***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,767,425 Views | 16570 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by dcaggie04
Geralt of Rivia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I'd honestly guess that he would be there to do house shows and dark matches while trying to learn the "WWE style"...Samoa Joe worked a few dark matches before NXT, which was when Tyson Kidd got hurt
The Shank Ag
Any scuddlebutt on Shane's future? Authority run Smackdown and Shane run Raw? Vince taking a back seat and thinking about retirement?
Geralt of Rivia
S
Haven't seen anything on that. I'm guessing they are keeping that tight lipped until they actually know something (which would be next Monday just before the show)
Mr.KyleReed
AG
I heard an idea last night that scares me yet excites me at the same time, let me know what y'all think.

So roman, on this slow heel turn keeps talking about hes building a Roman empire. Roman empire this, Roman empire that. You start seeing vignettes backstage about guys beating up Romans opponents, you see Roman talking to his roman empire which is off screen. One day (hopfully on a PPV) they run in to help him (probably some title match to help him retain) and his roman empire, is non other than Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows.

Now that puts extra heat on Roman, taking away bullet club/Balor club from the fans.

Also at any point they could have them turn on roman, revealing Balor club shirts on Finn's debut.

Now,IF this were to happen, it excites me because if done right, it could be awesome, yet scares me because probably won't be done right.
Geralt of Rivia
S
quote:
Now,IF this were to happen, it excites me because if done right, it could be awesome, yet scares me because probably won't be done right.
Agree 100%...would also be interesting to have them attack Styles in their title match, since he was the Bullet Club leader after Balor left New Japan
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Do you think at payback that something could happen? They should build this match and NOT WRESTLE EACH OTHER 4 TIMES BEFORE A PPV TITLE MATCH!
Geralt of Rivia
S
I honestly have no idea. I agree though, I'm really tired of seeing the same mix of matches for 3-4 weeks leading up to a PPV.

The main event is Sheamus vs Roman Reigns and also there is Kevin Owens vs Dean Ambrose? We don't need to see Sheamus & Owens vs Reigns & Ambrose one week, followed by Ambrose vs Sheamus and Reigns vs Owens the next, and then the next week its a freaking six man tag with Sheamus/Owens/Rusev vs Reigns/Ambrose/Cena (since Rusev and Cena are also fighting each other at the PPV). I swear they did that basic formula for a good portion of last year.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Agree, and I feel like that's why the Shane/taker match was so exciting. Nobody seen it before, nobody knew who was going to win.

Aj/Jericho: we saw it 4 times LEADING UP to the WM match.

Divas Triple Threat: we have seen a variation of that match for a LOOONG time. It was good, just feel like we've seen it before.

HHH/Roman: seen it

New Day/LoN: sigh, seen it too many times.
ShawnTxAg
AG
Thinking about yalls discussion on match ups and repeatedly seeing em and that creating a lack of interest has really got me thinking about the old WCW days. I use to enjoy their cruiser weight/light weight division more than anything bc they use to have a plethora of different wrestlers and talent with different styles and they would have all sorts of different combination of fights. WWE is in desperate need of change and a breathe of fresh air and i think Vince knows that, only things is he doesn't seem comfortable with a complete overhaul so we will see some of the same ole formula that has created his success. Heres to hoping for better days and fresh young/new talent
Geralt of Rivia
S
Another big thing that part of the problem is the fact that they have every promo overly scripted. If I'm having to fully memorize a 5-10 minute promo then I'm going to lose some passion for the material if I'm trying to remember what my next line is going to be. I think Triple H is starting to get away from that in NXT, so hopefully in the next year or two they will be able to go back to the attitude era style of just giving guys bullet points to hit on and allow guys to either fully come into their characters or crash and burn.

I can't be positive, but I think Monday's promo from Enzo and Cass may have been less scripted than most other ones that have been on TV recently...or maybe Enzo is just that damn good with going with what is written for him
The Shank Ag
What do you expect tonight?

Shane running things?

Bayley?

Cena match?
Geralt of Rivia
S
I saw this on twitter earlier:

I tend to think it will be more building on things that started last week. I have read that Anderson and Gallows will be debuting soon, but I have no idea in what capacity.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I would like to see The Vaudevillains on RAW tonight. I've always found them entertaining.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Bayley and asuka are Gunna go for a little bit in NXT. My guess is see her debut at SummerSlam.

Doubt we see Gallows and Anderson til the PPV (payback).

Not sure what to expect from this raw. Maybe crews again, some more Sami/Owens story, not sure.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Nathan Summers DMed me on Twitter earlier. Apparently he got a month long ban and won't be joining in on the discussion this evening.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Also can't wait to see all the promos between Dudley's and enzo and Cass.

Side note, Austin's Podcast with Enzo and big Cass is great.
Gigem Trevas
quote:
Nathan Summers DMed me on Twitter earlier. Apparently he got a month long ban and won't be joining in on the discussion this evening.

Not t bow
The Shank Ag
Ugh just antsy to see her get moved up. Always loved the fun/happy personalities and she really lights up the arena.
jrod2181
Imagining the Dudleys beat up on Enzo and Cass tonight
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Me too, I completely agree, but I'd hate to see her come on and get buried like Breeze.

I heard a discussion a while back whether her gimmick will work on the main roster. It basically boiled down to, people believe it will because she's the female equivalent of John cena (as far as gimmick, role model to little kids).

I feel like they're going to play this total divas/Eva Marie storyline for a little bit (maybe to build back up the women's roster), charolette and nattie storyline. Maybe give becky, and Sasha some smaller matches and that will take us to SummerSlam, debut bayley, loaded women's roster.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Apparently Becky and Emma started a feud on Smackdown. I don't know for sure since I rarely watch that anymore
jrod2181
quote:
Apparently Becky and Emma started a feud on Smackdown. I don't know for sure since I rarely watch that anymore

Yeah they had a back and forth interview back stage and Emma said stuff about her stitches. That will probably be on payback ppv
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Who's ready for Dr.Phil???

*sarcasm
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Hmmmm
The Shank Ag
Updates? Forgot to dvr
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Tonight, women's title match, natti vs Charlotte

tag team turny starts tonight for #1 contender vs new day

Cesaro vs Kevin Owens. Winners gets a match for int'nal title vs miz.

Sami vs aj tonight I believe since sami didn't get a chance. If sami wins, it's a triple threat for HW title

I believe that's it...so far

Results
--------------------------------------------------------------
Cesaro vs Kevin Owens.

Lucha Dragons vs Dudley boyz (enzo and Cass interrupts at the end. Little promo)

Roman reigns cuts a promo. Interrupted by LoN. LoN attack Roman in ring, interrupted by Wyatt's.
Shane announces Bray Wyatt and Roman Reigns vs 2 of LoN in Main Event.

Charolette vs Nattie

Usos vs Social Outcast (Slater/Axel)
Anderson and Gallows debut, DESTROY the usos.

Sami Zayn vs AJ Styles

Jericho promo. Heel it up, interview himself, interrupted by Ambrose, setting up a fued

Apollo crews vs Adam rose

Bray Wyatt/Roman Reigns vs Sheamus/Alberto Del Rio
Geralt of Rivia
S
Great opening match. Cesaro and Owens are both awesome
Mr.KyleReed
AG
GD Dr. Phil in a backstage segment with Charlotte and Ric. Calls ric out on cheating charolette out of winning herself.

Maybe this plants the seeds of them splitting up
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Shane's already had more segments than last week haha.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Tag team tourny bracket
Geralt of Rivia
S
I predict:
Usos
Vaudevillains
Enzo and Cass
Dudleys

advance
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Geralt of Rivia
S
Then the final match is Enzo and Cass vs vaudevillains
Mr.KyleReed
AG
You sure they won't bury the vaudevillans against golden truth
Geralt of Rivia
S
If "Shane" wasn't in charge, I would think it was possible
First Page Last Page
Page 101 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.