Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,885,586 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quad Dog said:

My son asked this the other day and I thought it was funny: what does a physics textbook look like in the Star Wars universe? Does the force explain everything, even things like gravity?
We talking pre or post empire text book?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quad Dog said:

My son asked this the other day and I thought it was funny: what does a physics textbook look like in the Star Wars universe? Does the force explain everything, even things like gravity?
I believe Rey stole those out of some tree on that water planet where she found hermit Luke.
jokershady
AG
Quad Dog said:

physics exists entirely too much and yet entirely not enough in the Star Wars universe….and that's just thinking about 2 space scenes from RotS and TLJ…..

Don't even get me going on how unrealistic an actual lightsaber is……..course I will admit as a young child it was a sad day when I realized a real lightsaber is pretty much impossible….
SpreadsheetAg
AG
You can tell him that lasers bend like cannon balls according to The Last Jedi and Rian Johnson. Also, hyperspace "skipping" is a thing now too...

Quote:

Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy! Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star or bounce too close to a supernova and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?
TCTTS
AG
Belton Ag
AG
Quad Dog said:

I think the force isn't widely believed in across the galaxy.
double aught
AG
It's a hokey religion.
Belton Ag
AG
double aught said:

It's a hokey religion.
With ancient weapons.
C@LAg

re: KOTOR remake:

TIMED EXCLUSIVE.
So eventually on Xbox, for those that questioned.

bluefire579
AG
https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2440759/replies/60114226
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I've been doing TOR Free to Play again lately, this time as a Sith Asassin, and just went through a part on Drommund Kas where you meet the Sith sect "Order of Revan" and am just so excited to see what the new KOTOR looks like.

I would be that they steal a page from The Force Unleashed and have a prologue level where you are Bastilla at full power leading the charge on Revan's flagship that ends with Malak firing on him and Revan getting knocked da fuq out. Just like you got to play as Vader in the opening of TFU on Kashyyk finding young Galen. Let you get a taste of the combat system at full strength before you start building yourself up slowly.

YouBet
AG
C@LAg said:

TIMED EXCLUSIVE.

I know I've already asked this and it was answered, but I'm dumb.

When he says remake is this a completely different plot line than the original game, or is this the same plot line with just updated graphics?
bluefire579
AG
Apparently they pitched remaking 2 as part of it.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Remakes are never new plotlines. But generally speaking, they are modernized with much better looking graphics, textures, everything rebuilt from the ground up but with maybe a few added areas and slightly expanded story.

A good example is the recent remakes of Resident Evil 2-3.
YouBet
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Remakes are never new plotlines. But generally speaking, they are modernized with much better looking graphics, textures, everything rebuilt from the ground up but with maybe a few added areas and slightly expanded story.

A good example is the recent remakes of Resident Evil 2-3.

Thanks.
redline248
AG
I guess I'll have to play the remake as a good guy, if the story is the same
C@LAg
YouBet said:

C@LAg said:

TIMED EXCLUSIVE.

I know I've already asked this and it was answered, but I'm dumb.

When he says remake is this a completely different plot line than the original game, or is this the same plot line with just updated graphics?
They are reworking some of the quests and rewriting some of the dialogue as well to modernize it, to tie it to canon a bit more (eve though it is not necessarily canon at this point), and deal with anything they determine to be socially problematic.

but overall it should be mostly the same experience.
canadiaggie
AG
Can anyone else not get KOTOR to work on their PC with a decent resolution?

Kotor 2 is fine, weirdly enough.
Can't wait to play this remake
Dro07
AG
How many years before the SW prequels is this set?
tamusc
AG
Dro07 said:

How many years before the SW prequels is this set?
3,956 BBY (Roughly 4,000 years before ANH)
jokershady
AG
I never played KOTOR but since it sounds like they're making adjustments to become canon with the movies that have been released since then……any chance Plagueis makes an appearance or is it too many years prior to that?
redline248
AG
Way too many years, and KOTOR isn't canon
Chipotlemonger
AG
redline248 said:

Way too many years, yes.

But from what I understand they did keep KOTOR as canon (and for damn good reason, it's stellar).
redline248
AG
There was a post just a page or 2 ago that says "it's still legends"

so, I don't know
jokershady
AG
Ya I was way off….just looked it up and saw KOTOR is about 4000 years prior to ANH…..but if it's that far in the past they may as well make it canon
bluefire579
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

redline248 said:

Way too many years, yes.

But from what I understand they did keep KOTOR as canon (and for damn good reason, it's stellar).
They did not, and this new version will not be canon either. All games prior to the new Battlefronts are part of Legends.
AliasMan02
AG
KOTOR is Legends, as others have said, but Revan is canon. A version of that story will eventually make its way I to canon if for no other reason than Filoni is such a huge fan.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Got it.

Well to this fan I'll consider it canon until forced not to otherwise. If they never bring Revan to anything and it's a hanging thread what's the difference.
TCTTS
AG
jokershady
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

My favorite Ewan moment ever:

In "The Saga Begins" documentary they did about The Phantom Menace years ago, they show him and Ray Park and Liam Neeson doing a take of the end fight in Theed. It's when Maul knocks him off the platform with a kick or an elbow, I can't remember right now.

Anyway, Ewan does the stunt and falls off the platform onto an air mattress below and holds the pose until he hears "CUT!" Then he kicks his legs up and down furiously like an excited little kid. They cut to an interview right after with him and he says, "My friends said, 'Are you really going to do Star Wars?' and I told them, 'YOU"RE GOT DAMN RIGHT!"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"Do you wanna do Star Wars they said?"
jokershady
AG
Easily casting him as young Obi-wan was the best casting decision of the entire prequel series…..so it's fun to see him enjoy it so much
jokershady
AG
Easily casting him as young Obi-wan was the best casting decision of the entire prequel series…..so it's fun to see him enjoy it so much
jokershady
AG
are you sure the title was "The Saga Begins?" I've been looking for this since I read your message and all I can find is a Weird Al Yankovic Star Wars song about TPM

First Page Last Page
Page 1055 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.