Star Wars Discussion Thread

4,386,745 Views | 36957 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by redline248
sburg2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Starting "heir to the empire" and the entire thrawn trilogy. Why couldn't they just roll with this for the sequel trilogy?
powerbelly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
sburg2007 said:

Starting "heir to the empire" and the entire thrawn trilogy. Why couldn't they just roll with this for the sequel trilogy?
We couldn't have that much awesome on film.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why pay movie rights to an author when you can hire a bunch of diversity nerds to give you woke wars?
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
sburg2007 said:

Starting "heir to the empire" and the entire thrawn trilogy. Why couldn't they just roll with this for the sequel trilogy?
For starters, Leia and Luke are in their mid-30s in the books and Leia is pregnant with twins. 2015 Carrie Fisher was crabby enough without morning sickness.
sburg2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OBVIOUSLY we can't take the story verbatim, but it could've advanced with the twins, Thrawn, etc. however, post menopausal Pregnant leia would've been... about as cool as super-man in space leia.
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

sburg2007 said:

Starting "heir to the empire" and the entire thrawn trilogy. Why couldn't they just roll with this for the sequel trilogy?
For starters, Leia and Luke are in their mid-30s in the books and Leia is pregnant with twins. 2015 Carrie Fisher was crabby enough without morning sickness.

Just recast the roles for the people who are too old
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Han and Lando have already been recast so precedent is set.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Would Daisy Ridley have made a good Leia?

Obviously has the wrong accent
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GiveEmHellBill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And 19 years later, I still don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PatAg said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

sburg2007 said:

Starting "heir to the empire" and the entire thrawn trilogy. Why couldn't they just roll with this for the sequel trilogy?
For starters, Leia and Luke are in their mid-30s in the books and Leia is pregnant with twins. 2015 Carrie Fisher was crabby enough without morning sickness.

Just recast the roles for the people who are too old
I wouldn't have gone to see a Star Wars movie post-ROTJ recast Han, Luke, and Leia.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:


AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
sburg2007 said:

OBVIOUSLY we can't take the story verbatim, but it could've advanced with the twins, Thrawn, etc. however, post menopausal Pregnant leia would've been... about as cool as super-man in space leia.


The prequels made this impossible. What the Force is and how it works didn't align with these books. And everything about the Clone Wars played out differently than Zahn wrote it.

Also, hilariously, the Luke of that series had literally fallen to the Dark Side and willingly served as apprentice to a resurrected Emperor. How would the TLJ haters have liked THAT?
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

PatAg said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

sburg2007 said:

Starting "heir to the empire" and the entire thrawn trilogy. Why couldn't they just roll with this for the sequel trilogy?
For starters, Leia and Luke are in their mid-30s in the books and Leia is pregnant with twins. 2015 Carrie Fisher was crabby enough without morning sickness.

Just recast the roles for the people who are too old
I wouldn't have gone to see a Star Wars movie post-ROTJ recast Han, Luke, and Leia.


It's gonna happen. I think the Sebastian Stan thing possibly has legs, even.

If the stories are important, and they are the myths and epics of our age as we tend to say they are, then the characters have to be bigger than the actors.
Ulrich
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AliasMan02 said:

sburg2007 said:

OBVIOUSLY we can't take the story verbatim, but it could've advanced with the twins, Thrawn, etc. however, post menopausal Pregnant leia would've been... about as cool as super-man in space leia.


The prequels made this impossible. What the Force is and how it works didn't align with these books. And everything about the Clone Wars played out differently than Zahn wrote it.

Also, hilariously, the Luke of that series had literally fallen to the Dark Side and willingly served as apprentice to a resurrected Emperor. How would the TLJ haters have liked THAT?

If it was a good movie they would probably figure it out. TLJ was a bad movie with some really egregious faults, and once you lose a nerd audience they go nuts picking apart things they would forgive in a movie they otherwise like.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:





And you know the opposite is true. You'll never miss a single Star Wars movie. And neither will I.
sburg2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I JUST started, but I can dig it!
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AliasMan02 said:

sburg2007 said:

OBVIOUSLY we can't take the story verbatim, but it could've advanced with the twins, Thrawn, etc. however, post menopausal Pregnant leia would've been... about as cool as super-man in space leia.


The prequels made this impossible. What the Force is and how it works didn't align with these books. And everything about the Clone Wars played out differently than Zahn wrote it.

Also, hilariously, the Luke of that series had literally fallen to the Dark Side and willingly served as apprentice to a resurrected Emperor. How would the TLJ haters have liked THAT?
I think that mischaracterizes what happened a bit. He was essentially forced to because he was out matched, and at first, he didn't know he was evil. From what I recall anyway.
Red Five
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YouBet said:

AliasMan02 said:

sburg2007 said:

OBVIOUSLY we can't take the story verbatim, but it could've advanced with the twins, Thrawn, etc. however, post menopausal Pregnant leia would've been... about as cool as super-man in space leia.


The prequels made this impossible. What the Force is and how it works didn't align with these books. And everything about the Clone Wars played out differently than Zahn wrote it.

Also, hilariously, the Luke of that series had literally fallen to the Dark Side and willingly served as apprentice to a resurrected Emperor. How would the TLJ haters have liked THAT?
I think that mischaracterizes what happened a bit. He was essentially forced to because he was out matched, and at first, he didn't know he was evil. From what I recall anyway.
Also, Luke joining with the resurrected Palpatine happened after the Thrawn trilogy so it's a moot point as far as wanting to see Heir to the Empire on screen.
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Red Five said:

YouBet said:

AliasMan02 said:

sburg2007 said:

OBVIOUSLY we can't take the story verbatim, but it could've advanced with the twins, Thrawn, etc. however, post menopausal Pregnant leia would've been... about as cool as super-man in space leia.


The prequels made this impossible. What the Force is and how it works didn't align with these books. And everything about the Clone Wars played out differently than Zahn wrote it.

Also, hilariously, the Luke of that series had literally fallen to the Dark Side and willingly served as apprentice to a resurrected Emperor. How would the TLJ haters have liked THAT?
I think that mischaracterizes what happened a bit. He was essentially forced to because he was out matched, and at first, he didn't know he was evil. From what I recall anyway.
Also, Luke joining with the resurrected Palpatine happened after the Thrawn trilogy so it's a moot point as far as wanting to see Heir to the Empire on screen.


Lol. True. I had C'baoth in my head.
canadiaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Visiting Disneyworld with the fam, walking around Galaxy's Edge today with an Aggie hat on. One of the cast members on my way out of a shop goes "hmm... from the College Station system..."

We're Star Wars canon now boys
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's amazing.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
May the gig be with 'em.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
canadiaggie said:

Visiting Disneyworld with the fam, walking around Galaxy's Edge today with an Aggie hat on. One of the cast members on my way out of a shop goes "hmm... from the College Station system..."

We're Star Wars canon now boys
Had an experience two years ago similar. Was wearing a well-worn Texas A&M Football shirt (on the day the Ags "lost" to UGA). Stopped to get my picture taken in front of the X-Wing, and the gal taking the photo said, "Gig 'Em, I'm Class of '22".
hunter2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

May the gig be with you.
I see your Gig is as big as mine, but do you know how to use it?
Claude!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
YouBet said:

AliasMan02 said:

sburg2007 said:

OBVIOUSLY we can't take the story verbatim, but it could've advanced with the twins, Thrawn, etc. however, post menopausal Pregnant leia would've been... about as cool as super-man in space leia.


The prequels made this impossible. What the Force is and how it works didn't align with these books. And everything about the Clone Wars played out differently than Zahn wrote it.

Also, hilariously, the Luke of that series had literally fallen to the Dark Side and willingly served as apprentice to a resurrected Emperor. How would the TLJ haters have liked THAT?
I think that mischaracterizes what happened a bit. He was essentially forced to because he was out matched, and at first, he didn't know he was evil. From what I recall anyway.
So you're saying that from his point of view...
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I like to post this every few years in case anyone on this thread was in attendance, or is the "Beat the hell outta Darth Maul!" guy. (CS Cinemark in Feb 2012)

Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
canadiaggie said:

Visiting Disneyworld with the fam, walking around Galaxy's Edge today with an Aggie hat on. One of the cast members on my way out of a shop goes "hmm... from the College Station system..."

We're Star Wars canon now boys


I remember asking for directions to Toy Story Land and they pointed in the general direction and said to grab a shuttle to go offworld. The cast members are really incredible at keeping in character.
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I like to post this every few years in case anyone on this thread was in attendance, or is the "Beat the hell outta Darth Maul!" guy. (CS Cinemark in Feb 2012)




I was at that screening

I wasn't Btho darth Maul but I may be someone else yelling in that video stupid ****
Aggie_Journalist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When I interned in NYC in the summer of 2009, I soon discovered that a dozen+ Star Wars fans would lightsaber duel at sunset in Washington Square Park every Wednesday.

Grabbing a to-go bite and eating in Washington square park became a much more regular thing after that.
Thanks and gig'em
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

PatAg said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

sburg2007 said:

Starting "heir to the empire" and the entire thrawn trilogy. Why couldn't they just roll with this for the sequel trilogy?
For starters, Leia and Luke are in their mid-30s in the books and Leia is pregnant with twins. 2015 Carrie Fisher was crabby enough without morning sickness.

Just recast the roles for the people who are too old
I wouldn't have gone to see a Star Wars movie post-ROTJ recast Han, Luke, and Leia.
You would once you heard the story was amazing and the movie was great...which is clearly not a given
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CO-vNPgBDZ8
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you want it, you have to defeat the current owner in single combat.
JCRiley09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I see we're going by Mando rules and not Rebels rules
First Page Last Page
Page 1035 of 1057
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.