we did with the Attitude Era. Wrestling was absolutely amazing then. But finding people like Stone Cold, The Rock, NWO, Undertaker, Hardy Boys, DegenerationX, etc is going to be tough. And we had them all at the same time! From 95-05 was the best wrestling has ever been.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
Shawn, the sad truth is, we will never have another span like we did with the Attitude Era. Wrestling was absolutely amazing then. But finding people like Stone Cold, The Rock, NWO, Undertaker, Hardy Boys, DegenerationX, etc is going to be tough. And we had them all at the same time! From 95-05 was the best wrestling has ever been.

dont forget that WWE owns the televised wrestling market. They dont have to sell out every week to beat WCW, so they run a couple of big names out to wrestle and send out the usual suspects to spit the same BS they've been spitting since WWE bought WCW and people keep eating it up.
Zombie
What really needs to happen is for someone like Rupert Murdoch needs to get Fox Networks involved in the pro wrestling circuit somehow. He is the only one with the kind of money it would take to create a rival promotion to WWE. I could easily see something like TNA be rebranded and put on FX and drive the competition up. WWE has let go of some great talent recently that could easily fill a rival promotion.
Zombie
If you aren't watching, you need to turn it to Spike and watch TNA. The Hardys and Dudley Boys are going to fight one more time!!!
Zombie
So last night was the first time in a long time that I watched TNA. I have to say, the level of talent there is actually pretty amazing. Some of the moves I saw I thought to myself that you would never see them in WWE. Albeit, it may be because they are far more dangerous, but I was highly impressed. I think the thing that impressed me the most was the talent of the women's division. They are far and away better than anything on the Diva's roster. I really wish TNA could find a financial backer to help their brand grow. It could be pretty great if done correctly.
Dread Pirate Roberts
I turned on TNA last night and felt pretty good about myself after seeing that Matt and Jeff have developed the same well-developed guts as me - and they're paid to be in shape!

It was good to relive the old days - thanks for the heads up on that match.
Dread Pirate Roberts
quote:
So last night was the first time in a long time that I watched TNA. I have to say, the level of talent there is actually pretty amazing. Some of the moves I saw I thought to myself that you would never see them in WWE. Albeit, it may be because they are far more dangerous, but I was highly impressed. I think the thing that impressed me the most was the talent of the women's division. They are far and away better than anything on the Diva's roster. I really wish TNA could find a financial backer to help their brand grow. It could be pretty great if done correctly.

I'm glad you said that. I think WWE has regressed since it took over WCW. Even WCW had some great lower level wrestlers. I was impressed with its big, athletic guys going off the top rope in its last few years. I thought that was going to be the new big thing, but WWE bought WCW and that ended it. Imagine Randy Orton performing real moves off the top rope instead of just beating his fists into the mat (I like Orton a lot, I just don't think his skills or character have really been developed as they should have).

I think wrestling would be better off with real competition. Maybe TNA make it to WWE's level.
Scotty Flamingo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9K1kU4Fv-nI

[This message has been edited by Nathan Summers (edited 8/15/2014 6:11p).]
Icecream_Ag
S
Wtf did I just watch
Zombie
Any upset predictions for tonight? Here are mine:
Miz over Zigler (I really want Zigler to win though)
Swagger over Rusev
Wyatt over Jericho
Rollins over Ambrose
Reigns over Orton
McMahon over Bella (Nikki will turn)
Lesnar over Cena (Sting will interfere somehow and accidentally cost Cena the belt, which will set up a Cena/Sting feud and help turn Cena heel)
Icecream_Ag
S
I gonna go way out of left field and say sting interferes in the McMahon bella match setting up a fued with HHH
Zombie
Can't see a HHH /Sting feud. I see HHH/Reigns.
Gigem Trevas
Cena
jrod2181
All excellent predictions. Tune into tonight on wwe network for only 9.99
Dan Scott
AG
They are flying at 9.99 flag on top of their headquarters
Scotty Flamingo
I love y'alls sting optimism but I truly think he won't be around til mania. Punk has a better chance of returning tonight.

As for predictions...
Ziggler
Ambrose
Rusev
McMahon
Reigns
Lesnar
Zombie
Ronda Rousey seen backstage??? Hmmm.....
Zombie
Cesaro's new intro sucks. I loved the tornado sirens he had before
Zombie
Two quick things I forgot to mention...

Why is there no tag title match tonight???

I was watching Fox News yesterday and JBL was a commentator on there. How long has this been going on? He was actually pretty intelligent and completely different than he is on WWE
Scotty Flamingo
Zombie, he's been doing it for a while now.
Zombie
Let's go Zigler!!!!
Zombie
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!!!!!
Scotty Flamingo
ZIGGLER!
Scotty Flamingo
Damn I thought after his crappy run with the whc wwe gave up on ziggler. Looks like he's on his way back up
Zombie
If Paige and Sheamus had a kid, it would be transparent
thar_ag
ZIGGLER!
Texaggie7nine
Rusef
Scotty Flamingo
I think they just tried to give swagger a stone cold Steve Austin moment...didn't work
Zombie
Not sure what their angle is on having Rusev win this.
First Page Last Page
Page 26 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.