Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,888,614 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
omg this is excellent reversal of an already great meme
Saxsoon
AG
Both versions of that meme are just incredible and so happy it exists
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Sizzling rumor from Obi-Wan production says he

fights an Inquisitor
jokershady
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

fights an Inquisitor
how many of them are there? in rebels we see several and they're all killed off
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Saxsoon
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

fights an Inquisitor

Yesss
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Just read a good interview in Star Wars Insider visiting Timothy Zahn about Heir to the Empire coming out 30 years ago.

He had never written a series before. Most people know he originally wanted the insane clone to be of Obi-Wan, not Jorus C'baoth. He also originally planned for the Noghri to be the race called the Sith, because up to that point the only thing we knew about the Sith was that Vader's title was "Lord of the Sith" - but Lucas said it was off limits.

His description of how Thrawn was created was really interesting to read. He knew he didn't want to use a super weapon and he didn't want someone like Vader or Palps who led by fear and intimidation, so he went with someone who would inspire loyalty, and thought the best way to do that in the military would be through strategy and great tactics, like men thought they were going to win every battle. Then he wanted an alien since Vader and Palps were human, and arrived at Thrawn.

redline248
AG
Cool stuff
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good watch with a heavy focus on the TPM trailer.

YNWA_AG
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Good watch with a heavy focus on the TPM trailer.

Dude looks like a poor mans Johnny Football
YouBet
AG
Random observation: sitting here watching Empire on TNT because I think they show it every year on this day. Plus, it's cloudy/rainy, I'm drinking margs, and waiting on fireworks later this evening but I digress.

After Luke is rescued from Cloud City they are trying to escape Vader and Luke is laid up in falcon bed all beat to hell. Leia gives him a weird kiss on the mouth. That seems odd to me after she's been mugging down with Han earlier in the film and clearly loves Han now.

So, Luke has been separated from the two of them most of the film and is unaware that they are now in love. Seems pretty crappy of Leia to do this knowing Luke is not aware of their newfound love and could lead him on. Why is she kissing him on the lips? I don't have any girl friends that kiss me on the lips.

I've never noticed that kiss before in the 1000 times I've watched this movie.
YouBet
AG
The CGI music show Lucas added into Jabba's Palace in ROTJ is a GD abortion. Good lord. Pisses me off every time I see it.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
YouBet said:

Random observation: sitting here watching Empire on TNT because I think they show it every year on this day. Plus, it's cloudy/rainy, I'm drinking margs, and waiting on fireworks later this evening but I digress.

After Luke is rescued from Cloud City they are trying to escape Vader and Luke is laid up in falcon bed all beat to hell. Leia gives him a weird kiss on the mouth. That seems odd to me after she's been mugging down with Han earlier in the film and clearly loves Han now.

So, Luke has been separated from the two of them most of the film and is unaware that they are now in love. Seems pretty crappy of Leia to do this knowing Luke is not aware of their newfound love and could lead him on. Why is she kissing him on the lips? I don't have any girl friends that kiss me on the lips.

I've never noticed that kiss before in the 1000 times I've watched this movie.
She's probably kinda pissed that Han's response to her declaration of "I love you" was "I know." Not exactly what a girl wants to hear. Plus Luke looks like's barely hanging on (pun intended) when they rescue him, might as well try to rev his engine back up if they're going to be fighting off a Star Destroyer.

Lando was probably peeking around the corner for that kiss thinking, "Damn, guess I'm on deck."
redline248
AG
For all Leia knew, that's the last time she'd ever see Han.
bluefire579
AG
YouBet said:

The CGI music show Lucas added into Jabba's Palace in ROTJ is a GD abortion. Good lord. Pisses me off every time I see it.
Yeah, there were some bad changes to the special editions, but that one is just the absolute worst.
Red Five
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Studio Trigger and Hiroyuki Imaishi? Insert open the gate meme.
fig96
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Very Animatrix which I am totally here for.
Malachi Constant
AG

AliasMan02
AG
I only have a couple of hours left in the final Alphabet Squadron book and I'm sad it's ending. They're really good. I'm trying to place them in the new canon novels and debating if they're better overall than the Aftermath series.

One thing I'll say for sure is they pull off something that is very difficult: writing really exciting, well put together space battles. The best I've ever read in Star Wars novels. They feel very dangerous and chaotic and stressful while not getting confused. Each pilot who is a major character has his or her own very distinct flying style and relationship with his or her ship. Very cool and fun to read.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
So, I'm on the phone with a client early this morning, preparing to ghostwrite their power of positive thinking book - about the 78 millionth one of those I've written - and he's rambling on about catch phrases and I throw out Qui-Gon's "Your Focus Determines Your Reality" and homeboy acts like I've just re-invented the wheel and that's so amazing.

I felt like Jerry Seinfeld giving Susan Ross's parents the speech about Spock not really being gone that ropes George into being on the board of her charitable foundation.
jokershady
AG
See if he has the same reaction about sand.
redline248
AG
jokershady said:

See if he has the same reaction about sand.
Imagine writing something like "Negative emotions are like sand. Rough and course, and it gets everywhere."
jokershady
AG
Have any of y'all watched Star Wars Legos: The Freemakers? I'm almost through season 1 (it's only 2 seasons) and it's actually getting pretty dang good on top of it having some good humor.

The first 3-4 episodes were really so-so but needless to say I'm loving this show now.

Anyone watch both seasons? And for those that know, is this canon?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248
AG
My issue with this kind of stuff is that all we have from the Jedi's perspective is Eps 1-3, which are really lacking on how they feel about slavery or why they don't do more on non republic planets. These blurbs that come out in books or whatever are all pretty 1 sided.

I'm still not sure if Lucas wanted to portray the Jedi as arrogant and set in their ways or if it was just Palpatine being strong enough to fool them (or both). Dooku, like Anakin later, has already bought in fully to Palpatine's lies about the Jedi. The beauty of those lies is that they are just a slight twisting of the truth that gives them a believable realism.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's an amazing reflection of how these types of divides happen in the real world.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

In the excellent ROTS novelization, Yoda realizes in fighting Palpatine that he has been training the entire Jedi Order to fight the Sith that he grew up learning about, never guessing they would evolve into this cunning, able to wait for centruries to strike sort of enemy. In the meantime, the Jedi turned more and more into servants of the Republic instead of servants of the Force.

Sort of the way the Night's Watch in ASOIAF forgot about the Others and the undead and started thinking their mission was to keep the Wildings from getting south of the wall.
dave94
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

In the excellent ROTS novelization, Yoda realizes in fighting Palpatine that he has been training the entire Jedi Order to fight the Sith that he grew up learning about, never guessing they would evolve into this cunning, able to wait for centruries to strike sort of enemy. In the meantime, the Jedi turned more and more into servants of the Republic instead of servants of the Force.

Sort of the way the Night's Watch in ASOIAF forgot about the Others and the undead and started thinking their mission was to keep the Wildings from getting south of the wall.
That's a great analogy.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nice.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
24 Emmy nominations for season 2 of the Mandalorian, a large # of them for the Ahsoka episode, and acting nods for Greef Karga, Cobb Vanth, and Moff Gideon

https://www.emmys.com/shows/mandalorian
Red Five
AG
I thought Bill Burr was better than all three of those. Disappointed to not see him get a nod.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
All the nominations are great, but bummed to see no Bill Burr.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 1043 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.