Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,886,569 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
bluefire579
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Edit: Actual Instagram link

https://instagr.am/p/CLKedmLsssU
Saxsoon
AG
What
the
?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Ulrich
Didn't he do something terrible that got him banned from everything henceforward?
Average Joe
AG
Ulrich said:

Didn't he do something terrible that got him banned from everything henceforward?

Who hasn't? AmIright?
bluefire579
AG
Ulrich said:

Something about a sex tap with his ex, I think?
Decay
AG
Let's just say we saw his red lightsaber
israeliag
AG
Does the Kenobi series take place after or before Rebels?
redline248
AG
I will guess before, unless we're getting old man Kenobi. Well, I guess it's possible it spans across a longer time if it's gonna bring Maul in.
redline248
AG
I actually looked at that full post from Park. I know it's a recent photo but his hashtag says Solo. Maybe it's an old picture he posted for fun.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, there's just no way Disney/Lucasfilm would let him reveal a Kenobi appearance this early, this casually, and this context-free. Plus, I definitely got the feeling he wasn't going to be invited back after that whole social media fiasco thing with his ex-wife or whatever that was.
redline248
AG
Star Wars' idea of valentine's day

Mr. White
Lando and the robot were more convincing
YouBet
AG
redline248 said:

Lol. Wow.

"Before I inadvertently kill you from my own evil, I want you to know I love you! Oh, and by the way, I just got through murdering a bunch of children because I love you so hard!"
Saxsoon
AG
Had a productive day without power
Duncan Idaho
YouBet said:

redline248 said:

Lol. Wow.

"Before I inadvertently kill you from my own evil, I want you to know I love you! Oh, and by the way, I just got through murdering a bunch of children because I love you so hard!"

He sounds like an incel when you put it like that
Ag Since 83
AG
Saxsoon said:

Had a productive day without power

Nice, be warned though, his smile is kind of creepy

I made on some progress on the UCS A-wing
redline248
AG
All of us in central Texas, tonight

Saxsoon
AG
redline248 said:

Try all of texas
YouBet
AG
YNWA_AG
AG
redline248
AG
Is it possible that my expectations will be so low that he manages to subvert them and make a good movie?
C@LAg
as if this week could not be bad enough.

i would rather he spend his time on original films, where he most definitely excels.

not sure why he would even want to be constrained by this at this point, tying him up for 6-8 years. make more Knives Out type films.
Al Bula
AG
redline248 said:

when my neighbor launched his drone yesterday to get some footage of the whiteness, I definitely thought to myself he was NOT having trouble adapting his drone to the cold.
jokershady
AG
redline248 said:

I will guess before, unless we're getting old man Kenobi. Well, I guess it's possible it spans across a longer time if it's gonna bring Maul in.
the series will be 6 episodes right? What if each 2 episdoes is a section of time for kenobi: 2 episodes prior to rebels, 2 episodes during rebels, and 2 episodes post rebels and lead up to ANH.

Just an idea but could be cool. I did call Luke in practically the way he was revealed in Mando so maybe I'll be 2 for 2
israeliag
AG
Would it be too obvious for the next trilogy to be a Harry Potter like story following some padwans through Rey's academy?

Would be cool to see Poe or Finn take the padawans on "field trips" and witness one be subverted to the dark side.
fig96
AG
redline248 said:

Is it possible that my expectations will be so low that he manages to subvert them and make a good movie?
The thing is, he has made a lot of good movies. Opinion was very split on his Star Wars film for lots of reasons, but that was largely due to the choices he made with characters people were already really attached to.

If he has a chance to do something not directly connected to the characters and plotlines we're very familiar with it could actually be really good.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Woke up yesterday and half expected to see this in my neighorhood

twilly
AG

Slept with these two last night. You know....just in case.

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
Flashdiaz
AG
fig96 said:

redline248 said:

The thing is, he has made a lot of good movies. Opinion was very split on his Star Wars film for lots of reasons, but that was largely due to the choices he made with characters people were already really attached to.

If he has a chance to do something not directly connected to the characters and plotlines we're very familiar with it could actually be really good.
a big issue was that he did a 180 from just about everything in The Force Awakens just to subvert expectations rather than telling a cohesive story.

and the 'original' parts were terrible. The Canto Bight scene was unintentionally laughable at best and the handling of Luke dying was poor. Not because I wanted Luke to go out in a blaze of glory but because he died and I had no emotional connection to it which is terrible given I grew up with that character.

given that, i'm curious how he does because I don't think he comes within 25 parsecs of what Favreau and Feloni could do.

YouBet
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Woke up yesterday and half expected to see this in my neighorhood

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248
AG
Switch only, right?
gougler08
AG
I guess staff doesn't believe in UFO's either
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yep. Free-to-play, so I'm not expecting much. But will definitely check it out.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yep. Free-to-play, so I'm not expecting much. But will definitely check it out.
My daughter gave the trailer a "meh" and went back to selling gear to Tom Nook on Animal Crossing.
First Page Last Page
Page 1016 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.