Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,885,872 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Boba Fett earned my respect in one episode of The Mandalorian.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Several cool BTS pics from across the trilogies.

Friendly game of "who are people going to hate more?"

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
une 16, 2021 - LOS ANGELES, CA. Today, Anime Expo announced that Lucasfilm will bring a galaxy far, far away to Anime Expo Lite this July with Star Wars: Visions - Sneak Preview.

Join host and pop culture maven Chastity Vicencio and Lucasfilm's Jacqui Lopez (Executive Producer), James Waugh (Executive Producer), Josh Rimes (Executive Producer), and Qubic Pictures' Justin Leach (Co-Executive Producer) and Kanako Shirasaki (Producer) for an inside look at Star Wars: Visions before the series debuts on Disney+ later this year.

Full panel details:

Star Wars: Visions - Sneak Preview
July 3, 2021 / 3:00 PM PST
Duration: 30 minutes

Lucasfilm's Star Wars: Visions is an upcoming anthology of animated shorts celebrating Star Wars through the lens of the world's best anime creators and storytellers. Tune in for a sneak peek that will leave you excited for this all-new vision of the galaxy far, far away!

For more on Star Wars: Visions, visit StarWars.com. For a complete list of Anime Expo Lite panels and for information on how to tune in, visit anime-expo.org.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Met this guy outside a hotel today in Austin. He was wearing a Porg T-shirt.

redline248
AG
awesome
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
double aught
AG
OnlyForNow
AG
Good people.
gougler08
AG
Boarding group 45 for rise of the resistance today

Also, with Disney's new policy on masks, they are not even requiring kids (who can't be vaccinated) to wear them so it's basically back to normal but still not full capacity.
Saxsoon
AG
gougler08 said:

Also, with Disney's new policy on masks, they are not even requiring kids (who can't be vaccinated) to wear them so it's basically back to normal but still not full capacity.

We're you at your hotel on the WiFi or on your network (which one) or at the parks already?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Good people.
When the artist formerly known as Muckraker96 was involved in a near-fatal car crash in 2016 that saw him spend 6 weeks in a coma and lose his right leg, his brother contacted Disney/Lucasfilm to ask if they could do something special for this severely depressed Star Wars super fan.

They responded by having an ILM employee who had been involved in a similar accident contact Mr. Muckraker by email, phone, and eventually Skype for an hour-long call that included a sneak peak at what said employee was working on for Episode VIII: The Last Jedi.

Despite being under no obligation to do so, said employee continues to keep up with your favorite/least favorite poster to check in, take stock of his mental health, and occasionally drop a tasty morsel about what's going on behind closed doors.
OnlyForNow
AG
Fat bib. You're muck?

And I had no idea about your accident.
Red Five
AG
Saxsoon said:

gougler08 said:

We're you at your hotel on the WiFi or on your network (which one) or at the parks already?
When I went in April I made my reservation on the resort wifi because it tested faster than my Verizon service. Got boarding group 10.
redline248
AG
Anyone made it though all the High Republic books that are out, yet? Are they any good?
bluefire579
AG
I read Light of the Jedi. It had some decent moments, particularly the opening disaster that drives the whole narrative, but I found it overall underwhelming. It was very clearly setting up a series, and it didn't seem to have a contained plot, and I only found maybe a couple of the characters particularly memorable.

I'll probably wait to see how the series develops before getting any deeper into it.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Fat bib. You're muck?

And I had no idea about your accident.
I was off TexAgs for about 20 months or so in 16/17. Missed seeing Rogue One in the theaters! Did give me a chance to make a lot of great jokes like being more machine now than man and being out of it for a while and everyone having delusions of grandeur.

ILM contact let me look at a full CGI model Snoke's command ship and a real scale model of it during my Skype call.

Changed my user name back in January or February.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Had no idea you were muck either wow. Was it you that wrote the fan fic on this thread?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Had no idea you were muck either wow. Was it you that wrote the fan fic on this thread?
I've written many, but the Grogu / Luke one from earlier this year is mine , along with the giant wave of mockery that followed.
jokershady
AG
From what I've heard about Adam Driver is that he's basically Keanu Reeves 2.0
Saxsoon
AG
jokershady said:

That can mean a lot of things.

In what way?
LPHA
AG
He knows Kung Fu
jokershady
AG
Saxsoon said:

jokershady said:

In what way?
whelp when I originally wrote that it was regarding how nice of a guy he is.

But now that you got me thinking about it, Adam Driver did serve in the Marines and joined right after 9/11.so yeah he could kill a man
gougler08
AG
Saxsoon said:

gougler08 said:

We were at the hotel but off WiFi when we did it this morning at straight up 7am
AliasMan02
AG
redline248 said:

Anyone made it though all the High Republic books that are out, yet? Are they any good?

I've only read Light of the Jedi so far. The biggest props I give it is from the jump, they are not screwing around. HUGE stakes.

But, it does spend a lot of time setting things up and the pace probably suffers for it. It is cool to see the Republic and Jedi at the height of their power and glory. And the villains are really good.

Complaint about it, I know, is that it is "woke." Even if this bothers you, I can't imagine it would detract unless you are offended or distracted when they introduce a married couple who are both dudes. This month for Pride I know they have featured some characters from the era who use "they" pronouns or are queer. But it's not like the stories are ABOUT that.

I'll definitely read more once I finish up the last Alphabet Squadron book.
SpreadsheetAg
OnlyForNow
AG
Anyone read Jedi Academy to their kids?

My 6 year old and I flew through the first 3 books but now that the author And style has changed having a hard time getting through #4.
YouBet
AG
jokershady said:

Saxsoon said:

jokershady said:

In what way?
whelp when I originally wrote that it was regarding how nice of a guy he is.

But now that you got me thinking about it, Adam Driver did serve in the Marines and joined right after 9/11.so yeah he could kill a man
Always laugh at the comment that someone made about Driver: He looks someone with no artistic talent tried to hand draw Keanu. Or something like that.
TCTTS
AG
redline248
AG
I love this meme so, so much.
YouBet
AG
Lol.

https://instagr.am/p/CQyNwQ9r3O7
Cinco Ranch Aggie
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 1042 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.