Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,886,472 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Remember Robert Rodriguez directed episode 6 of S2 of Mandalorian and he really loves this character.
YouBet
AG
Dro07 said:

Would love to to see cad bane in live action
Absolutely. I think it was Ahsoka 1 and Cad Bane 2 for me in Clone Wars.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'm working for a company that makes haptic suits for VR gaming and writing a bunch of immersive tech blogs for them. Already got to do one on the Star Wars hotel. Found this article today that does a pretty deep dive into Mando's use of VR location scouting - has a mistake about calling "The Jedi" the season finale, but otherwise has some good stuff.

https://vrscout.com/news/mandalorian-uses-vr-to-scout-new-filming-locations/#
DustysLineup
AG
I was looking for something in an old image folder and remembered that simpler, more innocent time of Snoke fan theories:

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Harry Lime said:

I was looking for something in an old image folder and remembered that simpler, more innocent time of Snoke fan theories:

One of my favorites:

Quad Dog
AG
Yeah buddy, this is the crossover we need.
jokershady
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Real Deal concept art from the Obi-Wan series.

artist rendering of a giant bacta tank seen on the set of Obi-Wan.

Book of Boba Fett rumors (in spoiler text)

Fett will be shown in upgraded armor in the present and his original armor for a series of flashbacks set between the end of Empire Strikes Back and when he shows up in the Mandalorian. FLASHBACKS SET DURING THE OT!!!!!!!!!!
TCTTS
AG
Hell yeah on all accounts.
Flashdiaz
AG
My body is ready

jeffk
AG
Your nipples look funny.
AliasMan02
AG
The Vader art looks like versions that have been planned for a few projects and we only glimpsed in RO.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
AliasMan02 said:

The Vader art looks like versions that have been planned for a few projects and we only glimpsed in RO.
I was thinking about Star Wars while taking out the trash (and at all other times) and thought what a plot twist it would be if Obi-Wan has to infiiltrate some Imperial facility or a Star Destroyer and stumbles across Vader in his unsuited form - sees what he's like now and is tempted to snuff him out but still can't do it. Seeing him on life support and all the appartus could give some more resonance to "he's more machine now than man."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I hope not cause that artist doesn't even know where Anakin's arms were cut off, apparently.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ag Since 83
AG
That reminds me it's been 3 years since I went to that concert. Wow time flies
C@LAg
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Book of Boba Fett rumors (in spoiler text)

Fett will be shown in upgraded armor in the present and his original armor for a series of flashbacks set between the end of Empire Strikes Back and when he shows up in the Mandalorian. FLASHBACKS SET DURING THE OT!!!!!!!!!!
I heard ILM has developed a new tech similar to their de-aging stuff used for the Marvel movies to de-gut Old Boba Fett so he can fit in the OT armor for these sequences.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I went to the Houston Symphony's concert back in 2009 with Anthony Daniels as MC. Was about 1 month after a good friend of mine committed suicide; really helped me get back to feeling like life was OK.

Next March, Houston Symphony doing life Return of the Jedi performance. Can't wait!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jokershady
AG
was thinking about this today....what is the first moment in the OT that we actually see a lightsaber deflect a blaster shot back at the enemy? think about it......

ANH: we see obi-wan use the lightsaber in the cantina but no blaster deflection....in the training sequence on the millennium falcon the lightsaber absorbs the shots but not actually deflect them back.....then the only other time one is used is obiwan vs vader.

ESB: we see it used several times on hoth (han opening the tauntaun, luke killing snow beast, luke opening whole in walker).....cave sequence on dagoba....and luke vs vader

it's just crazy to me to think that something that is so iconic to a lightsaber deflecting a shot back at the enemy didn't come back until ROTJ because as i recall we see this happen several times with the fight against jaba in the desert
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The word "Sith" wasn't said onscreen until 1999.
The Collective
AG
So, what are the known (or projected) release dates for movie/disney + content?
jokershady
AG
2022 will blow our little star wars minds
TCTTS
AG
I Have Spoken said:

So, what are the known (or projected) release dates for movie/disney + content?

There have been no official release date announcements from Disney as of yet, only an acknowledgment that Andor and Obi-Wan Kenobi will be releasing in 2022. That said, season three of The Mandalorian begins filming this fall, and considering everything else we know, it's looking like...

- Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett (Limited Series) - December 2021 (which will bleed into 2022)
- Star Wars: Andor (Season 1) - Early 2022
- Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Limited Series) - Summer 2022
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian (Season 3) - December 2022

Plus, there's The Bad Batch in the animation world, and though I don't really keep up with that, I'm assuming there will be a season two of that show in 2022 as well.
Mac94
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The word "Sith" wasn't said onscreen until 1999.
That is wild ... but the word was known as it was used on at least one of the original star wars cards from 1977/78
PatAg
AG
Lot of potential in that Andor series, they could tackle some neat stuff with it.
twilly
AG
The word Sith first appeared in the Star Wars novelization in 1976. Lucas used it in his screenplays, and Alan Dean Foster used it to describe Darth Vader's entrance.

Quote:

Two meters tall. Bipedal. Flowing black robes trailing from the figure and a face forever masked by a functional if bizarre black metal breath screen. A Dark Lord of the Sith was an awesome, threatening shape as it strode through the corridors of the rebel ship.

This article also explains how it was actually said during the filming of ANH, but was left on the cutting room floor.

A New Hope Cut Star Wars' First Mention Of The Sith

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
- Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett (Limited Series) - December 2021 (which will bleed into 2022)

- Star Wars: Andor (Season 1) - Early 2022

- Star Wars: The Mandalorian (Season 3) - December 2022

- Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Limited Series) - Summer 2022
TCTTS
AliasMan02
AG
I'm a good way into the second of the tent pole High Republic books. It has a lot of the strengths of the first books... the primary of which is really high stakes with consequences, something that lacks in most Star Wars secondary works.

It has a weakness that is fairly common to Star Wars, in that the power of the Jedi is so magnified that to create a real threat you have to find enemies or tech or powers that break established rules. One example in this case (not really a spoiler) is having a threat that can contravene the "rules" of hyperspace travel. But, they have a great threat that isn't just some sort of anti-Jedi, to their very great credit.

This is all culminating with the only High Republic story most of you are likely to consume, The Acolyte, a limited Disney+ series that occurs at the end of the High Republic era and presumably is about the return of the Sith to the galactic stage, albeit in the shadows.

Given what we're seen from Star Wars TV and what I've seen of the High Republic era stuff, this looks like it could end up being VERY strong as a 2023 follow up to that 2022 slate.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
twilly said:

The word Sith first appeared in the Star Wars novelization in 1976. Lucas used it in his screenplays, and Alan Dean Foster used it to describe Darth Vader's entrance.

Quote:

Two meters tall. Bipedal. Flowing black robes trailing from the figure and a face forever masked by a functional if bizarre black metal breath screen. A Dark Lord of the Sith was an awesome, threatening shape as it strode through the corridors of the rebel ship.

This article also explains how it was actually said during the filming of ANH, but was left on the cutting room floor.

A New Hope Cut Star Wars' First Mention Of The Sith
Well, I have to say that I learned something today. I still have that original novelization, in quite a tattered state, that I bought with whatever lawn-mowing money I got, back in the summer of '77. I also still have the Splinter of the Mind's Eye book. But never did I know that Alan Dean Foster ghost wrote the novelization.

Alan Dean Foster Wrote the First Star Wars Book
The Collective
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
AliasMan02 said:

I'm a good way into the second of the tent pole High Republic books. It has a lot of the strengths of the first books... the primary of which is really high stakes with consequences, something that lacks in most Star Wars secondary works.

It has a weakness that is fairly common to Star Wars, in that the power of the Jedi is so magnified that to create a real threat you have to find enemies or tech or powers that break established rules. One example in this case (not really a spoiler) is having a threat that can contravene the "rules" of hyperspace travel. But, they have a great threat that isn't just some sort of anti-Jedi, to their very great credit.

This is all culminating with the only High Republic story most of you are likely to consume, The Acolyte, a limited Disney+ series that occurs at the end of the High Republic era and presumably is about the return of the Sith to the galactic stage, albeit in the shadows.

Given what we're seen from Star Wars TV and what I've seen of the High Republic era stuff, this looks like it could end up being VERY strong as a 2023 follow up to that 2022 slate.
I really need to get into the High Republic but I'm so behind on my recreational reading that I can't justify buying the books just to have them sit somewhere.

Only request for the Acolyte / High Republic series is that the theme song is "Back in the High Life" by Steve Winwood with an 80s-TV style montage of characters.
tk for tu juan
I am behind on SW news, just saw the trailer for Star Wars: Visions last night. Interested in seeing the one that looks like a charcoal drawing with the only color coming from the sabers and blasters. What type of anime is that? Looking at the cast list for that episode and saw they have the Drift King playing the role of Ronin

jokershady
AG
So I'm watching ESB right now and they just landed in cloud city….and damn after watching this I realize I didn't give Solo enough credit on getting Alden Ehrenreich to look the part of a young Han Solo….such a strong resemblance that I'd never noticed before.
First Page Last Page
Page 1053 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.