Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,888,822 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They should create a Disney+ series with young Han and his various Jabba exploits.
tk for tu juan
Title: As the Kessel Runs
SpreadsheetAg
AG
"The Corellian: Never Tell Me the Odds"
AliasMan02
AG
Flashdiaz said:

They should create a Disney+ series with young Han and his various Jabba exploits.

I'm certain we'll get this.
AliasMan02
AG
Full KOTOR remake coming to PS5.

Duncan Idaho
Flashdiaz said:

Jabba exploits Like dragging something out of the Chicken or Harry's?
exitone
AG
AliasMan02 said:

I will be sooo upset if this doesn't show up on Xbox.
AliasMan02
AG
bluefire579
AG
YOU MUST GATHER YOUR PARTY BEFORE VENTURING FORTH
AliasMan02
AG
Questions:

All of the current gen engines support AI for squad members. Will KOTOR maintain separate control/command for squad mates or make it more modern?

Will they fix the "everyone is a Jedi" exploit?

Will they include the PC exclusive destination/mission?

Will they put a shortcut through Taris cuz... damn.

Surely they won't be able to resist adding a mission here or there.
bluefire579
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Questions:

All of the current gen engines support AI for squad members. Will KOTOR maintain separate control/command for squad mates or make it more modern?

Will they fix the "everyone is a Jedi" exploit?

Will they include the PC exclusive destination/mission?

Will they put a shortcut through Taris cuz... damn.

Surely they won't be able to resist adding a mission here or there.
Depends on Bioware, I suppose. Look at, for example, the remake of Demon's Souls, which was pretty much a step for step remake, with most improvements being either in graphics or gameplay.

It's safe to assume that any well known exploit will absolutely be fixed. I would also assume improved AI, but I can't imagine they wouldn't allow for switching characters during the fight for anyone who wants to maintain that level of control (something akin to Dragon Age: Inquisition, for example).

As far as adding missions, my guess is that they'd be more likely to add depth to existing ones and maybe add a few minor side missions, but I doubt you'd see any new planets or anything like that. I would also assume the PC ones would be included.

I wonder if they're bringing back the original voice cast.
bluefire579
AG
exitone said:

AliasMan02 said:

I will be sooo upset if this doesn't show up on Xbox.
It's a timed exclusive, so you'll see it there eventually.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic/remake-pc
jokershady
AG
Well crap I gotta get a ps5 now

Btw I've never played KOTOR. How much am I missing out on?
bluefire579
AG
jokershady said:

Fantastic Star Wars story, very outdated gaming experience
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
bluefire579 said:

jokershady said:

Third best reveal in SW history behind Vader is Luke's dad and Baby Yoda in Mando Season 1.

Great voice acting. Wonderful Force abilities. World-building, a zillion different choices that open up side quests and plots that you end up going every which way.

Cool bad guys. The ability to Force Persuade people into giving you their stuff or killing each other.

Two of the greatest characters in SW history: HK-47 and Canderous Ordo.

As if the trailer didn't tell you, Canadian Jennifer Hale returns to voice Bastila Shan.

https://www.ign.com/articles/jennifer-hale-reprise-role-bastila-shan-kotor-remake

I love that game to death. I don't think I've ever been amped up by a game trailer before.

Looks like this meatbag's going to have to order a PS5.
bluefire579
AG
Keeping as a link to not spoil KOTOR

(let's see if this way actually works)
Red Five
AG
KOTOR Remake is a bigger deal than Book of Boba Fett or Mandalorian Season 3, come at me.
Dro07
AG
so this KOTOR is a remake or a new adaptation of the old game?
Chipotlemonger
AG
KOTOR is the BEST Star Wars story and canon outside of the OT. Hands down.
AliasMan02
AG
Dro07 said:

so this KOTOR is a remake or a new adaptation of the old game?

The old game reconstituted in a new engine from the ground up.
YouBet
AG
Just realized something.

The original KOTOR came out in 2003....I got divorced in 2003.

Thus, it looks like I'm getting divorced again in 2022 or 2023.

Prepare yourselves, ladies.

Malachi Constant
AG
bluefire579 said:

jokershady said:

Go get it for the iPad. The interface is clunky, but if you have a stylus is works surprisingly well.

Fantastic Star Wars story. It starts off slow on a planet called Taris, but once you've got a few hours into the game, you get to go through becoming a Jedi. For me, this was the most fun and engaged I had ever been in any Star Wars media.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I know that Taris was long, but it helped to lay the groundwork for such a stellar game and storyline.
jokershady
AG
Whelp….my birthday is in October….time to see if I can get my hands on the original on a medium I can try to play on.

Not a fan of games on tablets so curious as to where I can download it. Think there's any hope of the original KOTOR being available to download off the PS network?
YouBet
AG
jokershady said:

Whelp….my birthday is in October….time to see if I can get my hands on the original on a medium I can try to play on.

Not a fan of games on tablets so curious as to where I can download it. Think there's any hope of the original KOTOR being available to download off the PS network?
It's $10 on Steam for PC.
fig96
AG
jokershady said:

If you start now you might land one by launch date.
AliasMan02
AG
Just passed what feels like a really critical moment in the second High Republic novel. No spoilers or anything, but the narrative really picks up in the second act and the author does some great things with describing a battle from about 5 different perspectives.

But what was really great is a display of Force use when a Jedi taps the Dark Side. The Jedi are so often (almost always) shown as being these paragons. We see them fall the the Dark Side but it's usually a full fall. Dooku is a Jedi one moment and a Sith the next. Anakin isn't even really seduced by the Dark Side, but willingly gives himself over in a sort of bargain (but it's more nuanced of you take TCW into account).

In the book you get a great glimpse of a Jedi tapping into emotion, all in an effort to do good, and then this thing he wants to do (Force Unleased type stuff) isn't impossible. It's easy. The book describes Jedi beginning exhausted when using the Force for great feats, but in this case it leaves him feeling energized. It really makes clear how seductive the Dark Side is and how easy it works be to fall into using it.

The not-so-great book Heir to the Jedi, about Luke, has a great moment like this as well where Luke has trouble sensing where some assailants are until something happens that makes him feel anger and grief, at which point he can easily tell EXACTLY where they are.

I guess I just mention this as a plug for this series of books, but in general I always like it when Jedi are portrayed as corruptible and flawed and nuanced. Probably why I like Luke's TLJ arc so much.
Red Five
AG
AliasMan02 said:

I guess I just mention this as a plug for this series of books, but in general I always like it when Jedi are portrayed as corruptible and flawed and nuanced. Probably why I like Luke's TLJ arc so much.

I liked the EU series Legacy of the Force because it had similar ideas. The villain of that series didn't become a villain because he wanted to be evil or because he was selfish. He actually thought it would produce more good in the Galaxy for himself to turn to the dark side. I'm not a utilitarian in real life, but in a fantasy world it can make a story have some deeper threads to explore.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Legacy of the Force was a good series with lots of interesting choices and confrontations. The final scene between Kylo and Luke in TLJ echoed a lot on something Luke did in that series when confronting Jacen Solo.
TCTTS
AG

SpreadsheetAg
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

AliasMan02
AG
I know we're down on floating head posters, but that is fierce.
twilly
AG

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
Quad Dog
AG
My son asked this the other day and I thought it was funny: what does a physics textbook look like in the Star Wars universe? Does the force explain everything, even things like gravity?
First Page Last Page
Page 1054 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.