Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,887,876 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Absolutely perfect response
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Del Rey Books is reprinting some great "Legends" / formerly EU titles with new covers over the next couple of years, starting with these.

Shatterpoint is probably my favorite prequel-era novel -
redline248
AG
Of the books written after Phantom Menace, I wasn't a huge fan of Shatterpoint, but I remember it being good. The Darth Bane books where some of my favorites. There is one where Yoda tries to bring Dooku back over that's really good (can't remember the name). Maybe Labyrinth of Evil, though i don't think that's right.
Ulrich
Shatterpoint, Traitor, and Unifying Force are probably my favorite EU novels.
Ulrich
The Thrawn trilogy is my favorite trilogy. I may need to dig up my box of Star Wars novels now.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
redline248 said:

Of the books written after Phantom Menace, I wasn't a huge fan of Shatterpoint, but I remember it being good. The Darth Bane books where some of my favorites. There is one where Yoda tries to bring Dooku back over that's really good (can't remember the name). Maybe Labyrinth of Evil, though i don't think that's right.
Dark Rendezvous is the Yoda/Dooku one and has great dialogue between them.

Labyrinth of Evil is sort of a wild goose chase right before the opening battle of ROTS but decent enough.
YouBet
AG
Does Talon Karrde show up in any other Legends novels besides the original Zahn trilogy?

Edit: I'm sure I've asked this multiple times on this thread in the past. Sorry.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Yeah I just read the Thrawn trilogy for the first time, and then got hooked, and read the second Thrawn ones too. He shows up there.
YouBet
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Yeah I just read the Thrawn trilogy for the first time, and then got hooked, and read the second Thrawn ones too. He shows up there.
Two best things about that trilogy were Thrawn and Karrde.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
YouBet said:

Champ Bailey said:

Two best things about that trilogy were Thrawn and Karrde.

Yeah. If you have never listened to it on Audible, the guy who does it, Marc Thompson, does an incredible job of voice acting. Plus they have all the theme music going on in the background.
Red Five
AG
Ulrich said:

I ride or die with the X-wing series, but I think Traitor is the best book in the EU.
Ulrich
Red Five said:

Ulrich said:

I ride or die with the X-wing series, but I think Traitor is the best book in the EU.

The X-Wing series is good, I enjoy those, too.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Thoughts?
canadiaggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Thoughts?
Riz Ahmed instead! Too bad he was already in Rogue One
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I remember the dummy on AICN back in the day that was 100% convinced Kitster grew up to be Boba Fett, hence the name "Slave I" on the ship.

The real-life Kitster by comparison.

And now I'm down the wormhole of TPM promo pics. Thanks Google.

If I was Jake Loyd I would have had this image cropped and blown up to cover every wall of my room.

israeliag
AG
Sooo wizard.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I just Googled Jake Lloyd and had totally missed the **** show his life had become.
bluefire579
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I just Googled Jake Lloyd and had totally missed the **** show his life had become.
Partially because there are a lot of really really ****ty star wars fans out there
redline248
AG
bluefire579 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Partially because there are a lot of really really ****ty star wars fans people out there
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

He's definitely had some tough years. We're probably all lucky TPM came out in 1999 instead of 2009 when the Internet had really started turning into a hellhole. Getting cast as the most famous character in the most famous movies of all time when you're that young seems just really tough to keep any kind of perspective.

My daughters are the same age he was at the time the movie was filming. I can't imagine either of them put through the scrutiny that being in that movie put Jake through at such a young age.
TCTTS
AG

israeliag
AG
This is great. I love the Mandalorian studio technology, but Star Wars always looks its best when it goes with practical effects.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
About time Star Wars got back to Tatooine!
double aught
AG
israeliag said:

This is great. I love the Mandalorian studio technology, but Star Wars always looks its best when it goes with practical effects.
Couldn't agree with this more.
cbr
AG
I agree too...but to be fair, that actually looks to me like the set where mando found the skinny dude with fets armor.
CoachRTM
AG
I'm also assuming the Kenobi series will be centrally focused on Tatooine (one location) as opposed to Mando which is all over the galaxy.

Much easier to do practical effects for one location.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The one thing I really want to see more than anything in this series is for Obi-Wan to struggle with what's happened. Some sort of PTSD. In the events of ROTS, there are a couple of moments where you can tell he's on the edge of breaking down - seeing Anakin killing the younglings on hologram - but I want more.

Also, I would have really loved an alternate take from when he and Yoda are watching Sidious and Vader on the hologram and Yoda says: "Destroy the Sith, we must."
Obi-Wan replies with "Send me to kill the Emperor, I will not kill Anakin, he's like my brother."

Yoda should respond.
"Sounds good, that does. Much more powerful, the Emperor is. Kick my ass, he probably would."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I am unreasonably excited for this show.
Duncan Idaho
I had a little bit of interest in this but now I am looking forward to it. But I do feel like I have been burned too many times.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
But how many times were you burned by Ewan McGregor?

YNWA_AG
AG
TCTTS
AG
So a Luke/Jedi training show, starring Sebastian Stan, with Grogu, and bunch of other trainees, that ultimately ends with the arrival a young Kylo Ren...
redline248
AG
Yes, please.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I bet it's animated
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, good call. You're probably right.
First Page Last Page
Page 1022 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.