Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,886,513 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saxsoon said:

It is a lot like Seven Dwarves, very fun but just a little too short

Genius.
gougler08
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

As much as I love star wars, I must say the best ride at Hollywood studios is slinky dog dash at night.
It's a great ride, but man the line is always a beating
The Porkchop Express
gougler08 said:

helloimustbegoing said:

As much as I love star wars, I must say the best ride at Hollywood studios is slinky dog dash at night.

Lightning lane, bro. The line is 5 minutes
gougler08
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

gougler08 said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Lightning lane, bro. The line is 5 minutes

Want ready yet when I was there last time…how much extra does it cost?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

Walking the hallway into the main area of the ship was both incredibly familiar but also so surreal. They do a phenomenal job replicating it.
This.

We went to Disney World two years ago this week, shortly after Galaxy's Edge had opened, and I had the exact same feeling you're describing. I also remember a sequence from Star Trek First Contact when Data did not understand why Picard was touching the missile (that would become the first starship), and I made a point of putting my hand on those wall panels that always looked like they were padded (they were hard plastic or resin, but whatever).

And I've yet to let my wife live down her massive blunder that morning, when we were in line and it was apparent that we were perfectly positioned to get the pilots' seats. That is until a Cast Member announced a need for two more to fill out a queue, and my wife just blurted out, "We'll take it!" I've told her many times since that when we go back (and we will just for this ride), that she will keep her mouth shut and we will get the freaking pilots' seats, no matter how many times we have to wait in the line.
amercer
AG
Did Orlando last week. Galaxy's Edge was incredible. Rise of the Resistance is the best theme park ride ever created.

On the downside I'm could have taken the kids to Europe or Hawaii for a lot less than this trip so we probably won't do it again. Really appreciated Disney's new system that pretty much requires you to pay extra if you don't want to wait two hours for every ride. Bonus, it's confusing and glitchy so you can be frustrated as hell while you are throwing money into a giant fire pit. Universal is at least straightforward. Give them a bunch of money upfront and you stay club level and get express line access to almost everything.
YouBet
AG
amercer said:

Did Orlando last week. Galaxy's Edge was incredible. Rise of the Resistance is the best theme park ride ever created.

On the downside I'm could have taken the kids to Europe or Hawaii for a lot less than this trip so we probably won't do it again. Really appreciated Disney's new system that pretty much requires you to pay extra if you don't want to wait two hours for every ride. Bonus, it's confusing and glitchy so you can be frustrated as hell while you are throwing money into a giant fire pit. Universal is at least straightforward. Give them a bunch of money upfront and you stay club level and get express line access to almost everything.
Welcome to the world of Revenue Management.
The Collective
AG
tk for tu juan
Interesting video on the chords at the end of Rogue One and the tone of the light saber

SpreadsheetAg
AG
Great video for music-philes.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Quote:

Going off looks alone, she could be playing Ar'alani, a Chiss military strategist who rose up in the ranks alongside a better-known Chiss by the name of Thrawn.
Could be - or could be the female inquisitor "Seventh Sister"... (voiced by Sarah Michelle Geller in Rebels). Here eyes already look inquisitor----ial?
bluefire579
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Quote:

Going off looks alone, she could be playing Ar'alani, a Chiss military strategist who rose up in the ranks alongside a better-known Chiss by the name of Thrawn.
Could be - or could be the female inquisitor "Seventh Sister"... (voiced by Sarah Michelle Geller in Rebels). Here eyes already look inquisitor----ial?
I was thinking the Imperial officer woman who is with Thrawn in Rebels and the novels (forget her name), but I feel like in both these cases, she's a bit too young.
AliasMan02
AG
Governor Price? Is she dead?
The Porkchop Express
AliasMan02 said:

Governor Price? Is she dead?
She dies in the series finale.
bluefire579
AG
I'd forgotten that. Guess it's time for a rewatch
The Porkchop Express
redline248
AG
You ghost writing for ESPN, now?
AgBQ-00
AG
SIAP

Looks like the Empire is celebrating the season now

The Porkchop Express
redline248 said:

You ghost writing for ESPN, now?
They can't afford me!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Man that looks good!!!!!!
Dro07
AG
oh damn
Flashdiaz
AG
nice, that little sound at the end when it splashes the logo sounds like Fett Seismic Charges (best part of Attack of the Clones).
AgBQ-00
AG
Stupid question that I hope they answer...I thought he got swallowed by the desert hole worm thing, how did he get out?
bluefire579
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Stupid question that I hope they answer...I thought he got swallowed by the desert hole worm thing, how did he get out?
In the Disney canon, they haven't said, but at least one of the trailers hinted that we'll find out in this series

In legends, basically his armor helped keep him alive and he blasted his way out.
Duncan Idaho
bluefire579 said:

AgBQ-00 said:

In the Disney canon, they haven't said, but at least one of the trailers hinted that we'll find out in this series

This isnt canon?
The Porkchop Express
AgBQ-00 said:

You definitely see him sneaking back up to Jabba's wearing the Tusken gear in that trailer. Maybe he got out on his own and made a deal with the Tuskens or the Jawas - his armor for saving his life? Although seems like he'd rather die in his armor.

What is this series takes a page from Mando season 2 and has a de-aged Han Solo show up at some point?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Flashdiaz said:

nice, that little sound at the end when it splashes the logo sounds like Fett Seismic Charges (best part of Attack of the Clones).

Definitely is.
Red Five
AG
Mentioning the words "seismic charge" is the BES dog whistle.
maroon barchetta
Red Five said:

Mentioning the words "seismic charge" is the BES dog whistle.

Stay on target!
jokershady
AG
is it just me or does it appear that disney is saying "screw it" as far as budgets go and throwing whatever money they want at this???? the affects in this trailer look like they were made for the big screen!
The Porkchop Express
According to IO9, Boba Fett is visiting Tosche Stadium in this scene.

as compared to the deleted scene from A New Home where Luke rocks a sweet hat.

Uncle Owen thinks it's a bad idea, and Fett should waste time with his friends later.
TCTTS
AG
Who's playing at Tosche Stadium? The Tatooine Suns?

(Seriously, though, that's awesome.)
First Page Last Page
Page 1068 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.