Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,888,146 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Snoke was a Palpatine clone:

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-inside-intel-palpatines-contingency-plan

Destiny, and the Contingency, would catch up to Rey in the form of the First Order, led by one of Palpatine's evil duplicates called Snoke. Although Snoke was unsuccessful in bringing Rey to Palpatine, and was unexpectedly killed by his protege Kylo Ren, Palpatine continued to pull the strings in order to reel in his granddaughter so he could finally achieve ultimate power.

I assume this is the first confirmation from Lucasfilm/StarWars.com about this?

i know many assumed, but was there ever definitive confirmation like this?
TCTTS
AG
Wasn't this basically confirmed in ROTS when we saw a bunch of Snoke clones in a vat toward the end?

* Editing after your edit to say that makes sense.
C@LAg
TCTTS said:

Wasn't this basically confirmed in ROTS when we saw a bunch of Snoke clones in a vat toward the end?

I still have not seen ROTS...

so if it was in there, I would have no clue.
TCTTS
AG
Wait, what? How? Why?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Whether he is or isn't makes not a bit of difference to me at this point. Still an irrelevant, nothing burger of a character in the end.
C@LAg
TCTTS said:

Wait, what? How? Why?
that is why i mostly stayed out of all the ROTS discussion, post launch.

Once all the (bad) spoilers were proved true, I just couldn't watch it.
jokershady
AG
C@LAg said:

TCTTS said:

other than a few nice scenes you're not missing much
C@LAg
But if you guys get the chance to see Suicide Squad this weekend (either on streaming or the theater. Do so.

redline248
AG
C@LAg said:

TCTTS said:

I just want to point out that continual use of acronym can lead to confusion.

ROTS = revenge of the sith
TROS = the rise of skywalker

As to the particular discussion, when I saw the vat of Snokes, I just casually assumed they were some other kind of home grown creature and not Palpatine clones. The Palpatine we see in Rise looks like Palpatine from Episode 6, where as Snoke is taller and all deformed. Doesn't sound like Palpatine, either.

In my mind, it's just more of Disney/Star Wars trying to salvage their terrible planning and execution with the sequels.

But, as Spilner said...it doesn't even f-ing matter.
TCTTS
AG
I kept thinking it was "Rise of the Skywalker" for some reason. Absolutely nothing about this movie sticks with me, except for how bad it was.
Malachi Constant
AG
C@LAg said:

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-inside-intel-palpatines-contingency-plan

Destiny, and the Contingency, would catch up to Rey in the form of the First Order, led by one of Palpatine's evil duplicates called Snoke. Although Snoke was unsuccessful in bringing Rey to Palpatine, and was unexpectedly killed by his protege Kylo Ren, Palpatine continued to pull the strings in order to reel in his granddaughter so he could finally achieve ultimate power.

My God this is so dumb.

(Not you C@LAg. I'm referring to the stupidity of this story).
israeliag
AG
TCTTS said:

I kept thinking it was "Rise of the Skywalker" for some reason. Absolutely nothing about this movie sticks with me, except for how bad it was.

No, no. It's Revenge of the Skywalker and The Rise of Sith.

(Said jokingly but I think that actually makes more sense.)
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
JJ was on the Smartless podcast this week and has a great message for continuingly disgruntled fans
redline248
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

JJ was on the Smartless podcast this week and has a great message for continuingly disgruntled fans
Well, I'll do what he would do with my opinion, and not give a f-ck
Whos Juan
AG
Malachi Constant said:

C@LAg said:

My God this is so dumb.

(Not you C@LAg. I'm referring to the stupidity of this story).
So Palpatine basically wanted to Parent Trap Rey?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

The thing he said about anti-feminists?

Except none of it applies to most of the people in this thread who have legitimate gripes against the movie, and it has nothing to do with the trilogy being led by a female.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I was referring to the part where he said if you don't like what he's done, go **** yourself.
AliasMan02
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

I was referring to the part where he said if you don't like what he's done, go **** yourself.

The thing is, he knows it's not good. He knows.
redline248
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

100%
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Can we get a Denis Villanueve retcon with Ridley Scott producing?
Chipotlemonger
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Can we get a Denis Villanueve retcon with Ridley Scott producing?
YouBet
AG
redline248 said:

C@LAg said:

TCTTS said:

I just want to point out that continual use of acronym can lead to confusion.

ROTS = revenge of the sith
TROS = the rise of skywalker

As to the particular discussion, when I saw the vat of Snokes, I just casually assumed they were some other kind of home grown creature and not Palpatine clones. The Palpatine we see in Rise looks like Palpatine from Episode 6, where as Snoke is taller and all deformed. Doesn't sound like Palpatine, either.

In my mind, it's just more of Disney/Star Wars trying to salvage their terrible planning and execution with the sequels.

But, as Spilner said...it doesn't even f-ing matter.
It's absolutely this.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CSM-3BmgiHb/?utm_medium=copy_link
redline248
AG
So great
jokershady
AG
Awesome! Back when I went with the family in 2017 the storm troopers (as well as Kylo Ren) had only pre-programmed things they could say..y'all think it's still that way or can the actors themselves actually speak in those suits now?
Saxsoon
AG
jokershady said:

Awesome! Back when I went with the family in 2017 the storm troopers (as well as Kylo Ren) had only pre-programmed things they could say..y'all think it's still that way or can the actors themselves actually speak in those suits now?
I heard that one in another video where a guy was holding his lightsaber out (last jedi is not you). They have likely expanded it, especially with people screwing around with lightsabers and such.
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
gougler08
AG
jokershady said:

Yeah I think they can say anything now, they are quite interactive especially with little kids
redline248
AG
When we went, I took my 5 yr old son to get a picture with Vader. Son was wearing a Star Wars shirt with Vader's helmet on it. The guy in the suit told him how much he appreciated his loyalty. Was pretty cool.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248 said:

When we went, I took my 5 yr old son to get a picture with Vader. Son was wearing a Star Wars shirt with Vader's helmet on it. The guy in the suit told him how much he appreciated his loyalty. Was pretty cool.

He's a person and his name is Anakin.
Yoda
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

redline248 said:

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Tall Yoda creeps me out.

jokershady
AG
If any of y'all have 7.5 minutes to spare some of these are pretty dang good

Hagen95
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

redline248 said:

TCTTS
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 1047 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.