***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,770,991 Views | 16577 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by safety guy
Scotty Flamingo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Figured Geralt woulda been all over Rusev's big win
bigcat22
AG
maverick2076 said:

Rousey vs. Natalya was a legitimately great match.

Read a rumor today that before The Andvil passed away, this was going to be Rousey's matchup at Mania with Natty turning heel
bigcat22
AG
Thought this was pretty funny and wanted to share

J182
AG
Sports-Ag
AG
No!!
Geralt of Rivia
Not a Bot
AG
Mean Gene was one of the voices of my childhood. The 1st pay per view my parents ever let us buy was Bash at the Beach '96. His interview at the end of the show after Hogan had turned his back on WCW and joined the NWO, is one of the memories of my childhood that stands out the most. One of the best moments in wrestling history.

He was so stinking good at his role, no one has come anywhere close to his interview skills.

Maybe he'll open a hotline to heaven. 1 900 909 9900. Get your parent's permission, kids.
Iowaggie
AG
He had some great interviews with the Macho Man.

Always willing to ask the hard questions.

Scotty Flamingo
Wrestle Kingdom tonight! I'm off work, so I'll be continuing my yearly tradition of staying up super late to watch.

Kenny Omega's contract is about to end with NJPW. I think he loses tonight
Scotty Flamingo
THE G1 IS KICKING OFF IN DALLAS AT THE AAC!!!!!!!!
Scotty Flamingo
July 6th. Holy ****ing **** you bet I'll be there.

Cuban owns AXS so I'm sure he has some pull there
Scotty Flamingo
And Ospreay and Ibushi just killed it
johnnyblaze36
AG
I'm lost when it comes to NJPW but I've also been thinking how much WWE has needed Jericho back and had no idea he's been in Japan until I just saw this. I thought he was off on band tour all this time.

Scotty Flamingo
johnnyblaze36 said:

I'm lost when it comes to NJPW but I've also been thinking how much WWE has needed Jericho back and had no idea he's been in Japan until I just saw this. I thought he was off on band tour all this time.

He is killing it in Japan. Though most fans agree the face paint is too much...
Scotty Flamingo
Also the latest rumors are that WWE has offered Omega an insane amount of money. Wont be surprised if he is a surprise entrant in the Rumble.
Scotty Flamingo
Though with the AEW news...I dont know.
J182
AG
Omega can pretty much do whatever he wants and be set. I would love for him to end up in WWE, but AEW is going to be stacked with talent. Will be interesting to see where he goes.
Not a Bot
AG
WWE corporate office has to be super concerned with their ratings decline in both brands. I think they are about to throw a ton of money at some top talent around the world, way more than they typically would. Gotta think they are genuinely concerned about having some real competition now. AEW's financial backing is significant.

Omega has said in the interviews that he wants to go somewhere where he will be happy. I don't know that the WWE schedule and overproduced style is going to sit well with him.

I saw another rumor that they offered the largest NXT contract ever to someone. I'm curious who it could be, I doubt Omega would go to NXT. They need a big splash on the main roster.

Could we also be seeing some WWE guys possibly move to this new promotion?

Going to be a fun next few months.
Icecream_Ag
S
I just watched a video yesterday that talked about the issues with the main roster right now.

The two biggest were lack of utilizing talent and continuing to force the old guard into big spots.

I mean I liked the undertaker and triple h/hbk rivalries as much as the next guy, but that was 10 freaking years ago and they are going to that well again
Bunk Moreland
I just gotta say...WK13 was awesome.
Scotty Flamingo
WK13 is already an early contender for event of the year. It really sold me on Jay White being a future top guy. Possibly to take over if Omega's NJPW time is really done
Scotty Flamingo
Also Kushida might be headed to NXT. He has a back to the future gimmick for those who dont know him. Kyle O Reilly just posted a picture of him kicking Kushida
permabull
AG
chris1515
AG
I think the execs at WWE have to be sweating the ratings especially as they get closer to the move to FOX in prime time later this fall. I would not be the least bit surprised to see some huge comebacks around that time...The Rock maybe? Stone Cold as a commissioner/authority? Batista? Maybe even Punk?

I see them going all out to make the premier on FOX absolutely huge.

It was good seeing Hogan back tonight.
maverick2076
Hogan was back? I'm watching football tonight, and now I kinda regret it.
Bunk Moreland
Mean Gene segment. Came out hulked up. Broke character to intro a video package then cut a promo about Gene upstairs setting up an epic tag match with randy, ultimate warrior and piper and someone else with Andre guest reffing etc. Was pretty ok.
bigcat22
AG
Lol Nia doesn't even try anymore. If she wasn't related to The Great One, she'd be gone

Icecream_Ag
S
I've decided I'm now a female professional wrestler. Sasha can do that to me all match
Scotty Flamingo
https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/chris-jericho-shocks-by-signing-with-all-elite-wrestling-as-aew-rally-hits-a-home-run/

WWE might have legit competition again
Bunk Moreland
So all the rumors were true.

Wait till omega announces in a week. (pure guess - no knowledge)
Scotty Flamingo
I cant imagine him not joining his buddies in AEW. But it's fun to speculate him being a surprise entrant in the rumble.
Rocag
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Mean Gene segment. Came out hulked up. Broke character to intro a video package then cut a promo about Gene upstairs setting up an epic tag match with randy, ultimate warrior and piper and someone else with Andre guest reffing etc. Was pretty ok.

Mr Perfect is not just "someone else"! But seriously he's legit one of my favorites.
bigcat22
AG
One of the most underrated wrestlers of his era.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Looks like there is going to be a baby Rusev in the near future

Bunk Moreland
https://www.kayfabenews.com/trump-appoints-vince-russo-chief-border-wall-ensure-nobody-gets/

Quote:

WWE Hall of Famer and US "President" Donald Trump announced this morning that his preposterous plan to build a wall along the Mexican border will be led by professional wrestling "booker" Vince Russo, thus ensuring absolutely no one can get over.

"Believe me, nobody prevents people from getting over better than Russo," Trump said during a White House press briefing attended by Fox News, Brietbart, Alex Jones, and a sentient banana.

First Page Last Page
Page 259 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.