Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,886,428 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

Is that an app or a website
It's on a Discord server. I can't get it to work for some reason.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
You have to follow the instructions for the beta:

Go to mid journey.com

Click beta

Sign into discord account

Go to newbie channel

Type /imagine in the text box and then a new black text box shows up on the same line - that's where you enter your parameters for the AI
YouBet
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

You have to follow the instructions for the beta:

Go to mid journey.com

Click beta

Sign into discord account

Go to newbie channel

Type /imagine in the text box and then a new black text box shows up on the same line - that's where you enter your parameters for the AI
Thanks. Helps following the instructions.
bluefire579
AG
YouBet
AG
Lol. Love how she found a steel chair nearby.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Hopefully we're soon adding Andor to this
jokershady
AG
No love for Solo?

And TFA wasn't perfect but I'd say it was decent….definitely sparked tons of interest in the Star Wars franchise again….just didn't amount to jack squat due to not having a full plan from the start
redline248
AG
I like the force awakens, but unfortunately I'm not really ever interested in watching it bc of what I know happens after.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Ha, we haven't even seen it yet, so how can you know these reactions are overhyped? Sure, embargo drop reactions are typically effusive, sometimes overly so, but it's not like they're always off or always wrong. Often the hype matches the reality, sometimes it doesn't. With this one, I'm willing to bet they're pretty spot on.

I meant over hype in the sense of just building the show up to a level that will be hard to match. It's their job to do it of course, people don't follow someone for "it was pretty good" tweets. It makes their reviews not feel genuine, which is a trait I really dislike in media.

I'm also hoping/expecting the show to be good, so it's not like I'm being contrary
Decay
AG
redline248 said:

I like the force awakens, but unfortunately I'm not really ever interested in watching it bc of what I know happens after.

The Matrix effect. Although The Matrix is way better but you get the gist
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248
AG
Just some Star Wars conversation with my 7 yr old son, today:

Son: Why do the clones call each other brother if some are tiny babies still?

Me: b/c they are all identical clones of Jango

Son: But how can the babies be brothers?

Me: They are clones and even though they may not know the babies they refer to themselves as brothers

Son: Is Jango their brother?

Me: No, he's just a person that was cloned..they don't think he's their brother

Son: Is Jango a clone?

Me: No, he had a mom and dad and was born normally

Son: When Mace Windu knocked off Jango's head, did the clones want to execute Mace Windu?

Me: No, the clones fight for the Republic and Jango was an enemy of the Republic

Son: I saw that bad part about Jango's head falling off...tell me the other bad parts

Me: I don't want to spoil those parts so you'll be surprised when you do watch it

At this point the conversation finally stops b/c we got back home from the store and he ran inside. As backstory, I haven't let him watch AOTC, yet...mainly b/c Jango getting his head chopped off...but the little sneak turned on the movie one day when I was busy, and of course so that 1 part. I knew it would become a fixation and with him...
TXAG 05
AG
The head chop is nothing. There isn't even any blood or anything. I wouldn't let him watch it because it's just a terrible movie.
Flashdiaz
AG
show him the unrated cut where boba picks up the helmet and jango's severed head plops out.
redline248
AG
I know it's not gory, but as I said, it's become a real fixation that I don't like. Oh well, that toothpaste isn't going back in.
oragator
Speeders are almost real!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-11227469/Worlds-FLYING-bike-reach-speeds-62-mph-fly-40-minutes-make-debut.html
maroon barchetta
Millions of voices cried out.

Honestly, had no idea he was still with us.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-james-earl-jones-darth-vader-retirement/
JCRiley09
AG
End of an era.

The truth is he's really not needed with computer tech the way it is.
The Porkchop Express
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TXAG 05 said:

The head chop is nothing. There isn't even any blood or anything. I wouldn't let him watch it because it's just a terrible movie.
Obi Wan chopped off a criminal's arm in Star Wars, and there was blood, and ditto with Luke and the wampa in Empire. Did you let your kids watch those?
#FJB
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That'll do, pig. (JEJ)

But with the deep faked audio they can do now, it sounds better than his real voice, which is far too old sounding now. But very cool that he signed the rights over so they can continue to recreate his voice, and he will have received compensation for it.

Even after he's gone, he will ALWAYS be Darth Vader.
double aught
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just getting around to watching Obi-Wan: A Jedi's Return, and man I'm really enjoying this. Watching Ewan and Hayden reunite and interacting on set was thoroughly enjoyable for a prequel nerd like me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I will say, seeing them play Duel of the Fates ON SET during the climactic duel, but not in the show itself, just bugs me even more.
TXAG 05
AG
redline248 said:

I know it's not gory, but as I said, it's become a real fixation that I don't like. Oh well, that toothpaste isn't going back in.

Guess times are just different. We all watched Total Recall, Terminator, Predator, etc by the time we were 8-9 and didn't have any issues with it. Mostly just fascinated by the chick with the 3 boobs.
redline248
AG
I was probably closer to 10 the first time I saw predator, and I'm sure my mom would have lost her sh-t if she knew. Total recall I was like 12

I know I'm probably being too cautious, but I'd like him to hold on to some innocence for a tad longer
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Yes please.
redline248
AG
Would you rather see him as a villain (sith) or hero (jedi)? I know he would kill it as a villain.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Hear me out on this:

Christian Bale as Revan.

That would be a perfect casting.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Villain, no question.

Although this is pretty badass...
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Villain, no question.

Although this is pretty badass...

Yeah but is he cutting up somebody with a light saber while listening to Huey Lewis and the News?
First Page Last Page
Page 1152 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.