Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,888,440 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I told my wife that if she can't get into the role playing aspect I'm taking somebody else.
Keegan99
AG
double aught said:

Holy hell, that is steep. Still, they'll have no problems selling it out.

The hotel only has ~100 rooms, so a capacity of only ~400.

And those are the off-peak prices.
redline248
AG
AliasMan02 said:

I told my wife that if she can't get into the role playing aspect I'm taking somebody else.
Exactly. I'm already trying to think how I can "star wars" our wardrobe
AliasMan02
AG
When we go, I think we're going all in. Get the bigger suite and just pour money into it. No half measures.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
100% immersion into star wars on a giant spaceship where you can dress like you live in the galaxy, use a real light Saber, learn to pilot a ship, interact with Chewbacca, droids, aliens, and also go to galaxy edge whenever you want. This is the realization of the lawyer from jurassic park's dream about charging whatever they want. If paramount or CBS isn't planning something similar with the enterprise right now, they are the biggest idiots alive.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's a lotta credits.
fig96
AG
Right idea, but dunno if Trek has a big enough market for this (at least not at this scale).

And I think you're missing the big dollar IP someone else has that's begging for this.

Try Harry Potter.
Keegan99
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

That's a lotta credits.

Maybe Disney will accept beskar?

It's rare, but everyone seems to have a little laying around.
gougler08
AG
fig96 said:

Right idea, bur dunno if Trek has a big enough market for this (at least not at this scale).

And I think you're missing the big dollar IP someone else has that's begging for this.

Try Harry Potter.
You could add some 0's to the price for Harry Potter
Quad Dog
AG
They've done a really good job with the Harry Potter World at Universal. But being able to stay inside Hogwarts would just print money.
Quad Dog
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
fig96 said:

Right idea, bur dunno if Trek has a big enough market for this (at least not at this scale).

Try Harry Potter.
Star Trek fans have been holding conventions for more than 50 years and pretty much invented fan culture.

HP has Diagon Alley at Universal. You can drop $1,000 there before you even get on a ride, they've got so much merch.
gougler08
AG
Quad Dog said:

They've done a really good job with the Harry Potter World at Universal. But being able to stay inside Hogwarts would just print money.
Agreed
jokershady
AG
AliasMan02 said:

It's here.

$4800 for a couple. $6000 for a family of four.

IN!

been waiting for this news! Heard about this concept years ago

This is one of those deals that if I was young, dumb, and single I'd try everything in my power to work there no matter how long it took
dave99ag
AG
That looks amazing!

This will give me a few years to save up for when my kids are old enough to enjoy the experience.
fig96
AG
Quad Dog said:

Honestly it's genius already, there's two parks with two rides in each and like 47 stores. But yes, exactly my point.
fig96
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

fig96 said:

Try Harry Potter.
Star Trek fans have been holding conventions for more than 50 years and pretty much invented fan culture.

HP has Diagon Alley at Universal. You can drop $1,000 there before you even get on a ride, they've got so much merch.
I'm familiar, but it's not a matter of loyalty but scale. Disney can do this with Star Wars because of the size and widespread popularity of that fandom.

And again, I'm familiar Adding an immersive experience would be huge.
gougler08
AG
fig96 said:

Quad Dog said:

Honestly it's genius already, there's two parks with two rides in each and like 47 stores. But yes, exactly my point.
The Hagrid ride is badass
Duncan Idaho
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

fig96 said:

Try Harry Potter.

I haven't been to Batuu but Diagon alley set a pretty damn high bar. From the second you round that corner, you are in Harry Potter's universe.

Does the Disney star wars stuff have anything like the wands in Diagon Alley?
Farmer1906
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

fig96 said:

Try Harry Potter.

I haven't been to Batuu but Diagon alley set a pretty damn high bar. From the second you round that corner, you are in Harry Potter's universe.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/shops/hollywood-studios/savis-workshop-handbuilt-lightsabers/
YouBet
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

fig96 said:

Try Harry Potter.

You serious, Clark?
Duncan Idaho
Farmer1906 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

fig96 said:

Try Harry Potter.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/shops/hollywood-studios/savis-workshop-handbuilt-lightsabers/

Do those allow you to interact with the environment and move things with the force?
The wands at Diagon alley let you cast spells by causing things to happen when you wave them a certain way in specific locations.

Saxsoon
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

fig96 said:

Try Harry Potter.

I have been in the Wand shop and Savis.

Savis blows the wand shop the **** out of the water.

While purchasing your access (outside) Kylo and stormtroopers occasionally will walk up. The cast members immediately hide the registers and stop all communication with you until they leave. Building the lightsaber was something so emotional for me as a 30 year old getting to do that with my 60 year old father. Us grinning like idiots when you hear yoda talk about the legacy of the Jedi. I spent $180 for the experience and got a nice lightsaber on the side
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
double aught
AG
Do they do anything?
Duncan Idaho
I have no doubt building a light saber and buying a wand are in 2 completely different leagues. I was speaking more to the interactive aspect of the wands and was wondering if star wars has some way that lets you use the force while walking around that part of the park
gougler08
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

I have no doubt building a light saber and buying a wand are in 2 completely different leagues. I was speaking more to the interactive aspect of the wands and was wondering if star wars has some way that lets you use the force while walking around that part of the park
No, I don't think there's anything interactive like the wands for HP
CoachRTM
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Farmer1906 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

fig96 said:

Try Harry Potter.

Do those allow you to interact with the environment and move things with the force?
The wands at Diagon alley let you cast spells by causing things to happen when you wave them a certain way in specific locations.

No, the lightsabers do not interact with the environment.

There will be interactive deals at the hotel mentioned above. I haven't been following super closely, but they mentioned that you will be a living character in the world during your two days. If you go on an adventure say you fly the Millenium Falcon and cause a lot of damage to the ship the cast can see that information and can ask you about the damage you caused and what you're going to do about it, etc.
twilly
AG
Sample Galactic Starcruiser itinerary

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
The Collective
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

This is the realization of the lawyer from jurassic park's dream about charging whatever they want.

Well, then, I'll wait for the coupon day.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Not everyone is a fan I guess:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is just a test run for what Disney is really planning -- an actual space cruise.
ArmyAg2002
AG
Looks like the schedule for camp.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
For $100 an hour, I'm going to need Slave Leia, Geonosis Padme, and Oola on stand-by.
Saxsoon
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

For $100 an hour, I'm going to need Slave Leia, Geonosis Padme, and Oola on stand-by.
That's the Jar Jar level. For that tier easily $10k per hour
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
TrustTheAwesomeness
AG
Saxsoon said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

That's the Jar Jar level. For that tier easily $10k per hour

How much for 5 minutes? Asking for a friend
First Page Last Page
Page 1046 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.