Star Wars Discussion Thread

4,529,919 Views | 37363 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by redline248
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
powerbelly said:

Is the character of Rey worth continuing? There wasn't much compelling or unique about her.

I would rather start from scratch with a new female protagonist.


She's literally the continuation of the Jedi into the next era. And you have Daisy attached to that character, who is great.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Totally forgot about that. Good point.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
powerbelly said:

Is the character of Rey worth continuing? There wasn't much compelling or unique about her.

I would rather start from scratch with a new female protagonist.


Rather, I should say that *Ridley* is great in the role, and the character could be.
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

powerbelly said:

Is the character of Rey worth continuing? There wasn't much compelling or unique about her.

I would rather start from scratch with a new female protagonist.


Rather, I should say that *Ridley* is great in the role, and the character could be.
There is so much they could have done with that character had they given her a good backstory. There's still more they can do, but anchoring her to anyone - let alone Palpatine - from the OT was a mistake.

They should have started fresh with her character. It would have been much better had she been tied to Max von Sydow's character somehow.
powerbelly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

powerbelly said:

Is the character of Rey worth continuing? There wasn't much compelling or unique about her.

I would rather start from scratch with a new female protagonist.


Rather, I should say that *Ridley* is great in the role, and the character could be.


I think they boxed her in too much with the Palpatine connection.
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Belton Ag said:

It would have been much better had she been tied to Max von Sydow's character somehow.


If that has been a prevalent fan theory, JJ would have shoehorned it in there somehow.
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Belton Ag said:

TCTTS said:

powerbelly said:

Is the character of Rey worth continuing? There wasn't much compelling or unique about her.

I would rather start from scratch with a new female protagonist.


Rather, I should say that *Ridley* is great in the role, and the character could be.
There is so much they could have done with that character had they given her a good backstory. There's still more they can do, but anchoring her to anyone - let alone Palpatine - from the OT was a mistake.

They should have started fresh with her character. It would have been much better had she been tied to Max von Sydow's character somehow.
Agreed. So much missed opportunity with Max.
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guys - Rey + teen Grogu (80 years old)

Gangbusters
I Have Spoken
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heard Rey had an unfortunate force lightning accident and won't be back.
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
twilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I Have Spoken
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks to the above tweet, I discovered this youtube.
helloimustbegoing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
From my brother, a private school teacher:

In chapel today, the priest held his arms out, perpendicular to the rest of his body, so that his black robes hung down like wings. He asked, "Who do my priest's robes remind you of?" The answer he wanted was "Harry Potter." The answer he got (from a KINDERGARTNER) was "Darth Sidious."
Bigfoot Is Real
How long do you want to ignore this user?
helloimustbegoing said:

From my brother, a private school teacher:

In chapel today, the priest held his arms out, perpendicular to the rest of his body, so that his black robes hung down like wings. He asked, "Who do my priest's robes remind you of?" The answer he wanted was "Harry Potter." The answer he got (from a KINDERGARTNER) was "Darth Sidious."

Younglings: "Never Again"
Jason_Ag98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YNWA_AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow. Hayden getting all kinds of play. Honestly, it's pretty cool seeing him get a second chance at the character like this (between Obi-Wan and Ahsoka).
Ag Since 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wonder if they will leverage Anakin's history with Thrawn in that story
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gangnam Style
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
"Hey Snips"
"Skyguy"

That will probably be enough to make me cry lol
Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hope this is all leading up to a Vader in his prime series hunting down Jedi Kill Bill style.
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How old vas Vader in ROTJ?
Bigfoot Is Real
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ChipFTAC01 said:

How old vas Vader in ROTJ?

45 I think. Gone too soon.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Flashdiaz said:

I hope this is all leading up to a Vader in his prime series hunting down Jedi Kill Bill style.


Lords of the Sith on screen.
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

Wow. Hayden getting all kinds of play. Honestly, it's pretty cool seeing him get a second chance at the character like this (between Obi-Wan and Ahsoka).
THIS! So much this!

Hell we need to give the same love to little Annie actor as well. Both those dudes deserve to be welcomed back to Star Wars.

I can't wait to see Hayden back!
helloimustbegoing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
YNWA_AG said:


That means glorious flashbacks set in the PT era, maybe even the OT.

Would love to see some stuff directly after their confrontation in Rebels.
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's their fight in That sith temple where she ends up through the door?
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maybe they'll revisit that scene and ret-con the whole sequel trilogy….
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bigfoot Is Real said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

How old vas Vader in ROTJ?

45 I think. Gone too soon.
I'm now older than Darth Vader was when he died.

Damn.
helloimustbegoing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
YouBet said:

Bigfoot Is Real said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

How old vas Vader in ROTJ?

45 I think. Gone too soon.
I'm now older than Darth Vader was when he died.

Damn.
It's only a matter of time before your son cuts your hand off.
helloimustbegoing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ChipFTAC01 said:

That's their fight in That sith temple where she ends up through the door?


The way they seamlessly blended the real Order 66 with the cartoon version in the last season of Clone Wars makes me think they could do the reverse here. S
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

YouBet said:

Bigfoot Is Real said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

How old vas Vader in ROTJ?

45 I think. Gone too soon.
I'm now older than Darth Vader was when he died.

Damn.
It's only a matter of time before your son cuts your hand off.
I have no son. However, my boston terrier does have a strange fascination with my left hand and is constantly attacking it. Not my right hand; just my left hand. True story.
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

That's their fight in That sith temple where she ends up through the door?


The way they seamlessly blended the real Order 66 with the cartoon version in the last season of Clone Wars makes me think they could do the reverse here. S

I'm hoping for a few live action recreations of pieces of scenes like this.
helloimustbegoing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
YouBet said:

helloimustbegoing said:

YouBet said:

Bigfoot Is Real said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

How old vas Vader in ROTJ?

45 I think. Gone too soon.
I'm now older than Darth Vader was when he died.

Damn.
It's only a matter of time before your son cuts your hand off.
I have no son. However, my boston terrier does have a strange fascination with my left hand and is constantly attacking it. Not my right hand; just my left hand. True story.
Anakin didn't think he had a son either for 20 years or so.
helloimustbegoing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
low level Mando season 3 spoilers from the web

While details are still sparse, it sounds like disparate individual Mandalorians from around the galaxy answer a call Din Djarin sends out to the galaxy for help. Din Djarin's legend is growing throughout the galaxy as rumors of a true Mandalore returning is heard throughout the galaxy. When Din makes the call, it is answered by more Mandalorians that you could have ever imagined.
First Page Last Page
Page 1059 of 1068
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.